YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

The positive news for Remain is that status quo tends to win referendums, unless the opposition is 10 plus points ahead in the final weeks, and this entire thing has been identical to the Scottish Indy Ref so far.

You forgot to add there's tons of thick, very easily swayed people in this country who love to get frightened about the wrong thing.

Yes. Yes there is.

Diary entry 9/6/16:

Morbidkid didn't see any scary Halibuts while he was out skateboarding/asking the older boys to buy menthol cigarettes for him.

And Lard didn't see any while she was ferrying her daughters around Buntington-on-the-Cowpat.

So that therefore leads to the inescapable scientific conclusion there can't possibly be any. Oh no, how embarrassing.

Finally made my decision and sent in my vote along with my vote to replace Sadiq Khan as MP for Tooting.

The positive news for Remain is that status quo tends to win referendums, unless the opposition is 10 plus points ahead in the final weeks, and this entire thing has been identical to the Scottish Indy Ref so far.

You forgot to add there's tons of thick, very easily swayed people in this country who love to get frightened about the wrong thing.
like Halibuts?

See, here's one of the kind of people I'm talking about.

MK isn't in 'this' country afaik.

Still think it's too close to call.

Still talking with real people in their front gardens. Ad-hock current score card from my leafleting rounds stands at 54 committed to Vote Leave, 12 views to RemaIN (to stay a xenophobic european). 10 undecided and 5 who would not say. Split those undecided evenly (even though the two values are widely spaced) add in all those who would not say, to RemaIN (to subsidise bullfighting), and then it's 59/22. And as a percentage split it looks like 73% Vote Leave, 27% RemaIN (to stay locked in a padded cell).

Sorry. Not close at all.

Still talking with real people in their front gardens. Ad-hock current score card from my leafleting rounds stands at 55 committed to Vote Leave, 12 views to RemaIN (to stay a xenophobic european). 10 undecided and 5 who would not say. Split those undecided evenly (even though the two values are widely spaced) add in all those who would not say, to RemaIN (to subsidise bullfighting), and then it's 59/22. And as a percentage split it looks like 73% Vote Leave, 27% RemaIN (to stay locked in a padded cell).

Sorry. Not close at all.

I believe you.

Brexit was 41 a couple of weeks back at paddy's.

2/1 yesterday, and after the Sun backed it, 11/8 this morning.

I am currently in Germany. This news makes me very depressed. Who are the vote leave people going to blame, in future, if they cannot blame the EU?
  • Like 2

Westminster.

• Like 2

Westminster.

That might be a bit embaressing for Boris if he is PM.

Still talking with real people in their front gardens. Ad-hock current score card from my leafleting rounds stands at 54 committed to Vote Leave, 12 views to RemaIN (to stay a xenophobic european). 10 undecided and 5 who would not say. Split those undecided evenly (even though the two values are widely spaced) add in all those who would not say, to RemaIN (to subsidise bullfighting), and then it's 59/22. And as a percentage split it looks like 73% Vote Leave, 27% RemaIN (to stay locked in a padded cell).

Sorry. Not close at all.

Maybe you should consider the influence of researcher bias https://explorable.com/research-bias. Also Hock will be more expensive if we leave the EU.

Westminster.

Gut feeling: Boris will never be PM.

• Like 1

Westminster.

Heseltine's law?

Westminster.

Heseltine's law?

That, and I don't believe he's popular enough in his own party. The right will centre around one of the seeming "true believers" like Gove or IDS.

The Sun ran their LEAVE front cover today, so they'll be claiming it was them "wot won it" if it goes that way

I am currently in Germany. This news makes me very depressed. Who are the vote leave people going to blame, in future, if they cannot blame the EU?

I wont blame anybody for leaving the EU. I do, however, suspect, the Chairman of VW, Fiat, Spanish arable farmers etc etc and the odd few million workers and their unions across Europe will be blaming the shit out of their respective Governments for screwing them and their very lucrative exports to the UK. All because a bunch of unelected cunts want to 'teach us a lesson.

Lets see who blinks first.

I'll be voting leave. Seeing that horrible c**t geldof a multi millionaire laughing and making fun of the working class fishermen who came to Westminster to protest against the destruction of their industry was nothing short of disgusting. I don't think I've ever even seen the Tories do that !

The left wing in this country are becoming less and less libreal and more and more fascist year after year. Hence the reason UKIP is mopping up the working class vote as labour has gone too far left and the liberals are left with no one to vote for. Someone needs to tell these people its not the 1980s anymore communism is dead and buried . China and Russia have abandoned communism for nationalism and capitalism for a reason(Chinese communist party is communist in name only). The UK hopefully will get our nationalism back and we will prosper under the capitalist system unrestricted by the EU.

• Like 3

I'll be voting leave. Seeing that horrible c**t geldof a multi millionaire laughing and making fun of the working class fishermen who came to Westminster to protest against the destruction of their industry was nothing short of disgusting. I don't think I've ever even seen the Tories do that !

The left wing in this country are becoming less and less libreal and more and more fascist year after year. Hence the reason UKIP is mopping up the working class vote as labour has gone too far left and the liberals are left with no one to vote for. Someone needs to tell these people its not the 1980s anymore communism is dead and buried . China and Russia have abandoned communism for nationalism and capitalism for a reason(Chinese communist party is communist in name only). The UK hopefully will get our nationalism back and we will prosper under the capitalist system unrestricted by the EU.

I hope you don't go spouting off like that in public.

The 'In' Police will start accusing you of being racist, xenophobic and deranged..... ;)

• Like 1

Never trusted Geldof. Waaay too close to the power brokers for my liking...

• Like 1

Geldof's a twat. I mean, 99% of people at head of both sides of this debate are, but Geldof's always been one.

'like' for the engineer , although I obviously want the UK to go the same way as the EU.

Don't know of one fisherman that won't vote 'leave'.

Still not sure how I'm going to vote on Thursday, I'm leaning remain but am still unsure.

Still not sure how I'm going to vote on Thursday, I'm leaning remain but am still unsure.

Do you have to get up three hours before you have to do anything just to give you time to decide 'Coco Pops or Weetabix? every morning.

Whatever way people decide to vote, dear God, they must have made that decision by now, surely?

Way too much procrastination nowdays, makes you seriously wonder how the f**k anything gets done.

13418886_1405574022793503_57380975143606
  • Like 4

Will be interesting to see which countries go next and whether at some point it might lead to a new union.