Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Blimey, he was still giving speeches in the Commons about a week or two ago. I note no one took his cancer that seriously in the DDP either, he's a solo joker for a theme team.

Blimey, he was still giving speeches in the Commons about a week or two ago. I note no one took his cancer that seriously in the DDP either, he's a solo joker for a theme team.

Then that person deserves every point they get. He was not a household name, he was only elected to Parliament last year and I had not heard any mention of his cancer. Is that player a Yorkshire man by any chance?

Guest Droosy

Then that person deserves every point they get. He was not a household name, he was only elected to Parliament last year and I had not heard any mention of his cancer. Is that player a Yorkshire man by any chance?

I guess he wrote to his MP and when the MP didn´t respond he assumed he was dead, collecting very cheap points

It was announced on the BBC in December, but then, the man himself didn't look that ill in parliament since. Though this brings up first rule of Deathlist forum - ignore a pick DDT has brought up at your peril.

• Like 1

Former Indiana Governor Edgar D. Whitcomb is dead.

Family members say he passed away yesterday at the age of 98. Whitcomb served as governor from 1969 to 1973.

SC

http://mymixfm.com/news/articles/2016/feb/05/former-indiana-governor-whitcomb-dies/

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8677&p=252499

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35499240

Sheffield Labour MP Harry Harpham dies aged 61 of cancer.

He must be one of the shortest-serving MPs ever, 9 months!

This guy's record is hard to beat, post-WW2. I'm sure there was a posthumous election during the 1945 one too, due to the 3 week delay between votes and results, but can't find it.

Harpham didn't even last as long as those who were only in the 1910 and 1922 parliaments though, which is saying something!

With all due respect to each and everyone's research, only way anyone ever HEARD of this guy and put him on a DDP team is if they were related to him. I mean come the fuck on. I'm guessing it was a theme team and they ran across this guy's name filling up 20 slots (that's how I got a few of mine)

SC

Guest Droosy

With all due respect to each and everyone's research, only way anyone ever HEARD of this guy and put him on a DDP team is if they were related to him. I mean come the fuck on. I'm guessing it was a theme team and they ran across this guy's name filling up 20 slots (that's how I got a few of mine)

SC

Without the profound knowledge of Nepali Prime Ministers you cannot win the University Challenge...it´s a sort of common knowledge in my quarters

lol @ u if most of your nights out on the tiles don't end with a game of "former Nepali prime ministers: fuck marry kill"

• Like 1

SC

Or... he could be from Nepal.

• Like 2

RIP to him.

So the good Lord (and he was by far one of the better ones, it's a sad loss in that) and I were somewhat out on guessing the month of his death. Shaun of the Dead was spot on, though.

• Like 1

Eric Lubbock, Lord Avebury, dead at 87.

http://ericavebury.blogspot.co.uk/

"He died of acute myeloid leukaemia on Sunday February 14, at his home in London."

Edit: Guardian obit

Although I have the noble lord in a couple of pools, I'm sad to hear of his death, inevitable though it was.

Having dipped into his blog occasionally, he seems to have been a thoroughly engaging personality.

broken-heart.gif

• Like 2

Second hit for my B-Team (surely Mother Angelica can't be far behind?). It was rather quick in the end, wasn't it? I had almost placed him on a middle slot in the Hartlepool Deadlypool because they originally said that he'd die in the middle of 2016.

I'm with Toast on this one. Happy for the DDP points, but as MP's go, he was a pretty good egg.

Ay, I had him only on the Deathrace and that didn't help me because DDT won anyway.

Though he's my 6th DDP hit, count me as another who's quite sad to see him go. From what I saw of his blog output, he seemed like quite a charming fellow. What's not to love about a man who, dealing with a dire illness that would ultimately kill him only a couple weeks after, still can playfully bemoan one of his cats keeping him awake? :rip:

In dead pool terms, though, I must admit I'm glad I decided at the last minute not to make him my joker in the Hare's Pool...

Eric Lubbock, Lord Avebury, dead at 87.

http://ericavebury.blogspot.co.uk/

"He died of acute myeloid leukaemia on Sunday February 14, at his home in London."

Edit: Guardian obit

Although I have the noble lord in a couple of pools, I'm sad to hear of his death, inevitable though it was.

Having dipped into his blog occasionally, he seems to have been a thoroughly engaging personality.

broken-heart.gif

I have to agree Toast.Although he was my DDP Joker I am sad to see him go.Seemed like a great old boy with a great sense of humour and sense of principle which ironically is rare in Politicians.At least he isn`t suffering anymore as judging by his blog he had a fairly painful last few weeks.

Sir Creep mentioned the following in 2016 Possibilities:

"I just found these two gifts from heaven--or hell as it were--for 2016 should you feel they could obit!

"The two surviving senior leaders of Cambodia’s former Khmer Rouge regime launched appeals on Thursday of their convictions by a U.N.-backed tribunal that sentenced them to life in prison for their roles during the group’s brutal rule in the 1970s.
Khieu Samphan, the Khmer Rouge’s 83-year-old former head of state, and Nuon Chea, its 88-year-old chief ideologue, appeared in court on Thursday for the first day of the appeals. The tribunal said a ruling on the appeals by its Supreme Court is not expected until early next year.
The two men, both frail and ailing, are the regime’s only surviving leaders. The case against them was divided into separate smaller trials in an effort to render justice before they die.
SC
http://m.thehindu.co...icle7378560.ece"

Here's an update:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/top-khmer-rouge-leader/2527606.html

• Like 1

Sir Creep mentioned the following in 2016 Possibilities:

"I just found these two gifts from heaven--or hell as it were--for 2016 should you feel they could obit!

"The two surviving senior leaders of Cambodias former Khmer Rouge regime launched appeals on Thursday of their convictions by a U.N.-backed tribunal that sentenced them to life in prison for their roles during the groups brutal rule in the 1970s.

Khieu Samphan, the Khmer Rouges 83-year-old former head of state, and Nuon Chea, its 88-year-old chief ideologue, appeared in court on Thursday for the first day of the appeals. The tribunal said a ruling on the appeals by its Supreme Court is not expected until early next year.

The two men, both frail and ailing, are the regimes only surviving leaders. The case against them was divided into separate smaller trials in an effort to render justice before they die.

SChttp://m.thehindu.co...icle7378560.ece"

Here's an update:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/top-khmer-rouge-leader/2527606.html

Thanks boss! Was going to update with this link to the proceedings, so now I feel like I'm piling on :-(

But this has a photo of Khieu Samphan at 83 looking a little rough for sure. None of my Shadow List DDP boy Nuon Chea, but he's 89 now and gotta be getting ground into the earth by all this judicial/criminal crap lol.

SC

http://www.cambodiatribunal.org/2016/02/16/appeal-hearings-in-case-00201-resume/?format=pdf