Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Breaking news that Daniel Inouye has died. Though he was old and in hospital it's still a shame to hear IMO, I had much respect for his service during WWII.

• Like 1

Breaking news that Daniel Inouye has died. Though he was old and in hospital it's still a shame to hear IMO, I had much respect for his service during WWII.

Confirmed and a British obituary turns up straight away. Another name to be scratched off the 2013 entry forms.

Which I have to update on the main database, then update on the 2012 database, then update on the images folder (to make red), then update on all the previous years pages to say he died in 2012, then update on my excel spreadsheet for DDP 2013 and if necessary replace with subs and contact the team if he was a joker. Then... you the rest...

The things I do for death...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

IWith Daniel Inouye and George McGoverns deaths and the obvious frailty of Bob Dole we're clearly in the middle of a run of ageing senators deaths.Dole will probably be next.He might even be the first hit of 2013 if he's on the list..

The passing of a legend. Dole will be another. Regardless of party, I don't think anyone can dispute the committment to country and exceptional leadership that will be lacking with these old guard veterans are gone. Now its more about who can be the most extreme so as to raise the most money from the base while hanging on to office. God bless.

• Like 1

Confirmed and a British obituary turns up straight away. Another name to be scratched off the 2013 entry forms.

Which I have to update on the main database, then update on the 2012 database, then update on the images folder (to make red), then update on all the previous years pages to say he died in 2012, then update on my excel spreadsheet for DDP 2013 and if necessary replace with subs and contact the team if he was a joker. Then... you the rest...

Yeah, but it's all worth it when you see the smile on The Living End's face at the end of the year.

Yeah, but it's all worth it when you see the smile on The Living End's face at the end of the year.

Yes it is like that Gary Lineker quote about football, 180 stiffs and The Living End win at the end!

Which is remarkable, really when you think about it. 180 scoring deaths an TLE is still at the top. Fantastic performance. The Ray Reardon of dead pooling...

Jalal Talabani @ 79 had a stroke, 'some' reports are that it is now fatal.

Guest droosy

last year: Kim-Chong-Ill, Vaclav Havel

this year: Inouye, Talabani

December 18th is a bad day for politicians

He is in a coma b ut is in a stable condition. http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20766435 Mind you Daniel Inouye was in a stable condition on sunday...

He is dead...

No he isn't

Mind you, that's from a Russian News source and they're claiming he's just tired.

He is in a coma b ut is in a stable condition. http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20766435 Mind you Daniel Inouye was in a stable condition on sunday...

He is dead...

No he isn't

Mind you, that's from a Russian News source and they're claiming he's just tired.

Hmm, BBC news reported that he is in a coma and he is alive.

Bloody Wikipedia and their lies!

Failed supreme court nominee and former attorney general Judge Robert Bork is dead at 85 http://www.washingto...ry.html?hpid=z3

The Swedish Chef must be devastated.

I myself am and I'm not even Swedish although I do like a good smorgasbord and a dish of Swedish meatballs.

Guest Guest

wont let me reply in the Bush t hread so have to do it here.Former Pres Bush senior's condition is said to have deteriorated tonight and he has developed what is described as a 'fever'. Could be a Niemeyer scenario going on..

BBC news ticker reporting that Hilary Clinton has been admitted to hospital with a "blood clot following concussion"

Everyone who's already submitted DDP teams hoping it's not too serious...

Hillary Clinton in hospital with a blood clot following a concussion.

The immediate connection of those two isn't usually a good thing.

EDIT - I'm always too slow a typer, me.