Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Guest Guest

As a matter of interest is there any current MPs who were elected before 1970 but who lost their seat and came back a 2nd time??

Guest Guest

PS safe labour seat means the sooner they can hold the by election the better. I think that means at least 4-5 weeks so November 26 would be a good day,. its the day after the autumn statement so there's bound to be a lot of pissed off labour voters

As a matter of interest is there any current MPs who were elected before 1970 but who lost their seat and came back a 2nd time??

David Winnick for one.

Member for Croydon South Mar 1966 - Jun 1970

Member for Walsall North May 1979 - present.

• Like 2

Wow, joint first place on a death list for the first time ever - exciting! (also second on the list for a reason I can't work out but I'm not complaining).

The list was edited from the initial list where the players were listed by the order in which the entries were received. The early bird and all that....

• Like 1

Seen as your accepting team names can I have

Final Reading

David Winnick for one.

Member for Croydon South Mar 1966 - Jun 1970

Member for Walsall North May 1979 - present.

Can't speak to 1970, but you ferretted out my basis for inclusion on my list! Granted I could only find names through the letter G for certain so that's why it's A-G heavy. LOL. Most of the names I have were MPs elected, booted, and re-elected. I figured they had a history of being booted, so a-booting they will go.

SC

Winnick is a good choice, anyhow, as he always looks like a man practicing to be a ghost at the best of times.

imgID14854543.jpg

David - the Ghost - Winnick; lovin' them stains on the teeth David!

• Like 2

UKIP select John Bickley as their candidate. They are quick out of the stalls but the poll is four weeks tomorrow. An early December by-election is going to be tricky. Will the weather determine the winner?

The Labour short list contains a candidate with strong local credentials and the selection process will exclude members of less than 6 months standing so I do not think the Left will parachute a candidate in. Labour have to win and win big. Any reduction in vote share will be seized on by opponents. Conservatives will get their excuses in early.

Another SNP MP resigns the whip but unfortunately she is outside the game.

Still no conclusion in the Carmichael saga.

Another SNP MP resigns the whip but unfortunately she is outside the game.

Still no conclusion in the Carmichael saga.

Chill, this is the long game, five years.

Guest msc

St Helens South and Whiston? Though that might not pop up for a year now.

Guest Guest

I predict that Jeremy Corbyn will be dead this time next week. Politically that is

Grant Shapps resigns as International Development minister over bullying claims, BBC have just reported. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34952981?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Unless he gives up his seat it's useless to us.

I guess he's indirectly responsible for fewer deaths than Ian Duncan Smith. And obviously the future deaths Cameron will be responsible for in due course.

Grant Shapps resigns as International Development minister over bullying claims, BBC have just reported. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34952981?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

I guess he's indirectly responsible for fewer deaths than Ian Duncan Smith. And obviously the future deaths Cameron will be responsible for in due course.

He's useless to me even if he does give up his seat, whilst wearing a DL2015 shirt he bought on this site.

SC

Yeah, but he has a history of upward mobility built on behind the scenes shenanigans; in other words he's a serial re-definer of his own life. So, if politics runs out of high-profile options he's about as arrogant as Louise Mench and potentially one who'd selfishly jump ship in search of another gravy train. Not this week, obviously, but possibily well ahead of the next election.

• Like 3

Watching a bit of the Syria air strikes debate, there has been alot of mention of the absence of the 'Honourable Member for Ilford South'. A quick Google search reveals that 63 year old Mike Gapes has been rushed to hospital suffering from those classic 'chest pains'. Looks like he's recovering after surgery but one to watch. Annoyingly, I know he was on my longlist but did not make it to my shortlist. I believe should he stand down or die he would be a unique pick for a very smug Voice of Young Maryport. http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/ilford_south_mp_mike_gapes_in_hospital_following_emergency_surgery_1_4330563

As for Shapps, he's on my list so I'd like to see him fall on his sword, although I would also like to point out that Maryport putting him in as a late replacement prevents me getting some very valuable unique pick points if it happens. Grrrr....

• Like 1

Whilst Gerald Kaufman looked a bit doddery, David "The Ghost" Winnick is looking livelier here than he has in some time.

• Like 1