Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Not expecting immediate suicides or owt, but...

20 minutes trawling a few of the most dependable scuzzy blogs has made me no clearer on these senior figures who's shagging has driven DC demented this weekend.

You confused me for a second there I seriously thought you meant "Washington DC", I presumed you were talking about another similar scandal that has just popped up (no pun intended) but I just hadn't seen yet because I largely stopped going on all the American news sites after the election was over. It's best not to refer to Cameron by his initials because the guy's so bland and undistinguished, his name recognition is about the same as your average World Cribbage Champion.

As for who's actually involved in this affair I personally couldn't give a flying toss if Tessa Tessason and Paul "Snarling, Meritless Cunt of the Year" Grover-Newton are banging in between meetings about Cameron's scintillating policies so I can't help you. You could always try trawling the comments section(s) of The Guardian or Paul Staines' blog for ideas, those guys are NEVER wrong......

• Like 1

20 minutes trawling a few of the most dependable scuzzy blogs has made me no clearer on these senior figures who's shagging has driven DC demented this weekend. Best information seems to be; deffo one male/one female (so not two male tories who have just voted against gay marriage), no cabinet member involved and a few bloggers think it funny to post pictures of Bojo (habitual shagger and not in the cabinet but why would his latest extra-marital wick-dip be so destablizing to the government?).

Anyone want to get cyptic and give us a better clue?

Can't help you there, sorry.

Anyway, here's a completely unrelated news story from 2011:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015573/Rebekah-Brooks-vetoed-BBC-man-told-Cameron-No10-job-Andy-Coulson.html

Points above taken, though I went to Paul - Guido Fawkes - Staines and the fact he didn't know suggested it might be a real shocker. My best guess is senior (i.e. highly influential but not in cabinet types) with the added twist that this is across parties and - therefore - suggests all kinds of leaks and pollution of policies resulting from pillow talk. Either that or the mere thought of middle-aged people having sex is deemed too disgusting to be associated with Conservative policies.

Coulson is bumming Ed Miliband. That's why he was so bitchy about him in GQ magazine...

...allegedly!

20 minutes trawling a few of the most dependable scuzzy blogs has made me no clearer on these senior figures who's shagging has driven DC demented this weekend.

You confused me for a second there I seriously thought you meant "Washington DC"......

It's best not to refer to Cameron by his initials because the guy's so bland and undistinguished, his name recognition is about the same as your average World Cribbage Champion.

[rant]

For a moment I thought it was one of those hideous American abbreviations as used on mumsnet and the like - DH for darling husband and DC for darling children etc.

That sort of tweeness does my head in. Apart from anything else, it gets really ambiguous, like is DF father or friend? Then because they can't say DD because it's usually daughter, they type DDog. I mean, just say dog, for fucksake. Pass the sickbucket please.

[/rant[

I'm from NJ and my parents vote Democrat for the most part, but Lautenberg was an exception. Not only did he generally give vibes of unpleasantness but his return to office happened when scandal relating to the incumbent senator running popped up, the incumbent withdrew and was hastily replaced with Lautenberg which my parents rightfully thought of as sleazy.

The fomer leader of Taiwan, Chen Shui Bian has been hospitalized (yes, that's the correct English spelling according to the OED) whilst on hunger strike. It's just a cry for help.

Chen Shui Bian, serving twenty years for corruption, has had a suicide attempt thwarted by prison guards.

I'm from NJ and my parents vote Democrat for the most part, but Lautenberg was an exception. Not only did he generally give vibes of unpleasantness but his return to office happened when scandal relating to the incumbent senator running popped up, the incumbent withdrew and was hastily replaced with Lautenberg which my parents rightfully thought of as sleazy.

As a rabid liberal and political junkie, I've always liked Lautenberg. His return to office was less to do with corruption and more to do with Lautenberg hated retirement and was forced out in the first place. For a New Jersey politician, he was relatively clean especially when compared to the likes of Jon Corzine and Bob Menendez.

I am, however, looking forward to seeing Cory Booker replace him in the Senate. Booker can be a bit too Wall Street friendly, but is otherwise a stellar example of what a politician should be.

Ugggh, do agree that he was nowhere near Corzine levels. Lautenberg had some good moments like the smoking legislation but Corzine's a pure dirtbag.

And yeah I'm also fond of Booker, particularly his hands on approach.

Ugggh, do agree that he was nowhere near Corzine levels. Lautenberg had some good moments like the smoking legislation but Corzine's a pure dirtbag.

And yeah I'm also fond of Booker, particularly his hands on approach.

I've always used this article to show people how badly Corzine screwed New Jersey. Worth a read.

Former Beijing mayor, Tiananmen crackdown figure, and a unique on Bert's team Chen Xitong has died, two days before June 4.

Alberto Fujimori has been denied a humanitarian release from prison by the Peruvian president. Apparently he doesn't have tongue cancer, isn't terminally ill and is the "best-kept" prisoner in Peru.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/post/dccc-staffer-jesse-ferguson-diagnosed-with-cancer/2013/06/04/df96cc4a-cc94-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_blog.html

Jesse Ferguson, the communications director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, has been diagnosed with cancer of the salivary gland at the age of 32. He's taking time off to fight it, and maintaining a blog in the meantime.

Might get a small obit in the Washington Post or New York Times, but nothing overseas.

A bit of late-breaking news, but former Governor of Massachusetts and Ambassador to Canada Paul Cellucci has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease :skull:.

Can now add "former person" to his resume.

With this

Daily Mail Obit

Has to be considered one of the biggest missed DDP points oppurtunities of 2013.

Guest Guest

Major breaki ng news tonight re Syria as the US finally declares that Assad has crossed its 'red line' by using checical weapons multiple times and will therefore start supplying weapons to the rebels and may launch air strikes http://edition.cnn.c...emical-weapons/

Me and Triple O both took a punt on former mayor of Swindon Rex Barnett this year, who was diagnosed with epithelioid mesothelioma last April. Apparently his tumour has "reduced slightly in size" after around four months of intensive chemo which, in my book, means that he's utterly fucked. He seems positive though. We'll probably never have use again to link to the Swindon Advertiser on this site, but there you go.

Tell a lie, we're going to use the Swindon Advertiser again to tell you that he's dead. I'm doubting the chance of a national obit, but we'll see.

Lord (Peter) Fraser

Scottish Lord Advocate responsible for the investigation into the Lockerbie bombing.

A family friend and most certainly irreplaceable. Very sorry to hear this. RIP.

Me and Triple O both took a punt on former mayor of Swindon Rex Barnett this year, who was diagnosed with epithelioid mesothelioma last April. Apparently his tumour has "reduced slightly in size" after around four months of intensive chemo which, in my book, means that he's utterly fucked. He seems positive though. We'll probably never have use again to link to the Swindon Advertiser on this site, but there you go.

Tell a lie, we're going to use the Swindon Advertiser again to tell you that he's dead. I'm doubting the chance of a national obit, but we'll see.

:evil: I thought BBC would mention him since they had written up an article after his initial cancer diagnosis.