Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Sir John Hurt

Naked Civil Servant will get top billing IMO...

• Like 1

Terry Gilliam, who has just survived a recent death rumour himself, is still trying to get his Don Quijiote project made. But after several decades in the making, production of the movie has to be delayed again because no insurance company wants to take the risk of insuring 75-year old pancreatic cancer patient John Hurt:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Terry-Gilliam-Don-Quixote-Has-Been-Delayed-Again-Course-84087.html

John Hurt has agreed to record 12 War Doctor stories for Big Finish.

I don't know if these are already in the can and they are announcing the release or whether they are going to start making them now.

OK audio recording is not as demanding as TV but he is still active.

Terry Gilliam, who has just survived a recent death rumour himself, is still trying to get his Don Quijiote project made. But after several decades in the making, production of the movie has to be delayed again because no insurance company wants to take the risk of insuring 75-year old pancreatic cancer patient John Hurt:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Terry-Gilliam-Don-Quixote-Has-Been-Delayed-Again-Course-84087.html

So, London studio, green screen and plenty of CGI trickery later on, right?

He must have had the same type of cancer as Wilko Johnson and Steve Jobs.

• Like 1

Pancreatic cancer is so dangerous because it's hard to catch early. But in Hurt's case they did. However, it's also extremely deadly when it returns, in fact, so deadly that one might still get decent odds on his death simply by speculating on a return of the cancer.

He must have had the same type of cancer as Wilko Johnson and Steve Jobs.

Ruth Ginsburg might be a better choice there, given Steve Jobs, you know, died from cancer.

If true, this is brilliant news. There will be lots more options for hits next year, so better we keep one of the all time greats who can still go that little bit longer, in my view.

Oh woe are thee whom declare cancer beaten. Sweet vengeance is mine, sayeth cancer.

He must have had a feeling of joy bursting in his chest when he heard that

• Like 2

John Hurt says he has been given the all clear from cancer...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/14/john-hurt-given-all-clear-on-cancer

That is good news but I bet he still gets picked for a few teams next year because he still looks really bad.

Didn't realise pancreatic could be cured.

That is good news but I bet he still gets picked for a few teams next year because he still looks really bad.

The most famous example I can think of is Chris Rea, who had surgery for pancreatic cancer in August 2000, and is driving home for Christmas each year. Mind you, he probably told the old pancreatic cancer it was fool if you think its over now.

The most famous example I can think of is Chris Rea, who had surgery for pancreatic cancer in August 2000, and is driving home for Christmas each year. Mind you, he probably told the old pancreatic cancer it was fool if you think its over now.

That reminds me of an old joke from my school days: It is a good thing Princess Di didn't marry Chris Rea.

• Like 1

I pulled him from my Death by Numbers team yesterday.

Has he been checked for Xenomorphs?

Cancer clear or not, a known pisshead of many years standing (or should that be stumbling) and he never looked that good

• Like 1

Agreed he should have attention paid to him by DPers but to be fair he left the stage on doctor's advice. He didn't rush to hospital holding his gut. That said, I gave him two years mad when original news broke so if 2017 isn't his year the first half of 2018 is.

SC

I think there's a decent chance that the crew members of the starship Nostromo of Alien die in the same order as in the movie.

Funny trivia: While the crew actors are all still alive, the man inside the Alien and the computer voice are already dead.

• Like 1

Agreed he should have attention paid to him by DPers but to be fair he left the stage on doctor's advice. He didn't rush to hospital holding his gut. That said, I gave him two years mad when original news broke so if 2017 isn't his year the first half of 2018 is.

SC

I've got 4 tickets for that - bah humbug.

Well, he made the Wimbers Final.

Looks thin as spam right enough.

wim4-large_trans++FEEiND-iVAHWLoyxZQxvew