Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

34 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Dominic Raab must take the cake as just about the worst, most incompetent holder of high office in the history of UK cabinet government. A total plank.

Aren't we forgetting Boris 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Dominic Raab must take the cake as just about the worst, most incompetent holder of high office in the history of UK cabinet government. A total plank.

Nadine Dorries would like a word

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

You forgot his stint as Brexit Secretary where he revealed he didn't realise the UK was so reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing... :facepalm: :banghead:

And also when, as Foreign Sec, he decided to continue with his Greek beach holiday when Kabul fell to the Taliban and thousands of our people struggled to get a safe passage back to the UK, and he defended himself by saying he couldn’t have been on the beach paddle boarding as “the sea was closed”.

0A617518-152A-450C-B248-65DE68DD6841.thumb.jpeg.84ff81fc4b12bec8d8e4f702950f70f9.jpeg

Oh look, the C is closed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Still blows my mind Raab is a graduate of Oxford and Cambridge 

Polytechnics?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Still blows my mind Raab is a graduate of Oxford and Cambridge 

But not Hull?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, msc said:

Aye, Esher's 9th on that list (and tbh it'll go imo, once you prove something is possible to voters they tend to vote for it). Just for context, the super marginal Lib Dem perennial targets/swing seats of St Ives and Eastbourne are actually more marginal than Esher or Cheltenham. 

Aren't the Tories planning some gerrymandering?  I know they're trying to fiddle about with my constituency.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Aren't the Tories planning some gerrymandering?  I know they're trying to fiddle about with my constituency.

They've redrawn the boundaries, yes. Which was meant to happen a decade ago but some useless sod David Cameron'd the whole thing up. And yes, the new map is meant to improve Tory seat chances, though like the SNP landslide in 2015, that sort of advantage only works to a certain level if the public want to vote you out.

You can check the extent of the fiddling in your seat here!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prussianblue said:

Have people forgotten Sir (sic) Gavin Williamson CBE (sic) already?

I take it back!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Express taking things well I see

Kind of like Putin wanting the best for Ukraine... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, msc said:

You can check the extent of the fiddling in your seat here!

Cheeky!

Oooh I've been moved!  Embarrassingly for my current MP, so has they :lol:

Looks like it might be worth me voting Labour after all.

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:
5 hours ago, Toast said:

OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I deliberately avoided saying "seat", you cheeky git.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Sweet Jesus

Has had the whip suspended unsurprisingly.

For fuck sake. What an insane thing to write.

She posted this on Twitter this morning:

E901797D-7401-4894-AEA6-B38B92945A06.thumb.jpeg.f8ba9ead38b235965aece4a61f6926ce.jpeg

Fair, she immediately, publicly and unreservedly apologised. It’s quite a stretch, though, to accidentally do a holocaust denial in your draft and then accidentally email that to the fucking Observer, mind. Whip removal was the only option.

Wait.

Sunak has arranged the evacuation of all diplomatic staff and their families from Sudan.

Phew, that should be a great relief to all the British nationals left in Sudan who don't even have access to consular/embassy support at all. He's abandoned them.

Biden has done the same : arranging diplomatic staff to evacuate but not us civilians 

I guess both British and Americans are waiting to see how this mayhem evoluates

For now there have been attacks only against Western diplomacies, not their civilians.

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Wait.

Sunak has arranged the evacuation of all diplomatic staff and their families from Sudan.

Phew, that should be a great relief to all the British nationals left in Sudan who don't even have access to consular/embassy support at all. He's abandoned them.

You mean all of the Sudanese who became dual nationals when they fled Sudan to escape certain death but have just popped back to see their cousin Mohamed for a couple of weeks.

Don't go to countries like that in the first place. It's not the governments fault some of its citizens are stupid. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Don't go to countries like that in the first place. It's not the governments fault some of its citizens are stupid. 

Sudan has great mineral wealth, a growing economy and a population of over 45 million. Hardly inconceivable that people might want or need to go there for reasons of business, teaching, charity work, etc. etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Sudan has great mineral wealth, a growing economy and a population of over 45 million. Hardly inconceivable that people might want or need to go there for reasons of business, teaching, charity work, etc. etc.

A few years ago when I was working on an EU Technical Barriers to Trade project the activity was split between Sudan and Ethiopia. My employer did not allow me to go to Sudan but the other consultant (who was self employed) decided to go. He checked with his bank before he left that he would be able to use his cards there and they told him he could but they didn't really check. He came to the end of his stay and tried to pay for his hotel and they would not accept his credit card and he had no cash. He was faced with the prospect of being arrested fortunately one of the companies he had been visiting paid his bill for him and he was allowed to leave. When he got back he demanded significant compensation from his bank for their poor advice.

So glad our our companies insurers

• Like 4

3 hours ago, prussianblue said:

It's a crap hole that has spent more years than I care to remember in civil war. You want to do business there? Want to teach? Do a bit of 'charidee? On your head be it, don't expect the Government to bail you out of the shit.

The only people that needed to be there were Government employees.

The End.

Edit: If you think I'm just blowing air out of my arse hole, speak to the multitude of Sudanese refugees who now live in the UK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It's a crap hole that has spent more years than I care to remember in civil war. You want to do business there? Want to teach? Do a bit of 'charidee? On your head be it, don't expect the Government to bail you out of the shit.

The only people that needed to be there were Government employees.

The End.

Edit: If you think I'm just blowing air out of my arse hole, speak to the multitude of Sudanese refugees who now live in the UK.

It has been in a constant state of unrest since 2018-19. That is if we are generous with the timeline.

For once I agree 100% with you. Similar to how I feel of people traveling to North Korea or Russia. Own up to your stupidity.  

• Like 2