Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

I wouldn't count on Huff Post to deliver a trustworthy story, if the left is going to beat Trump then they will have to offer an actual alternative rather than just calling Trump racist over and over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

I wouldn't count on Huff Post to deliver a trustworthy story, if the left is going to beat Trump then they will have to offer an actual alternative rather than just calling Trump racist over and over.

Yeah, unfortunately, the Huffington Post has slowly shifted from a trustworthy news source to utter garbage with a liberal bias nowadays, which is quite sad tbh...

On 10/15/2017 at 14:51, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, unfortunately, the Huffington Post has slowly shifted from a trustworthy news source to utter garbage with a liberal bias nowadays, which is quite sad tbh...

It was a middle of the road trustworthy news source when?

• Like 1

Three people charged with crimes so far. Manafort and Rick Gates are charged with crimes not necessarily with the Russia investigation, while George Papadopoulos was charged earlier this month for lying to the FBI. This is getting interesting...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Three people charged with crimes so far. Manafort and Rick Gates are charged with crimes not necessarily with the Russia investigation, while George Papadopoulos was charged earlier this month for lying to the FBI. This is getting interesting...

Manafort and Gates have pled not guilty as expected, the really interesting part if the guilty plea and co-operation w/ the FBI from Papadopoulos, tbh

Wait, so how does Trump know Manafort?

It wouldn't be through their joint love of laundering Russian money....of course not...so how did they get together?

Richard Nixon knew nothing and wasn't implicated with the plotters, for a while...

Just sayin'

Getting interesting either way

35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Wait, so how does Trump know Manafort?

It wouldn't be through their joint love of laundering Russian money....of course not...so how did they get together?

Campaign manager until some point last year, IIRC?

Just now, RishCast said:

Campaign manager until some point last year, IIRC?

Yes, I get that. You don't just appoint a guy off the street to run your campaign for President.

So I ask again. how does Trump know Manafort to trust him with this job?

I mean, it wouldn't be at a "How To Be A Putin Puppet" training course...of course not...so how?

Just a quick thought. If the Deathlist needs a new mascot - why not Trump? 

He's a name too huge to miss.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Just a quick thought. If the Deathlist needs a new mascot - why not Trump? 

He's a name too huge to miss.

Seems a bit premature... not?

I don't think he will ever reach 90 but can easily see him outlive his first term.

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes, I get that. You don't just appoint a guy off the street to run your campaign for President.

So I ask again. how does Trump know Manafort to trust him with this job?

I mean, it wouldn't be at a "How To Be A Putin Puppet" training course...of course not...so how?

This is conjecture, mind:

Manafort joined the campaign to lead 'delegate-coralling' efforts, and Trump promoted him to campaign manager after Lewandowski was ousted. That said, he's been around a couple of previous Republican presidential campaigns, including Ford and HW. Might just be a case of Trump and/or his campaign picking a random political insider.

That said, given him Ukraine ties, it might also be that Trump was introduced to him through business contacts, and decided that he's be a great addition to the campaign or some such. But I don't think there's any clarity to how they initially met out there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-what-we-know-he-did-and-why-he-might-have-been-ensnared-by-the-investigation/

In March 2016, as Donald Trump was trying to ensure his victory in the Republican nomination fight, he hired Manafort to help corral delegates for the upcoming convention. At the time, you may remember, there was a lot of talk about whether or not Republican delegates pledged to Trump would hold steady as the convention unfolded. Manafort had helped Ford with that task in 1976, fending off a challenge from Reagan. The recommendation to hire Manafort came from Trump’s longtime ally Roger Stone, who’d formed a lobbying firm with Manafort after the 1980 election.

Manafort accepted a position with the Trump campaign for no salary. Manafort’s questionable business associations were well known, but, at the time, Trump was still having trouble attracting top-tier Republican staffers who were skeptical that Trump was a viable candidate.

Once on the campaign, he butted heads with campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. In late June, Trump’s children helped convince him to oust Lewandowski and elevate Manafort, who became campaign chairman. He held that senior position with the campaign until August. On the day he resigned, former House speaker Newt Gingrich told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that “nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help get this campaign to where it is right now.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Good victories for the Democrats

Trump's continued presence in the White House seems to be driving voters their way: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41910189

To be fair, those states almost always go against the trend in electing governors since, 1987 I believe? 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

To be fair, those states almost always go against the trend in electing governors since, 1987 I believe? 

Indeed but it's an insightful bit of mid-term political action and one thing significant is that the Republican candidates in this round of campaigning have been working hard to present their own arguments (i.e. to distance themselves from the current president). 

What do we reckon: 

1 - The likelihood that Trump will still be around in a position to seek re-election. 

2 - The chances that he'll put himself forward if he is still president. 

3 - The chances the Republicans will adopt him again. 

I'd say 1 - Probable (will avoid impeachment and will hang on), 2 - Definitely, 3 - Definitely not (they'll make sure the party machine adopts another candidate and it won't be Mike Pence)