Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

Update on DDP and Deathrace pick Alan Aspin, who is surprising his doctors by still being alive:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/prisoner-sent-home-die-after-12430897

The announcement that he had "days to live" was not because of the cancer but because of septicaemia after the tumour burst.

• Like 1

Wish I knew about this before New Years, but Nick Rose, dad from Devon who spent his final months finding a foster family for his son has died aged 40: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4109268/Father-cancer-spent-final-months-finding-foster-family-son.html

Did some research because I wasn't convinced that A!mee W!llett, popular DDP pick in 2015, slightly less popular pick in 2016, picked by just one team in 2017, was still alive. She is, and is going by her married name now. Seems in pretty good condition, all things considered, and is probably off the radars of the national press being as it's nearly three years since she was a "dying bride with just one Christmas left".

Did some research because I wasn't convinced that A!mee W!llett, popular DDP pick in 2015, slightly less popular pick in 2016, picked by just one team in 2017, was still alive. She is, and is going by her married name now. Seems in pretty good condition, all things considered, and is probably off the radars of the national press being as it's nearly three years since she was a "dying bride with just one Christmas left".

Good. I hope they all make miraculous recoveries.

• Like 1

An update on Lisa Magill's Facebook provides us with the following info:

- She is having trouble reading and writing, the words seem blurred.

- She had 600mls of fluid drained, whatever that means, but it reminds me of Sam Simon in his final days.

- She wakes up everyday feeling like it's her last.

The poor lady probably won't be making it out of January. :(

A DDP pick for the future? 29 year old Johanna Watkins has a rare condition where she's allergic to almost everything. I pray for this poor soul: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38507160

Mark Sims looks pretty terrible in this video tweet. Don't think he has long to live: https://twitter.com/drmarksims/status/818091527612362752

Wont see the Rumble, imo.

According to social media, now blind and spending most of the day sleeping. Going off precedent, I still think the Rumble (29th) is a tough ask. Sam Simon lasted till the first week of March from this point.

Comments on Sims' GoFundMe suggest he died a few hours ago.

Ah, well then, msc was right when he said somebody would die right after the Deathrace winner is announced, to annoy us. But he said Hankins, not Sims.

It was heartbreaking to watch the young man suffer. RIP.

Going to need some form of news story for various pools.

Going to be interesting if he doesn't obit. Many people are relying on him to do well, especially those who have him as jokers.

• Like 1

He might need a slow news day to obit, and tomorrow is not going to be a slow news day. Then it's weekend. WIll be interesting indeed.

If one of us writes an obituary in the Guardian's Other Lives section, does it count?

The strange thing is that I can't find any Facebook or Twitter posting an announcement on his death.

• Like 1

Maybe he isn't dead.

The one comment that explicitly stated something about "being at peace" has been edited and doesn't include that anymore.

Taking him off the round up until something more definite appears.

Maybe he isn't dead.

The one comment that explicitly stated something about "being at peace" has been edited and doesn't include that anymore.

Aye, there's nowt available - I was searching cos he'd decide the Deathrace podium if it was real

Seems he did die on Thursday but his parents held off on announcing the death until today. Presumably because they figured it'd get lost in the press if they'd announced it on Thursday?

Seems he did die on Thursday but his parents held off on announcing the death until today. Presumably because they figured it'd get lost in the press if they'd announced it on Thursday?

Kind of guessed this was the truth but didn't feel it the done thing to say anything till his mum (who seems a really nice person) actually broke the news.