Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

4 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I dont think Trump will be impeached.I think a lot of it is wishful thinking.I canalso see him winning in 2020 if the Democrats carry on failing to get across an alternative vision that can swing the rustbelt.At the moment they seem to be more focused on saying Trump is a bastard which did not work last year.

I think some of it is probably wishful thinking on my part, but because of the ongoing Russia investigation, and Trump continuing to be as unpresidential as he usually is has made some of the republican senators more critical of Trump. And remember, just because someone gets impeached doesn't necessarily mean that they get removed from office, so keep that in mind when I say someone will get impeached...

18 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think some of it is probably wishful thinking on my part, but because of the ongoing Russia investigation, and Trump continuing to be as unpresidential as he usually is has made some of the republican senators more critical of Trump. And remember, just because someone gets impeached doesn't necessarily mean that they get removed from office, so keep that in mind when I say someone will get impeached...

I dont think the Russian investigation will tell us anything we don't know I could be wrong but I think we are getting a clearer picture.Oh it is possible I just think the Republicans wont want to rock the boat in the forseeable.Moderates in the Republican party are so stressed that I doubt they would want a civil war.If they try and oust Trump they cpuld alienate many in their base so I think that will be what makes them resist the temptation.Trump also has shown he can defy the odds against the establishment in the past so that too may make Republicans who hate him wary.He thrives off people seen as the establishment wirking against him so they could inadvertedly help him.

I think it's more than the Russia investigation on why I think Trump is likely to be impeached (though not necessarily removed from office). His behavior has always been unpresidential and immature, but I felt like the past few weeks has really proved how unqualified Trump is as president. Not condemning the Charlottesville attack for almost a full week has many Republicans angry at Trump, even some of them who were supportive of him in the election. That could be a motive to impeach him. But two actions yesterday had lots of criticism from many politicians: the pardoning of Joe Arpaio, and revealing his guidelines for his transgender ban from serving in military. I think, for the past three weeks, that's pretty significant. And about the Russia investigation, there is probably stuff going on that is classified information that we don't know about. The senate clearly knew something was up when they almost unanimously (only Sanders and Rand Paul voted against it for different reasons) voted on a bill that put sanctions on Russia and limit Trump's on easing sanctions with Moscow. So, I think that Trump is increasingly becoming more dangerous, imo, than I honestly would've thought. I originally thought that he was just a discriminating person who was able to gather up supporters for different reasons, but throughout his presidency, I am slowly starting to get more afraid of him. It's also starting to become clear that a lot of the senate republicans are different than Trump, though he still has his supporters in the senate. So, I think his impeachment, which doesn't necessarily mean removal from office, isn't a matter of if anymore, but when...

The other wildcard in the Trump impeachment debate is the man himself - I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just up and quit after a legal verdict that goes against him. In fact, that would be quite in character, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens before there's enough support for an actual impeachment.

Continuing from the Arpaio pardon (which I believe is absolutely a bullshit move), even Paul Ryan criticized him. I think some of the Republican Party is starting to get some sense back tbh...

• Like 1

If we consider for a moment that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or at least strong narcississtic traits. then the question is whether he can ever break the cycle of having to oppose people and argue with them. In that scenario he's incapable of sustaining a coherent strategic managment of any kind of policy that would convince doubters (and also a permanent danger in office of mismanaging a situation into a crisis).

The Guardian were on this months ago - no wonder he hates the press: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/17/donald-trump-narcisissm-mentally-ill-personality

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

If we consider for a moment that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or at least strong narcississtic traits. then the question is whether he can ever break the cycle of having to oppose people and argue with them. In that scenario he's incapable of sustaining a coherent strategic managment of any kind of policy that would convince doubters (and also a permanent danger in office of mismanaging a situation into a crisis).

The Guardian were on this months ago - no wonder he hates the press: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/17/donald-trump-narcisissm-mentally-ill-personality

On the other, the person who literally wrote the book on NPD - the psychiatrist who wrote the defining clinical characteristics for it - has said that while Trump is a narcissist, he doesn't have the defining characteristics for NPD. 

I think a case can easily be made that he is suffering from the disease, but it's just as easy to make a case that he's simply horrific at being President and has too much of an ego to not try and "win" every situation he faces.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RishCast said:

On the other, the person who literally wrote the book on NPD - the psychiatrist who wrote the defining clinical characteristics for it - has said that while Trump is a narcissist, he doesn't have the defining characteristics for NPD. 

I think a case can easily be made that he is suffering from the disease, but it's just as easy to make a case that he's simply horrific at being President and has too much of an ego to not try and "win" every situation he faces.

Aye, a fair point

There are some rumors swirling that Trump may have to testify in front of the house intelligence committee about the Russia investigation due to new evidence. The tensity continues...

Larry Sherman (IMDb), Trump's first publicist, has died aged 94. He was also an actor and featured in a couple of TV shows such as Law and Order, The Sopranos and a few movies (often uncredited).

19 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

There are some rumors swirling that Trump may have to testify in front of the house intelligence committee about the Russia investigation due to new evidence. The tensity continues...

You can expect the bombing of North Korea to begin any day now to divert attention away from that then !

Well, he went to Corpus Christi in support of it, and he did it in typical Trump fashion

Sigh, I was rooting for him for once, and he fucking blew...

In non-Harvey related Trump news, he's expected to repeal DACA and/or let it lapse, drawing fire from businesses. Announcement could be made as early as Friday, though there's a thought that Harvey may force policy changes from Trump and the Republicans related to DACA, illegal immigration, and the border wall.

In other potential Trump news, David Clarke, Milwaukee sheriff who is an outspoken Trump supporter and who Trump called a 'great guy,' resigned. He's been under fire for abuses in jails in his jurisdiction, including the death of an inmate, as well as his hardline right-wing opinions (gun rights, BLM and ISIS are teaming up to destroy America, Ferguson protestors are vultures, the usual stuff). Given that he claimed he was offered a senior position in the the Department of Homeland Security in May, it's possible he could be hired by the federal government, especially given Trump's support of him. he said he'll announce his next steps in the near future, which a couple of other websites have claimed is next week.

Conspiracy nut Alex Jones believes that Trump is getting drugged because in the evening, he is often reduced to talking gibberish:

https://politicalwire.com/2017/09/11/alex-jones-claims-trump-drugged/#disqus_thread

Commentators believe that Trump is more likely "sundowning":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowning

Would also explain his middle-of-the-night tweets...

I think we've proved beyond doubt on this forum, over the years, that you don't need to be drugged to post demented bollocks.

• Like 3

More speculation about Trump's declining mental health (and possible decline in their marriage) after Melania introduced him, he thanked her with a handshake

Handshake moment

• Confused 1

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:43, Phantom said:

More speculation about Trump's declining mental health (and possible decline in their marriage) after Melania introduced him, he thanked her with a handshake

Handshake moment

OOOhhhh - the damage she could do, eh?

Surely that won't be allowed to happen - is she worth a pick next year?

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

OOOhhhh - the damage she could do, eh?

Surely that won't be allowed to happen - is she worth a pick next year?

I doubt she will be bumped off in mysterious circumstances. I'm sure there is something that was signed when they were married, preventing her from divulging any damaging information.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Zinke, Mnuchin and Pruitt all under fire re: use of taxpayer money for private jets/unnecessary trips/wtv as well, though at a different scale (Price was between 400k - 1mil depending on which trips were counted, the others are all under 100k according to what I read). Depending on how hard they're pushed about this, more resignations could be coming regarding this current scandal.

If I had to bet on any of the three resigning, Mnuchin would top my list given the drama his wife caused on Instagram replying to a comment that criticised them spending taxpayer money for vacations or summat.