Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

I couldn't find a 'Dead animals' or 'Deceased chimpanzees' thread, so I'll post here.

The last surviving P.G.Tips chimp, 'Choppers', (who played Ada in the 1970s adverts) has died, aged 48 years.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Final-surviving-PG-Tips-chimp-Choppers-sadly/story-29153193-detail/story.html

One more for the (ashes) pot.

There used to a thread titled Animal Antics. It might still be around or possibly merged with another.

Animal Antics is in the extra curricular section. I'll give a pass this time, even though it's posted in at least a couple times a week and rarely leaves the first page of threads. But just this time.

SC

Gee whiz ST, you lucked out. Mr. Creepy is going to give you a pass. Do you want to tell him where he can stick his pass or shall we leave it everyone's imagination?

Let's just say he now has a very clean bottom.

Me tongue's a bit brown & sore though....

• Like 1

Just listened to the latest More or Less on Radio 4 (a staple programme in my house) and the first topic is;

A number of people have asked the team if more famous people have died this year compared to other years. It's a hard one to measure - but we have had a go at some back of the envelope calculations with data from Who's Who and BBC obituaries. Is the intuitive feeling that more people have died this year misplaced?

A good listen and pleasingly the obit writer for the Beeb agreed with my witterings down the Nags over the past few weeks that 2016 is the start of a long-term trend - the first slate of modern pop culture celebs who were 18-35 in the 60's-70's are just more likely to start dying around now en masse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076prgl

I couldn't find a 'Dead animals' or 'Deceased chimpanzees' thread, so I'll post here.

The last surviving P.G.Tips chimp, 'Choppers', (who played Ada in the 1970s adverts) has died, aged 48 years.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Final-surviving-PG-Tips-chimp-Choppers-sadly/story-29153193-detail/story.html

There used to a thread titled Animal Antics. It might still be around or possibly merged with another.

Animal Antics is in the extra curricular section. I'll give a pass this time, even though it's posted in at least a couple times a week and rarely leaves the first page of threads. But just this time.

SC

Gee whiz ST, you lucked out. Mr. Creepy is going to give you a pass. Do you want to tell him where he can stick his pass or shall we leave it everyone's imagination?

ST, you really are something else. Your posts always crack me up.

• Like 1

Just listened to the latest More or Less on Radio 4 (a staple programme in my house) and the first topic is;

A number of people have asked the team if more famous people have died this year compared to other years. It's a hard one to measure - but we have had a go at some back of the envelope calculations with data from Who's Who and BBC obituaries. Is the intuitive feeling that more people have died this year misplaced?

A good listen and pleasingly the obit writer for the Beeb agreed with my witterings down the Nags over the past few weeks that 2016 is the start of a long-term trend - the first slate of modern pop culture celebs who were 18-35 in the 60's-70's are just more likely to start dying around now en masse.

It is hard to measure because of the perpetual argument over who is a celebrity. I think a good metric would be death pools like the DDP, Alt Obituaries etc. Are their numbers up this year?

Well I,m hoping we say goodbye to that talentless tax dodging bastard Ken Dodd.and that twat Bruce Forsyth. Without don't these two ancient arseholes are long overdue with there appointment to see the grim reaper.dodd a talentless crap bag who exploited the Diddy men who were in fact children.never paid them.then had the brass hands to say that he hadn't,t paid his income tax because he thought there was going to be a war. Personally I would have hung the cunt there and then.

Then there's Forsyth what the fuck were they doing making him a sir?.he has never been funny he sure as fuck can't dance and he insists on wearing that stupid fuckin wig.the sooner these two are in the ground or burnt the better.

• Like 1

Guest Too lazy to register

You are very correct. Google the article: Middle-Aged white Americans are dying of despair -The Atlantic. According to those who study population trends, There are over a half a million people who have died who statistically should NOT be dead in this age group in the USA. Most due to drug abuse, alcohol and obesity (metabolic syndrom). Pop culture celebs are sitting ducks.

Guest Still too lazy to register

You are very correct. Google the article: Middle-Aged white Americans are dying of despair -The Atlantic. According to those who study population trends, There are over a half a million people who have died who statistically should NOT be dead in this age group in the USA. Most due to drug abuse, alcohol and obesity (metabolic syndrom). Pop culture celebs are sitting ducks.
Canada also seems to be experiencing the same issue, Google: Baby boom bubble is already deflating. Adjust accordingly.

Well I,m hoping we say goodbye to that talentless tax dodging bastard Ken Dodd.and that twat Bruce Forsyth. Without don't these two ancient arseholes are long overdue with there appointment to see the grim reaper.dodd a talentless crap bag who exploited the Diddy men who were in fact children.never paid them.then had the brass hands to say that he hadn't,t paid his income tax because he thought there was going to be a war. Personally I would have hung the cunt there and then.

Then there's Forsyth what the fuck were they doing making him a sir?.he has never been funny he sure as fuck can't dance and he insists on wearing that stupid fuckin wig.the sooner these two are in the ground or burnt the better.

Slightly harsh, if I may say so. Rag week?

• Like 2

Guest Guest

I've just watched the last tv show she did before she died, Fungus the Bogeyman. She must h ave filmed it last year but looked ok. Her co-star Timothy Spall, on the other hand, looks like he's at deaths door, despite only being 59. I'd have put money on him going first !

SC

ST, you really are something else. Your posts always crack me up.

Thanks D.S. When I'm on a roll, I do rattle 'em off in a 'Tim Vine-esque breakneck speed' stylee ;)

I bet it's great fun in your house. Are you a student in reluctant shared-accomodation perchance ?

Back on 15th April Guy Woolfenden died. He was Director of Music for the Royal Shakespeare Company for many years.

Alas poor Guy, then

• Like 1

Back on 15th April Guy Woolfenden died. He was Director of Music for the Royal Shakespeare Company for many years.

Alas poor Guy, then

We've not come to bury Guy, but to praise him!

Alas poor Guy, then

We've not come to bury Guy, but to praise him!

Flip Wilson told a long involved story about a woman in ancient Rome who had the most perfect berry ever created. People came from miles around to see it and praise it. Then some bandits decided to steal it. When they got to her house, her maid asked them if they were there to praise her mistress's berry. They said "No, we come to seize her berry, not to praise it".

I'll get me coat........

Just realized there haven't been any deadpooling relevant deaths since Howard Marks 2 weeks ago.

Big one on the way? (Nope)

The beautiful actress Madeleine Sherwood is dead at 93.She was the last surviving main cast member from Cat in a Hot Tin Roof http://www.tvguide.com/news/madeleine-sherwood-dead-at-93/

The cat was ON a hot tin roof.

Luckily Topol the fireman got her down after carefully grabbing the singe-d pussy. 'Nimmi-nimmi-nimmi-nim'.

• Like 1

Funny we don't have a thread for civil rights activists. No matter...

Rev. Samuel Billy Kyles, a noted civil rights leader who was with Dr. Martin Luther King on the balcony when King was killed 48 years ago, died Tuesday, friends and family confirmed. He was 81.

SC

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/rev-samuel-billy-kyles-dies-at-81-316a5171-f5e7-1659-e053-0100007f3679--377203561.html?d=mobile

Maurice Kenny, a poet who explored his Mohawk heritage in verse, often through the voices of historical figures in the forests and settlements of colonial New York State, died on April 16 in Saranac Lake, N.Y. He was 86.

Qi Benyu, a Chinese Communist Party propagandist who climbed to power in the turmoil of the Cultural Revolution; served as an aide to Mao Zedong and his powerful wife, Jiang Qing; and spent the rest of his life defending their legacy, died on Wednesday in Shanghai. He was 84.