Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

Veteran radio and television personality Tan Swee Leong died from rectal carcinoma, or rectal cancer, at about 5am yesterday. He was 77. Before the cancer diagnosis, he had suffered two strokes, the first of which was in December last year.

SC

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/veteran-radio-tv-presenter-dies-cancer-age-77

• Like 1

Brian Cant was noticably absent from BBC4 documentary on "The Golden Age of Children's Television" tonight. They mentioned him and showed some archive clips but no "talking head" from him.

• Like 1

Brian Cant was noticably absent from BBC4 documentary on "The Golden Age of Children's Television" tonight. They mentioned him and showed some archive clips but no "talking head" from him.

Didn't realise he is 83.

Has he got Parkinsons??

Edit: Has has. :(

Didn't realise he is 83.

Has he got Parkinsons??

Edit: Has has. :(

That's right since 1999 but was still working up until about 5 years ago.

I grew up watching Brian Cant on Play School & Play Away, and listening to his narration on Trumpton, Camberwick Green & Chigley.

The man is a legend, if there were any justice he'd have a knighthood, but no he doesn't even have a poxy MBE. The fucking honours system is a joke.

• Like 1

Jack 'Tags' Bannister took 1,198 wickets in a career spent entirely with Warwickshire

Former BBC TV cricket commentator and Warwickshire seam bowler Jack Bannister has died at the age of 85.

SC

http://sportpush.com/former-bbc-commentator-bannister-dies/

Edit: as I posted this based on the headline I realized his playing career may trump that of a presenter (despite the headline). If it needs to be moved feel free.

Jack 'Tags' Bannister took 1,198 wickets in a career spent entirely with Warwickshire

Former BBC TV cricket commentator and Warwickshire seam bowler Jack Bannister has died at the age of 85.

SC

http://sportpush.com/former-bbc-commentator-bannister-dies/

Edit: as I posted this based on the headline I realized his playing career may trump that of a presenter (despite the headline). If it needs to be moved feel free.

Had him just off my list being a Wolverhampton lad, but seemed in fine fettle reporting forTalkSport before Christmas. Bugger.

Oh my lord, Fred Dinenage has just asked Tim Peake a question in Peake's interview from the ISS! He's working for Meridian still? And alive, obviously.

Now HE is a good candidate to replace Dunn.

Always looked ancient, is still ( only) 73 and could go on until 123 or summat.

So, he was presenting How? in his twenties, and he looked middle-aged then.

Anybody got the SP on Pete Murray?

No?

Fuck ya then.

Guest Guest

Posted this in Deadio Times as it was the first topic that came up when I searched for Terry Wogan but better suited here....

Terry Wogan not presenting Children In Need for first time in 35 years due to health reasons!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34803750

you could be on to something there ...

Guest Droosy

I was watching CNN´s Quest means business and there was no Richard Quest on, but some full-breasted American woman instead! I fear for Richard, because he was arrested in Central Park a few years ago with crystal meth, a rope around his cok, a 17 year old rent boy, and a sex toy in his boot. He is definitely one of reporters to watch as a possible DL pick

I was watching CNN´s Quest means business and there was no Richard Quest on, but some full-breasted American woman instead! I fear for Richard, because he was arrested in Central Park a few years ago with crystal meth, a rope around his cok, a 17 year old rent boy, and a sex toy in his boot. He is definitely one of reporters to watch as a possible DL pick

Dick quest?

• Like 1

Dick quest?

Richard Quest usually gets called upon to report on aviation disasters. He occasionally does the business reports, but not very often these days.

sounds like she is in a dire situation. She is a MUST for the deathlist if she makes it.

sounds like she is in a dire situation. She is a MUST for the deathlist if she makes it.

It's tough to say, but pancreatic cancer at 83. Depending on how advanced it is, she might not make it to see the New Year.

It's tough to say, but pancreatic cancer at 83. Depending on how advanced it is, she might not make it to see the New Year.

Depends on what stage it is and what they're doing about it. I included former Montana Governor and former Olympic speed skater 80-yr old Judy Martz who was diagnosed stage 3 in late 2014. But I think NEXT year is her year, but didn't want to whiff after researching her and keeping quiet about her last year. Even at 80 it's only stage 3 and I guess 'an operation' (they didn't say whipple procedure but something like that musta been done) and chemo and she seems ok for now though info is scant. Being 83 isn't an end all, if it's stage 4 that's different, if it's inoperable that's different. It all depends.

SC

Man mountain and tough-guy investigative reporter Roger Cook (the bloke who once outed Martin McGuinness as IRA chief of staff and dared McGuinness to sue him) set to make a one-off return at the age of 72 to catch up on events of the life of one of his other subject. John "Goldfinger" Palmer (i.e. the guy gunned down in his own garden a few months back)

Man mountain and tough-guy investigative reporter Roger Cook (the bloke who once outed Martin McGuinness as IRA chief of staff and dared McGuinness to sue him) set to make a one-off return at the age of 72 to catch up on events of the life of one of his other subject. John "Goldfinger" Palmer (i.e. the guy gunned down in his own garden a few months back)

Cook sees this as 'personal' as Palmer was the only person who made a death threat to Cook( and Cook has had umpteen) that was taken seriously.

Guest Guest

Ones worth keeping an eye on :

Peter Perves

Valerie Singleton

Melvyn Bragg

John Craven

Des O`Connor

Jimmy Hill

Bruce Forsyth

Barbara Walters

David Attenborough

Tony Blackburn

Larry King

Nicholas Parsons

Denis Norden

Stuart Hall

Rolf Harris

Chris Denning

Neil Fox

Len Goodman

Arlene Philips

Cliff Michelmore

Cilla Black

Paul O`Grady

Jeremy Clarkson

Pat Robertson

David Dimbleby

Fred Talbot

Mary Berry

Michael Parksinson

Michael Aspall

Andrew Marr

Brian Walden

Murray Walker

Roger Cook

David Dickinson

Anne Robinson

Denise Robertson

Gloria Hunniford

3 gone. 34 to go ...

Guest Guest

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

Barring accidents, I can't see any of these dying in the next ten years, with the possible exception of Sarah Kennedy (she doesn't have a drink problem y'know). They all seem fit and healthy and working (so put 'em all down for 2016).

just shows u never know !

Cook sees this as 'personal' as Palmer was the only person who made a death threat to Cook( and Cook has had umpteen) that was taken seriously.

That's not true. Several years ago, I saw Roger Cook (who used to live a few miles down the road from me) driving in his gas guzzling 4x4 AGAINST the arrows in our local Tesco car park. I made a death threat and an offensive hand signal to him. Maybe he will make a documentary about me next.

Aside from that, my dad also sold him a car many years ago. Said he was a right cunt.

• Like 3

That's not true. Several years ago, I saw Roger Cook (who used to live a few miles down the road from me) driving in his gas guzzling 4x4 AGAINST the arrows in our local Tesco car park. I made a death threat and an offensive hand signal to him. Maybe he will make a documentary about me next.

Aside from that, my dad also sold him a car many years ago. Said he was a right cunt.

The same has been levelled with some frequency at that fat yank Michael Moore, who's docu's ostensibly fight for what is right against the corruption and indifference of the state or others. Perhaps being some kind of cunt goes with the territory? the more genteel amongst us may concur in many respects with what they are doing (or we may not), but wouldn't be where these guys are in the first place. Dunno.

No excuse for a 4x4 though. ;)

• Like 1