Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

I'm guessing 80% of DDP teams are back to the drawing board.

SC

Pffft. Not mine. I only pick people that I've heard of.

• Like 3

Howard Bingham dead, 77. Photographer who took lots of photos of Muhammad Ali.

Elvis-and-Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Felix Browder, a mathematics prodigy who graduated from MIT at 18 and received his PhD at 20, but who struggled to gain a foothold in the academic world of the 1950s because his father, Earl Browder, was a longtime leader of the U.S. Communist Party, died Dec. 10 at his home in Princeton, N.J. He was 89. The cause was a stroke, said a son, Bill Browder.

Dr. Browder was renowned in the field of nonlinear functional analysis — a branch of mathematics with wide applications to such fields as physics, engineering and finance. He later chaired the mathematics department at the University of Chicago and in 2000 was awarded the National Medal of Science by President Bill Clinton.

SC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/felix-browder-mathematician-shadowed-by-his-fathers-life-as-a-communist-dies-at-89/2016/12/15/4bc626da-c215-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html?utm_term=.2f094baa66c5

Oft-mentioned shortlister Craig Sager won't be making the starting line

Didn't he attend the Hall of Fame thing? That was quick then.

Calling Morbidkid

So that's one of your Deathrace subs - fielded because a member of your team died - now also carked.

You might want to supply a third sub since you're down to 20 Deathracers from the 22 you already lined up

Howard Bingham dead, 77. Photographer who took lots of photos of Muhammad Ali.

Elvis-and-Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Also - probably - the most credible contender amongst several claiments to be his best friend

There were times, in his career, when he came across as somebody who saw himself as bigger and/or more important than the conflict he was reporting on.

• Like 1

There were times, in his career, when he came across as somebody who saw himself as bigger and/or more important than the conflict he was reporting on.

Hmm, debateable

Sir Trevor rates him as the best broadcaster he ever worked with.

I remember him being the newscaster on The News at 545. Remember that?

• Like 2

Hmm, debateable

Sir Trevor rates him as the best broadcaster he ever worked with.

........'assuming Sirtrev is one of the great broadcasters' himself....

.......debateable.

Oh no not the former Mayor of Shreveport. Forget Bowie....

I guess my blocking doesn't work when someone comments on the blocked post--making it visible. Admins need to look into that. When I block something I don't want to see a single reference to it ever. Posts like this is why I blocked this fool--but moreso his remblings of the obvious and things that go without mentioning--that he has a Tourette's-like need to mention.

So knowing the blocking function isn't what it purports to be makes me sadder than all the denizens of Shreveport combined.

SC

I guess my blocking doesn't work when someone comments on the blocked post--making it visible. Admins need to look into that. When I block something I don't want to see a single reference to it ever. Posts like this is why I blocked this fool--but moreso his remblings of the obvious and things that go without mentioning--that he has a Tourette's-like need to mention.

So knowing the blocking function isn't what it purports to be makes me sadder than all the denizens of Shreveport combined.

SC

Wow. It sounds like you're doing more blocking than the LA Rams' offensive line.

• Like 2

The reaper is going wild! Joseph Barbera is dead too, at 95!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/dec/19/usa.media

• Like 1

SC

"Admins need to look into that" happy-smiley33.gif

That said, I think you'll find it's the same on most forums. In my experience it's common to see blocked users' posts being visible when quoted. It is a nuisance.

• Like 1

It's a forum ffs.

Why can't we all just get along?

• Like 6

51 teams barely had time to get out their pen...

• Like 1

SC

200.gif#1

It's a forum ffs.

Why can't we all just get along?

I now have visions of Wee Jimmy Krankie Nicola Sturgeon embracing Theresa May and telling her, ' Its all been a terrible mistake, we want to remain part of the Union....' :D

• Like 1

SC

"Admins need to look into that" happy-smiley33.gif

That said, I think you'll find it's the same on most forums. In my experience it's common to see blocked users' posts being visible when quoted. It is a nuisance.

TBF, 90% of the forum users don't want to read SCs shite but end up having to when it ends up in quotations.

Might save everybody a heartache if he just fucked off never to come back.

• Like 1

Tried search but hee haw.

Lawrence Colburn at 67, main whistleblower in the Imperialist Mai Lai massacre during 'Nam.

Since youz don't remember it as you weren't there, obit here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawrence-colburn-dies-helped-end-vietnams-lai-massacre-44226366

• Like 1

Lawrence Colburn at 67, main whistleblower in the Imperialist Mai Lai massacre during 'Nam.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawrence-colburn-dies-helped-end-vietnams-lai-massacre-44226366

Less useful massacre during less useful war ever. Stupid imperialism.

Less useful massacre during less useful war ever. Stupid imperialism.

Any instances of a useful massacre you can enlighten us with?