Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

All I'm going to say is that Putin is a dangerous man, and while the elections may not of been hacked, there was certainly some influence from the Russians that hurt Clinton's chances...

If you mean that the Russians leaked information that was detrimental to the Clinton campaign then, maybe.

Then again, why did it take the Russians to point out the Clinton was fucking useless/liar/cheat/mad/ill etc?

• Like 6

Right, I just heard the testimony of Jeff Sessions, and based on what I heard, I'm going to predict one of the two following conclusions: 1) He is knowingly dodging questions about the Russia investigation simply by answering I don't know, which makes him less likely to be tried and imprisoned (and I say this cause many of the republicans there seem to be going lightly with some of their questions), or 2) He suffers from dementia. 

Either way, his testimony was absolute bullshit. 

• Like 1

What member of his cabinet do you think will die first. My pick is Jeff sessions.

Betsy Devos. 

Rex Tillerson

I'm going with Wilbur Ross as the first cabinet member to die, provided there isn't an assassination attempt on one of the members. If that happens it'll most likely be Betsy DeVos, Jeff Sessions, Rex Tillerson or Ben Carson since they are the most prolific members of the administration.

As far as the obstruction of justice charge goes, I'll wait and see where this goes. An investigation and verdict are two vastly different things, and whoever leaked this (probably Mueller himself) even said 'potential' obstruction of justice. Plus Comey testified that at least some of the NYTimes stories with 'anonymous sources' were fake so maybe this is as an effort to change the narrative after Scalise got shot.

According to the article, the investigation began days after the firing of Comey. They just publicly announced it today though. 

Nearly 200 Democratic members of Congress agreed to file a lawsuit Wednesday against President Trump alleging that by retaining interests in a global business empire he has violated constitutional restrictions on taking gifts and benefits from foreign leaders. 

James Mattis will be the first to go. He has those painful eye bags that can't mean anything good. And, now he has the stressful decision of putting more troops in Afghanistan. If it's not Mattis, it will be Wilbur Ross. Poor dude can't stay awake during any public appearance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Nearly 200 Democratic members of Congress agreed to file a lawsuit Wednesday against President Trump alleging that by retaining interests in a global business empire he has violated constitutional restrictions on taking gifts and benefits from foreign leaders. 

I don't think that'll be successful. 

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't think that'll be successful. 

Maybe not. Trump is already trying to use the defense that this shouldn't be a problem because George Washington sold hemp and wheat while he was president.

Can we please ban the phrase "breaking news" or, alternatively, send out someone to break the fingers of anyone on this forum who uses it?

• Like 7

If you actually break a finger, please break the news here.

Let's be honest, is that really a surprise by anyone? 

• Like 1

And just to be clear, I'm talking about his accusation, not the actual message he said.

Just seen the subtitle for this thread. :lol:

Whoever was responsible, well done.

2 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Flabbergasted? Hardly.

Only going by the article.  Nevertheless, you are that rarest of things:  a [mostly] sane Texan. :P  :D 

UPDATE: Yes, flabbergasted - at least some idiots from Virginia are:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/donald-trump-chris-uhlmann-americans-defend-president/8696438

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:54, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Only going by the article.  Nevertheless, you are that rarest of things:  a [mostly] sane Texan. :P  :D 

UPDATE: Yes, flabbergasted - at least some idiots from Virginia are:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/donald-trump-chris-uhlmann-americans-defend-president/8696438

Partially sane, perhaps. I am about to go out of the house into a heat index of 103F so I can go to the grocery store. This requires a certain amount of total lunacy since the car will be around 125F when I open the door.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2017 at 09:12, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Conservative Australian journalist Chris Uhlmann's attack on Trump goes viral.... Yanks are apparently flabbergasted.

Video here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-10/how-chris-uhlmanns-g20-takedown-of-donald-trump-went-viral/8695144

Helen Razer responds:  https://www.crikey.com.au/2017/07/13/razer-uhlmanns-trump-mic-drop-was-banal-and-an-absolute-fizzer/