Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

I think the running mate will be Elise Stefanik.

A woman who will not upstage him.

During the Speaker of the House shenanigans, a lot of us wondered why Stefanik wasn't going for it. That's because she loves the role of hyping up whatever mediocre (at best) dude.

Haley has too much star power.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, lilham said:

A woman who will not upstage him.

During the Speaker of the House shenanigans, a lot of us wondered why Stefanik wasn't going for it. That's because she loves the role of hyping up whatever mediocre (at best) dude.

Haley has too much star power.

Trump gives zero-F's... it may be Tucker if he accepts or Vivek if TC doesn't want to. Even the most progressive left-wing kooks don't want to see a Kamala vs Vivek debate. That will be laughable. Coconut Tree Kamala.... what a disaster!... 

• Facepalm 7

Stefanik is literally on Trump's shortlist: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-elise-stefanik-vp-pick-prospect-rcna133599

'She's a killer': Trump eyes Rep. Elise Stefanik as a potential VP pick

The former president has spoken highly of the New York congresswoman, and his allies say she's high on the list of vice presidential prospects.

Lol, I'll take a facepalm from people who don't actually read the news.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, lilham said:

Stefanik is literally on Trump's shortlist: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-elise-stefanik-vp-pick-prospect-rcna133599

'She's a killer': Trump eyes Rep. Elise Stefanik as a potential VP pick

The former president has spoken highly of the New York congresswoman, and his allies say she's high on the list of vice presidential prospects.

Lol, I'll take a facepalm from people who don't actually read the news.

LOL @NBC being the source. Very laughable. Thanks for the chuckle!  Honestly, just FYI, I am no right winger. Eff them but also Eff the left wing kooks. I am an enigma and always will be. I toe no lines.  

• Facepalm 7

10 minutes ago, Crash Davis said:

LOL @NBC being the source. Very laughable. Thanks for the chuckle!  Honestly, just FYI, I am no right winger. Eff them but also Eff the left wing kooks. I am an enigma and always will be. I tow no lines.  

I don't care what you say you are. You told on yourself by using a racist slur, hence you getting the facepalm.

There are plenty of other sources. Did you know Stefanik was campaigning for him in New Hampshire this week? Did you know that that's the next primary coming up?
Have you followed what happened to the NH Democrats ballot, and why that means many may flip parties and vote Haley? Were you aware that 40% of NH voters are independent? We'll see what happens January 23rd.

Your facepalm to me confirmed you don't follow the news, on top of that messy bragging about how much of an independent thinker you are.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lilham said:

I don't care what you say you are. You told on yourself by using a racist slur, hence you getting the facepalm.

There are plenty of other sources. Did you know Stefanik was campaigning for him in New Hampshire this week? Did you know that that's the next primary coming up?
Have you followed what happened to the NH Democrats ballot, and why that means many may flip parties and vote Haley? Were you aware that 40% of NH voters are independent? We'll see what happens January 23rd.

Your facepalm to me confirmed you don't follow the news, on top of that messy bragging about how much of an independent thinker you are.

LOL, racial slur... SURE-BERT...It's pretty obvious and quite honestly it should be to everyone at this point that no one knows what is racist or isn't anymore. Everyone has a 'legend in their own mind" mentality. Assume I am white because of my avatar at your own peril or imagination...

If you want to discuss things as an adult, I am game. I mean no ill will and I AM 100% open minded. I voted for the trope that is in office in America right now and it is 100% a disaster. I don't care what anyone thinks/says. I call it as I see 100% of the time and if things change my mind then I will admit it.   Good evening to you.

• Facepalm 6

Just now, Crash Davis said:

LOL, racial slur... SURE-BERT...It's pretty obvious and quite honestly it should be to everyone at this point that no one knows what is racist or isn't anymore. Everyone has a 'legend in their own mind" mentality. Assume I am white because of my avatar at your own peril or imagination...

If you want to discuss things as an adult, I am game. I mean no ill will and I AM 100% open minded. I voted for the trope that is in office in America right now and it is 100% a disaster. I don't care what anyone thinks/says. I call it as I see 100% of the time and if things change my mind then I will admit it.   Good evening to you.

What does "coconut tree" refer to, other than deriding Jamaican heritage?

Why the assumption that Kamala originally ever had "left-wing" backing; they called her "Copmala." "Left-wing kooks" are not the driving force in elections; they're not geared toward functionality.

How is he a 100% disaster? He ended the war in Afghanistan, froze punitive student loan interest and at least lowered my payments by $10k a year to be forgiven in 15 years (under the GOP plan, mine is projected to grow to $850k at time of death; I've already made >$100k in worthless payments. student loans are like bedbugs in their rapid growth and expansion), repaired our relationships with allies, expanded national park land, increased American independence from Middle East oil, passed an infrastructure bill to fund projects like replacing lead pipes and complete bike paths and other road repairs that had long ago been abandoned, created an environmental worker program, raised the wages of federal workers, shut down 100+ gun stores who violated law including the infamous one in Indiana that supplied a great many of the guns in Chicago crimes, renewed the Violence Against Women Act, appointed the most diverse judges in US history. All this despite a divided congress. Kamala actually has the most tie breaks broken in Senate ever; second place is Calhoun who held his position 4 years longer than Kamala.

All of that must count for something.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

Forgive me for “calling it as I see it 100%”, but anyone who describes themselves as an enigma is invariably a cunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, lilham said:

Not a bad guess. He has said that he's already decided. He chose Mike Pence because he wasn't sure about having a grip on evangelicals.

Now he does, and as a typical mob boss, he'll choose a no.2 that is no threat to him (which is why Hitler chose the slightly simple-minded Rudolf Hess).

So it's not going to be anyone who made an impression during the campaign, like Ramaswamy.

Stefanik, he assumes, might help a little with women. Other choices would be Joni Ernst or the South Dakota governor whose name eludes me. It has to be someone slightly more loyal than them being high-profile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

he'll choose a no.2 that is no threat to him (which is why Hitler chose the slightly simple-minded Rudolf Hess).

Do people seriously believe that Trump, if elected, will be a Hitler or Mussolini-like figure, at his age, in a country like the United States, with all the checks and balances surrounding him? And if yes, why didn't he try to do that when he was, well, president of the USA from 2017 to 2021? He's had four years to cancel all future elections and establish himself Supreme Leader for Life or whatever MSNBC is saying these days, so why didn't he do it at that time? Not trying to be a smartass just geniunely asking.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crash Davis said:

Trump gives zero-F's... it may be Tucker if he accepts or Vivek if TC doesn't want to. Even the most progressive left-wing kooks don't want to see a Kamala vs Vivek debate. That will be laughable. Coconut Tree Kamala.... what a disaster!... 

Actually Vivek as VP would be the best life insurance for Trump. The threat of a President Ramaswamy would prevent any future assassination attempt.

• Facepalm 1

No, but seriously, Vivek has almost no chance of being Trump's VP pick. Please do not ask me to explain why, just take a look at his core base and you'll understand.

Haley makes no sense as well, a war hawk politician with the most anti-war candidate is a pairing that will alienate a lot of supporters.

DeSantis...nah. Too much bad blood now.

Trump's VP should have these qualities imo:

- complete loyalty

- a yes man (woman)

- a handsome (pretty) face

- name looks good on a bumper sticker

Some people here suggested Tucker but I doubt Tucker wants to work that hard. I think DT will either pick a moderate woman like Tulsi Gabbard or Kristi Noem, or complete nonthreatening nonentity male with a generic haircut like Pence.

Even Trump is smart enough to avoid radical and batshit insane MAGA ladies like MTG and Kari Lake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Do people seriously believe that Trump, if elected, will be a Hitler or Mussolini-like figure, at his age, in a country like the United States, with all the checks and balances surrounding him? And if yes, why didn't he try to do that when he was, well, president of the USA from 2017 to 2021? He's had four years to cancel all future elections and establish himself Supreme Leader for Life or whatever MSNBC is saying these days, so why didn't he do it at that time? Not trying to be a smartass just geniunely asking.

Jan 6th, 2021. He did try. He is trying. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, John Key said:

He had a genuine grievance that there was massive voter fraud in favour of Dems, I read after the election that more Americans voted than there are Americans eligible to vote in some swing states, If that is true then there was masses of fraud, even in UK elections only about 75% of people vote, the election should have been declared null and void in the swing states and the vote re run with UN observers making sure everything is above board

• Facepalm 11

4 minutes ago, BonScott said:

He had a genuine grievance that there was massive voter fraud in favour of Dems, I read after the election that more Americans voted than there are Americans eligible to vote in some swing states, If that is true then there was masses of fraud, even in UK elections only about 75% of people vote, the election should have been declared null and void in the swing states and the vote re run with UN observers making sure everything is above board

The United Nations now??

No, the states each have constitutions and laws that explain how to validate votes and do recounts.

There is no state where more people voted than were eligible; voter turnout is a huge problem in elections.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Agree, it is a load of old horse manure, he says extreme things pre election 2016 to keep his fanbase aside but in his last term he was quite a moderate leader, he didn’t ban muslims from USA, he never built the wall (he should have tbf), he never arrested the Clinton’s etc

i believe he will win easily in 2024 serve his 4 years then Don Jnr will be the 2028 candidate 

9 minutes ago, BonScott said:

this isn't true, at all. It's complete bullshit.

• Like 9

Trump doesn’t believe a word he says. It’s all showmanship for him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Key said:

Well then he must be a pretty lousy dictator for having waited until the last two weeks of his terms, AFTER losing a fair and honest election, to throw in that famous "insurrection" without guns, but with selfie sticks and a guy dressed as a freaking moose, against the most powerful country and army in the world. 

If Trump is elected again, and presuming he is able to see the end of his term, he will leave office, whether he wants it or not, on Jan 20th, 2029, not a day later. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous and shows an utter lack of understanding of how anything in the United States works.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Well then he must be a pretty lousy dictator for having waited until the last two weeks of his terms, AFTER losing a fair and honest election, to throw in that famous "insurrection" without guns, but with selfie sticks and a guy dressed as a freaking moose, against the most powerful country and army in the world. 

If Trump is elected again, and presuming he is able to see the end of his term, he will leave office, whether he wants it or not, on Jan 20th, 2029, not a day later. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous and shows an utter lack of understanding of how anything in the United States works.

Bear in mind his plan was to put pressure on his Vice-President not to declare legitimate certificates. 

As we have seen already he appears to be sizing up loyalists as his VP this time round. 

of course, it’s difficult to see how he could stand for a third term but he has already claimed his first term shouldn’t count because of all the fraud that took place in the election he technically won. 

1 hour ago, BonScott said:

They are just desperate to suck up to him to be chosen as his VP

Trump picking DeSantis to be VP may actually lose him votes in Florida! No chance!

8 hours ago, Comped said:

Trump picking DeSantis to be VP may actually lose him votes in Florida! No chance!

Yeah, it won't be him; that doesn't help Trump in any way.  The GOP now has Florida locked up in presidential elections, and DeSantis is also hard-right so it doesn't really help him pull from the pool of swing voters in swing states.  Pence was a strategic pick to try to get Evangelicals; we'll see where his campaign goes this time.  

• Like 2