themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

Server's back up so the next update will be tomorrow.

Also, following a little thinking late on Saturday night, standby for for major changes for 2017...

• Like 5

Also, following a little thinking late on Saturday night, standby for for major changes for 2017...

Not again.(if this is more rule changes) Your constant tinkering with the once great game is making it a pain. The DDP worked fine for nearly two decades before you massacred it in December, one thinks you're becoming too complacent in your powerful position atop the competition and have some divine right to ride roughshot over it's history. You're a curator, not the flaming kingmaker.

Not again.(if this is more rule changes) Your constant tinkering with the once great game is making it a pain. The DDP worked fine for nearly two decades before you massacred it in December, one thinks you're becoming too complacent in your powerful position atop the competition and have some divine right to ride roughshot over it's history. You're a curator, not the flaming kingmaker.

Lets see what the changes are first, eh?

• Like 1

Yep, the DDP hasn't changed in 20 years. That's why the teams are anonymous, there's no jokers, and people get 4 points a death.

Huzzah, hopefully server stays ok and no more hiccups or hiccoughs, whichever you prefer.

Changes don't bother me, unless you were to introduce a survivor series table...I'd be good at that!

Eagerly awaiting news of the changes. Personally I hope that it tightens the eligibility of the nominees so that we have no more C@ncer Mum$.

I think rule changes keep things fresh, after all if a game doesn't change its rules for 100 years it can become boring e.g. soccer.

Yep, the DDP hasn't changed in 20 years. That's why the teams are anonymous, there's no jokers, and people get 4 points a death.

I remember when Grandfather used to play DDP. You didn't get any points for a hit back then you got an onion, you could use it to tie to your belt which was the style at the time and they didn't have white onions because of the War the only thing you could get was the big yellow ones.

• Like 5

E.g. football.

Aye no changes there in the first hundred years....

Anyone with a proper understanding of the rules of soccer can correct me if they want, but as far as I am aware (from 2 minutes worth of reading a website on the history of the rules of soccer), the only major rule change since 1925 (90 years not 100) is the back pass rule. Otherwise the game is pretty well unchanged.

Personally I find soccer quite boring other than the highlights on the news showing all the goals. While I have many friends who love the game (none of whom were able to tell me to put $50 on Leicester City at the beginning of the EPL Season btw), I am like the majority of sports-minded Aussie males my age who get mildly interested every 4 years, only to see the Socceroos get beaten by countries who can actually play.

E.g. football.

Aye no changes there in the first hundred years....

Nor subsequently...

Anyone with a proper understanding of the rules of soccer can correct me if they want, but as far as I am aware (from 2 minutes worth of reading a website on the history of the rules of soccer), the only major rule change since 1925 (90 years not 100) is the back pass rule. Otherwise the game is pretty well unchanged.

Personally I find soccer quite boring other than the highlights on the news showing all the goals. While I have many friends who love the game (none of whom were able to tell me to put $50 on Leicester City at the beginning of the EPL Season btw), I am like the majority of sports-minded Aussie males my age who get mildly interested every 4 years, only to see the Socceroos get beaten by countries who can actually play.

Yellow cards, red cards, substitutions... I mean I could continue.

• Like 1

Yellow cards, red cards, substitutions... I mean I could continue.

The offside rule has probably been changed twice within the writing of this post.

Incidentally, the "new posts" section shows you the first new post and latest post to any thread. Which led me, opening up the DDP thread, to think for a second that Spade was suggesting the introduction of yellow cards, red cards and subs to the DDP itself.

Leave the internet, please!

Leave the internet, please!

Nah, vive le difference. In any case, if the Aussies started taking it seriously that'd be one more nation likely to present an impasse for England in the quarters of a World Cup.

Latest updates(s)!!

• Like 6

snipped

As I look at this is bet a shilling that neither '8 Teamers' (Marks/Diski) drop dead at all.

SC

FAO Sir Creep...

You were saying?

I've just passed the 100 points mark in the DDP for the first time ever. :o

• Like 1

Next relevant death at the top of the table pretty much guarantees the points record goes as well.

Next relevant death at the top of the table pretty much guarantees the points record goes as well.

It's gone, hasn't it? It was 112, DDT had 106, and Jenny Diski (who was in her 60s) = 8 added points = 114?

DDT is only 3 hits away from equaling your 15/20 record too now.

The hitrate this year is insane. I will feel bad for the teams who finish the year with something like 80 points and a 40th place finish.

It's gone, hasn't it? It was 112, DDT had 106, and Jenny Diski (who was in her 60s) = 8 added points = 114?

DDT is only 3 hits away from equaling your 15/20 record too now.

Fuck, so it was. I had it in my head the record was 116 for some reason.