paulh85

Strictly Come Dancing

39 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I'm now expecting Bobby Brazier to be on Dianne Buswell's Youtube channel because Joe turned her into an influencer. Especially when it's viewers who vote. At the moment she has 266k subscribers and also hangs out with Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes as they're basically siblings now.

When she went to Australia after covid happend and Australia still had 2 week probabtion period etc. She vlogged like 14 days in a hotel room about what it was like.

Dianne Buswell - no

Zoe Sugg - no

Alfie Deyes - no

Joe - ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Dianne Buswell - no

Zoe Sugg - no

Alfie Deyes - no

Joe - ???

Joe Sugg, Youtuber and made it to the final of Strictly a few years ago. It's how they met. Now live in a mansion somewhere near Brighton.

4 hours ago, msc said:

Anabel Croft from the tennis. 

I remember her from Interceptor.

25 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Joe Sugg, Youtuber and made it to the final of Strictly a few years ago. It's how they met. Now live in a mansion somewhere near Brighton.

Nope, sorry.

Amanda Abbington - yes

Angela Rippon  - yes

Layton Williams  no

Krishnan Guru-Murthy  - yes

Eddie Kadi  - yes

Angela Scanlon  - heard the name but wasn't sure what she was famous for, thought she was a Blue Peter presenter.

Zara McDermott  - no

Adam Thomas  - no (but have heard of his brother Ryan)

Nikita Kanda  -no

Ellie Leach  - not the name but knew the face. 

Jody Cundy CBE  - no

Bobby Brazier - no (vaguely aware Jade Goody had a son but couldn't have told you anything about him.)

Nigel Harman  - yes 

Annabel Croft - yes

Les Dennis - yes

• Like 1

Can’t be arsed going through the whole list, so Croft, Rippon and Dennis are the only ones I’ve heard of. 

I don't watch Strictly, but:

Amanda Abbington - yes

Angela Rippon - yes

Layton Williams - yes (seen him in a few things, one of which was an episode of The Cleaner)

Krishnan Guru-Murth - yes (legend)

Eddie Kadi - yes

Angela Scanlon - yes

Zara McDermott - no

Adam Thomas - yes

Nikita Kanda - no

Ellie Leach - no

Jody Cundy CBE - no

Bobby Brazier - not really (much like Handy, I knew Jade Goody had a son with Jeff Brazier but that's it)

Nigel Harman - yes 

Annabel Croft - yes

Les Dennis - yes

5 definite, 2 perhaps (soaps), 1 vaguely, 7 definitely not.

20 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Can’t be arsed going through the whole list, so Croft, Rippon and Dennis are the only ones I’ve heard of. 

How can you not have heard of Krishnan Guru-Murthy, do you live in a box underground?

Amanda Abbington - yes

Angela Rippon - yes

Layton Williams - yes 

Krishnan Guru-Murthy - yes 

Eddie Kadi - no

Angela Scanlon - yes

Zara McDermott - no

Adam Thomas - yes

Nikita Kanda - no

Ellie Leach - yes

Jody Cundy CBE -yes 

Bobby Brazier - yes

Nigel Harman - yes 

Annabel Croft - yes

Les Dennis - yes

1 hour ago, time said:

How can you not have heard of Krishnan Guru-Murthy, 

Who? 

It doesn't bother me that I haven't heard of some of them but I like to understand why I haven't heard of them. I don't watch soaps or sports but accept that would give people a legitimate call on celebrity status but Love Island contestants and YouTube influencers leave me cold.

• Like 4

On 16/09/2023 at 23:37, Toast said:

Dianne Buswell - no

Zoe Sugg - no

Alfie Deyes - no

Joe - ???

On 16/09/2023 at 23:41, ladyfiona said:

I know you don't care about this but just for completeness @Toast, I'll point out that Zoe Sugg (aka "Zoella") is Joe Sugg's elder sister, so they're both influencers. Alfie Deyes was (I don't know if he still is) Zoella's boyfriend and is also an influencer. What a huge contribution they are making to society.

As with Biblio, the Love Islanders and influencers are of no interest to me. Famous for nothing. Not the most stellar line-up this year, but the standard has been high. Scoring's the usual nonsensical mash-up, but it's been entertaining enough so far.

Nice to see Amy tonight, no wig, embracing her baldness. Says she's halfway through her treatment course and she sounded very positive for a good outcome.

14 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I know you don't care about this but just for completeness @Toast, I'll point out that Zoe Sugg (aka "Zoella") is Joe Sugg's elder sister, so they're both influencers. Alfie Deyes was (I don't know if he still is) Zoella's boyfriend and is also an influencer. What a huge contribution they are making to society.

Just to add to this.

Alfie and Zoe have one daughter and expecting another in December. Alfie also proposed to Zoe about two weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Just to add to this.

Alfie and Zoe have one daughter and expecting another in December. Alfie also proposed to Zoe about two weeks ago.

Why would anyone be interested in such people?  "Influencers" :facepalm:  I assume that means they tout various products on the internet in return for money and/or freebies.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why would anyone be interested in such people?  "Influencers" :facepalm:  I assume that means they tout various products on the internet in return for money and/or freebies.

Exactly this. And rinse the poor saps who follow them with inane merchandise. Alfie Deyes brought out something called The Pointless Book a few years ago, which was the most aptly named title in recent times.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Exactly this. And rinse the poor saps who follow them with inane merchandise. Alfie Deyes brought out something called The Pointless Book a few years ago, which was the most aptly named title in recent times.

At the moment he's currently copying Jacksepticeye and brought out a coffee brand called Future Self. It's the new thing to do when it comes to influencers - coffee or fast food (think Sides and when Mr Beast did Beast Burger).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Who?

I can understand that you might not have heard of Robin Windsor if you have never watched Strictly, but rather than make yourself look like a twat by commenting "who?", try using Google to educate yourself, or just don't comment at all. Simple.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Who?

*clears throat* The former professional dancer, Robin Windsor. Off of Strictly.

• Facepalm 1