Sean

Shaun`s Death By Numbers 2016I

msc had Douglas Wilmer here. Just seen Daily Express doesn't count. Hm.

He was one of the most well regarded character actors of his generation. He'll get the Telegraph and Guardian obits before too long.

Well, the Daily Mail will have to do: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3519653/Sherlock-Holmes-actor-Douglas-Wilmer-dies-aged-96.html

Edit: Or indeed the BBC who are late to the party: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35948427

Devon Death Trip:1061

Captain Chorizo:650

Death Impends:628

Sir Creep:615
Jiroemon Kimura: 431

Grim Up North:402

The Dead Cow:378

Radguy :352

Morbidkid:329

Book:323

The Unkown Man:323

Not the Nags Head Reading :303

Rotten Ali:289
Shaun of the Dead :286

NotSirPeterMaxwellDavies:274

gcreptile :266

Handrejka:235

msc:225

MaryPortfuncity:177

Chopped Liver:173

youwaticewiththat:171

Bibliogryphon:62

Belieberjuice:38
YoungWillz:19

Scoreboard updated for Cryuff, Corbett Wilmer Travis and Ellis.Also amended to take points from Death Impends for Sandy MacDonald which he correctly pointed out was a mistake (apologies from me).I hope everything is correct now.Any issues let me know.The counting is getting harder as the hits pile in so please forgive any mistakes.Please also at the top of your entries count up your points and amend as you go along as well as crossing off hits.That way I run less risk of making mistakes.

Moved up from 16th to 8th. Yay me!

Twelve hits. No one even CLOSE (anywhere on any game or list anywhere on this website).

Two hits since last update. And as per earlier updates I fall farther behind. No idea wth is going on here but I'll check in December to see how far my 20-hit team has free-fallen in however you're keeping score. Till then I've lost interest.

SC

Twelve hits. No one even CLOSE (anywhere on any game or list anywhere on this website).

Two hits since last update. And as per earlier updates I fall farther behind. No idea wth is going on here but I'll check in December to see how far my 20-hit team has free-fallen in however you're keeping score. Till then I've lost interest.

SC

DevonDeathTrip has 17 hits.

A quick count suggests DDT actually has 19/50 so far. He's no bad at these games, you know.

Sir Creep - you will be able to catch up once all DDT's are dead!

• Like 1

Re the scoreboard, it reads: MaryPortfuncity

No need for the upper case P, the town only has one cap (and it's a cloth one, arf!)

I note that a couple of people have Gary Player - I'm guessing this is based on age alone?

Anyhow he got a hole in one yesterday in the Par 3 competition at Augusta so he could die but he's still pretty active.

Guest Guest

DevonDeathTrip needs points for Ronald Mulkearns and Julien Hoferlin :dead::dead:

If all 50 die is he able to pick another 50?

no

• Like 1

This is the contest where I really have to abandon my "use every name in just one competition" rule. It's probably impossible to go for the win here with "second" choices. I should have done it like DDT and put some of my 41 hits across all teams also in this one here.

• Like 2

Aye, must admit there would've been more elbow grease in my effort had I known the Grim Reaper himself were participating!

• Like 2

Devon Death Trip:1136

Sir Creep:702

Captain Chorizo:695

Death Impends:673

Jiroemon Kimura: 476

Grim Up North:447

The Dead Cow:423

Radguy :397

Morbidkid:374

Book:368

The Unknown Man:368

Not the Nags Head Reading :348

Rotten Ali:334
Shaun of the Dead :331

gcreptile :308

Handrejka:280

NotSirPeterMaxwellDavies:274

msc:225

Chopped Liver:218

MaryPortfuncity:177

youwaticewiththat:171

Bibliogryphon:62

Belieberjuice:38
YoungWillz:19

Updated for Mulkearns, Blackjack and Marks.Can`t find a qualifying obit for Hoferlin

I get points for Dwayne "Pearl" Washington:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/20/dwayne-pearl-washington-syracuse-dies-52-cancer

The obit came easily. But I was too unsure to choose him for the DDP. Another mistake. The Guardian has developed a preference for US basketball, see also: Andrew Smith.

That was a hell of a pick GCR cuz his impending doom wasn't mentioned until after we launched Jan 1. You clairvoyant sonovabitch

SC

That was a hell of a pick GCR cuz his impending doom wasn't mentioned until after we launched Jan 1. You clairvoyant sonovabitch

SC

I knew he had a brain tumour in 2015, Death Impends probably knew, too. But I'm not sure how severe it was back then. Nevertheless, I thought he was a lock and almost picked him for the DDP, but decided against it because the obit was too risky.

SC

I knew he had a brain tumour in 2015, Death Impends probably knew, too. But I'm not sure how severe it was back then. Nevertheless, I thought he was a lock and almost picked him for the DDP, but decided against it because the obit was too risky.
Brain tumours alone ain't shit, I can list a dozen easy who are running around with them just fine tyvm; still waiting for Brian Weidemeier and Bryan Murray to croak and neither seems hell bent on anything but living. Maybe I'll give more credence to brain tumours once a person hits 80, but for now I'm lumping them in with people in a coma; can't trust them to do the right thing. How's Valerie Harper these days?

SC

I actually wasn't aware of Pearl Washington's case until circa the new year, when gcreptile posted his team here. But looking into his circumstances, I tend to think one is a goner if they're dealing with a brain cancer recurrence, which he was. Brain cancer's fatality depends on circumstances, as there are the stage 4 glioblastoma multiformes who tend to be locks and then there's the benign tumours which most memorably caused the "Lee Evans gambit" from a few DDPs back to take place.

• Like 1

Damn, I was only aware about Washington's condition during the DSCDP trade round this month when I searched for "gravely ill" on Google.