Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

Pogues manager Frank Murray dead of a heart attack.

Form studying opportunity assuming the press and Shane both turn up to his send off.

Vesna Vulovic, 67.

There are obits but they're in Serbian. But here's Fox.

Basically she was a normal 23 year old flight attendant in 1972, when her plane got Lockerbie'd. Pieces of it, and everyone on board, fell 33, 000 feet to the ground. Somehow, and no one knows how, Vulovic survived this with a fractured skull, broken legs and temporary paralysis.

Apparently in later life she enjoying watching films with plane crashes, and actively campaigned against Slobodan Milosevic, because when you've already cheated death, why not?

• Like 3

Vesna Vulovic, 67.

Basically she was a normal 23 year old flight attendant in 1972, when her plane got Lockerbie'd. Pieces of it, and everyone on board, fell 33, 000 feet to the ground. Somehow, and no one knows how, Vulovic survived this with a fractured skull, broken legs and temporary paralysis.

Apparently in later life she enjoying watching films with plane crashes, and actively campaigned against Slobodan Milosevic, because when you've already cheated death, why not?

I remember reading about her after seeing her in an edition of the Guinness Book of Records I was given one Christmas.

I think she still holds the World Record for the longest free fall without a parachute or summat.

• Like 1

Vesna Vulovic, 67.

The cause of death is apparently unknown. Would be ironic if she died of a fall.

• Like 1

Ditto LFN, that's where I first heard of her, probably 76/77 edition lol.

• Like 1

Ditto LFN, that's where I first heard of her, probably 76/77 edition lol.

Yeah, deffo around that time.

The dirtiest man in Europe, Ludvik Dolezal, dead at 60.

Sounds like cremation would be appropriate.

The dirtiest man in Europe, Ludvik Dolezal, dead at 60.

If he burned everything he could get his hands on, how come he's wearing clothes?

• Like 1

Vesna Vulovic, 67.

I was rereading her story just a couple of weeks ago. Sole survivors of plane crashes make for chilling but fascinating reads, her case being my personal fav both for the fact she was able to survive that drastic a fall and that once she recovered she resumed her career as if nothing happened.

• Like 1

Vesna Vulovic, 67.

I was rereading her story just a couple of weeks ago. Sole survivors of plane crashes make for chilling but fascinating reads, her case being my personal fav both for the fact she was able to survive that drastic a fall and that once she recovered she resumed her career as if nothing happened.

Her name came up in a conversation at work just a week ago. We were talking about the Guinness Book of World Records and that it was one of those strange records I remember as a kid.

George Michael has died!

Damn it, the Last Christmas gag was right there and I fecked it up.

Holy shot the sun went down on him.

Oh Lord, suicide at Christmas? (His Last Christmas)

BBC says he passed away peacefully, that's what his people say, but, come on, he wanted to die the year Bowie and Prince died. "No further comments", sure...

2016. The year the music died.

• Like 2

According to twitter, Alphonse Mouzon, who I was doing the "certain to die within weeks, will he get an obit?" guesses, takes the dilemma out of my hands.

According to twitter, Alphonse Mouzon, who I was doing the "certain to die within weeks, will he get an obit?" guesses, takes the dilemma out of my hands.

Boo! Of course, he'll obit. Journalists love this kind of music.

Edit: Reason for booing: He was on my prospective main team.

I ruled him out as too risky a few weeks back, mostly given the precedent of other prolific longlist jazz musicians (Bob Cranshaw, Victor Bailey) who were mostly notable for who they performed with (though Bailey and Mouzon had "frontman" careers as well) not getting the Guardian nod I thought they might. Sod's law, of course, guaranteeing one for Mouzon now that I said that.