DevonDeathTrip

Vladimir Putin

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Former Kremlin spin doctor Gleb Pavlovsky has died at the age of 71.

The Kremlin doesn't so much spin, it creates alternate realities.

So, Putin's projected push to mark the first anniversary of the invasion. They're fighting and trying to regain a bit of ground but...not exactly shock and awe, is it?

Or am I missing summat?

32 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Putin's projected push to mark the first anniversary of the invasion. They're fighting and trying to regain a bit of ground but...not exactly shock and awe, is it?

Or am I missing summat?

Haven't even managed to capture all of Bakhmut by the anniversary. So, in a word, no. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

The US secret service leaks say that Putin undergoes chemotherapy:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22012696/cancer-putin-chemo-plots-against-leaked-pentagon-docs/

I kind of do wonder though if those leaks are intentional, or even misleading on purpose.

I was kinda wondering if Murdoch was involved with the leaks, or at least reports on Putin's cancer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

The US secret service leaks say that Putin undergoes chemotherapy:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22012696/cancer-putin-chemo-plots-against-leaked-pentagon-docs/

I kind of do wonder though if those leaks are intentional, or even misleading on purpose.

Pentagon leaks, not Secret Service. I was very confused wondering why they would have any idea about that... Assuming it isn't completely made up.

• Like 3

Putin at the "victory day parade":

FvwNquoWYAAGwB4.thumb.jpg.8582de7ef22abc082904f7e33b4325a5.jpg

There was something somewhere about the two men next to him who were originally simply called "WWII veterans". There's NKVD agent and sniper Yuri Dvoikin, 98 who supressed anti-Soviet underground in Ukraine during WWII (and did whatever else NKVD agents did in the 1940s) The other is Major General Gennady Zaitsev, 88, commander of the 7th directorate of the KGB during the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia and later commander of KGB's Alpha Group twice.

46 minutes ago, arghton said:

There was something somewhere about the two men next to him who were originally simply called "WWII veterans". There's NKVD agent and sniper Yuri Dvoikin, 98 who supressed anti-Soviet underground in Ukraine during WWII (and did whatever else NKVD agents did in the 1940s) The other is Major General Gennady Zaitsev, 88, commander of the 7th directorate of the KGB during the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia and later commander of KGB's Alpha Group twice.

NKVD agents in the 1940s would have mostly occupied themselves with ethnic cleansing, mass murder and show trials, and maybe occasionally helping their boss Beria rape and murder young women. Lovely people.

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Surely anyone who is 88 will not be old enough to be a WWII veteran. He would have been 11 in 1945.

Vera Putina (wiki), the Georgian woman who claims to be Vladimir Putin's real mother, dead at 96 according to Georgian news reports.

Hadn't been covered by the media in years so I assumed she had died off radar.

imagegroup.jpg.7d1676d48d31dbe7592b2ef154f5713e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Yeah, I also thought I'd never hear of that person again. Hadn't yet deleted her from my longlist though.

• Like 1

Hard to believe that the guy from X Factor could be responsible for bringing down Putin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Hard to believe that the guy from X Factor could be responsible for bringing down Putin!

It's VAHgner, Louis.

• Like 1

I wonder if Steven Seagal ever met Yevgeni Prigozhin and said, "You know, I used to be a cook, too."

• Like 1

Reports he left to St. Petersburg. Paranoid coward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

Prigozhin has ordered his mercenaries to halt their march on Moscow to avoid shedding Russian blood. 

https://apnews.com/article/9acbdf1eda849692ca0423a4116058d1

Aye, that'll save a little on the dry cleaning of Putin's underwear!

• Like 1