The Unknown Man

The 15th Death Of 2015

The 15th death of 2015  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I went for a German double this time with Helmut Kohl following Schmidt exiting stage left. As well as the death list record breaking fifteenth hit, I do believe Kohl's passing would also create a little piece of death list history in having consecutive Germans strike out.

Not just two consecutive Germans... two consecutive Germans named Helmut who happened to be consecutive Chancellors of Germany.

And both Chancellors named Helmut were married to women named Hannelore!

• Like 1

Now this is interesting None of the Above has the same number of votes as Martin Crowe. Only ZZG looks like a more popular pick.

This is the spot Clive Dunn should have had; that record breaking 15th spot.

Alas, it falls to what appears to have almost become his spiritual successor to take the honour.

Zsa Zsa, head towards the light, love. Go on.

• Like 2

Now this is interesting None of the Above has the same number of votes as Martin Crowe. Only ZZG looks like a more popular pick.

Well, I have to say that at this stage (in mid November) "none of the above" is a sound choice, a lot more likely than any individual candidate on the list. If I had to wager real money on this, I would have picked that as well - but since it's only a "free" game I went with someone more interesting. A record year with 15 hits is something I really look forward to...

I have a feeling Crowe will make it to 2016, and possibly to 2050. He is still active in giving advice in cricket games.

Was going on the King of Thailand but deleted my vote in favour of Joao Havelange as he was yet to have a single vote and it's a big sporting weekend in Bazil with the Grand Prix in São Paulo.

DeathList is about to be penalized for making Helmut-to-Helmut contact.

Kohl!

SirC

I've decided to retract my vote for Kohl, though he may well go next.

I just got to thinking (always dangerous) and I'm like hmmm with all that's going on around the world, it's kinda queer we don't hear anything from one particular opinionated statesman, Henry Kissinger. It's eerily quiet in fact. I'm thinking as he alights from his Thanksgiving feast next week he will clutch his damaged heart, drop to his knees, and utter those words that Nell Carter's character (Florida) said on Good Times when she lamented that her husband was dead:

"Damn Damn DAMMMMMMMMN!"

SC

Kohl!

SirC

I just got to thinking (always dangerous) and I'm like hmmm with all that's going on around the world, it's kinda queer we don't hear anything from one particular opinionated statesman, Henry Kissinger. It's eerily quiet in fact. I'm thinking as he alights from his Thanksgiving feast next week he will clutch his damaged heart, drop to his knees, and utter those words that Nell Carter's character (Florida) said on Good Times when she lamented that her husband was dead:

"Damn Damn DAMMMMMMMMN!"

SC

Looks like you a big a cunt as me then

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

BufordTJustice, on 30 Jul 2015 - 6:06 PM, said:snapback.png

I changed my vote to Valerie Harper :-)

Is that cheating ?

No but it speaks volumes about your character and anyone's who think it's ok.

SC

• Like 1

Kohl!

SirC

"Damn Damn DAMMMMMMMMN!"

SC

Looks like you a big a cunt as me then

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

BufordTJustice, on 30 Jul 2015 - 6:06 PM, said:snapback.png

I changed my vote to Valerie Harper :-)

Is that cheating ?

No but it speaks volumes about your character and anyone's who think it's ok.

SC

it's ok when sir crap does it.

On this date at this time Joao has a single vote. Noting for posterity.

SC

• Like 1

Is there a death drought or are these people too healthy to die? Even Zsa Zsa is healthier than her own daughter. Oops, sorry!! Her daughter has been dead for almost 11 months now. :xbones::skill2::skull::ghost2:

If Jake 'the Snake' dies now I've pulled a move on you all!

One month since the 14th hit - now starting to wonder if the record breaking 15 for 2015 is really going to happen........!?

One month since the 14th hit - now starting to wonder if the record breaking 15 for 2015 is really going to happen........!?

I've also been doubting it.

I don't really care though, I mean, beating the record by 1 death isn't a big of a deal.

I don't really care though, I mean, beating the record by 1 death isn't a big of a deal.

It might not be 'a big deal' or even 'that much of a deal' but breaking a record is still breaking a record. Would you have turned round to Roger Bannister and said '0.6 sec, meh'?

• Like 1

It might not be 'a big deal' or even 'that much of a deal' but breaking a record is still breaking a record. Would you have turned round to Roger Bannister and said '0.6 sec, meh'?

Yes.

Don't worry - Bill Maynard Boxing Day - massive heart attack following too much Christmas dinner.

Bill if you are reading this don't let it ruin your enjoyment of Christmas Day, remember it's your last!

Only 2 weeks to go........

Where are you? 8 light years off of Saturn?

Eh?!

Eh?!

He's saying unless there are 33 days in December you must be light years away

Eh?!
He's saying unless there are 33 days in December you must be light years away

Hmmm

Friday 18th - Thursday 24th = 7 days

Friday 25th - Thursday 31st = 7 days

2 x 7 days = 2 weeks

So......2 weeks left then, not light years away.....

I still reckon it will come, look how late Luise Rainer left it last year.

Nope. It won't come. Let's face it.