charon

Michael J Fox

Thought he'd have a long standing thread but damned if I can find one.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/michael-j-fox-battles-parkinson-disease-health-declines/

Meant to be on the wane in a sad last days way, but deserving of his own I reckon.

• Like 2

I'm surprised that Christopher Lloyd doesn't have his own thread. I did a search, & the only thread that his name popped up in, was this one. :/

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Christopher Lloyd doesn't have his own thread. I did a search, & the only thread that his name popped up in, was this one. :/

Sad, but true I'm afraid to say. The only reason being is that if Christopher Lloyd had his own thread it would result in a major paradox within the space time continuum.

But I doubt anyone will hold objection to this thread being shared with other BTTF actors/actresses demises.. though I doubt the dog who played Einstein/Einey is still with us.

Sad, but true I'm afraid to say. The only reason being is that if Christopher Lloyd had his own thread it would result in a major paradox within the space time continuum.

But I doubt anyone will hold objection to this thread being shared with other BTTF actors/actresses demises.. though I doubt the dog who played Einstein/Einey is still with us.

Well, at least DeLorean is being resurrected: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/delorean-back-to-the-future-car-production-to-resume/7119934

• Like 1

Well, at least DeLorean is being resurrected: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/delorean-back-to-the-future-car-production-to-resume/7119934

Are they really new?

6 hours ago, Grim Deeper said:

https://www.michaeljfox.org/mobile/news-detail.php?on-cbs-sunday-morning-michael-fox-shares-his-20-year-journey-with-parkinson-and-vision

His Parkinsons has gotten way worse, see the motoric Spasms.

But regarding that,  maybe he could pass away this year? Or at least in 2019?

I loved him in Indiana Jones.  Good actor,  was also fond of that sitcom he did called Spin City. 

8 hours ago, Grim Deeper said:

https://www.michaeljfox.org/mobile/news-detail.php?on-cbs-sunday-morning-michael-fox-shares-his-20-year-journey-with-parkinson-and-vision

His Parkinsons has gotten way worse, see the motoric Spasms.

But regarding that,  maybe he could pass away this year? Or at least in 2019?

Some people allege that before he gets filmed for something like that he sometimes "forgets" to take his medication to gain sympathy. I'm not saying that these rumours are true, but if they are, you might overestimate his chances of dying this year.

12 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

Some people allege that before he gets filmed for something like that he sometimes "forgets" to take his medication to gain sympathy. I'm not saying that these rumours are true, but if they are, you might overestimate his chances of dying this year.

tenor.gif

From what I found, the last of the back to the future movies was in 1990 and his troubles with parkinsons started soon after this. That is how long it's gone on for

So, I’m trying to figure out the likelihood of him going in the next ten years. From what I read on its life expectancy, patients often reach the average life expectancy once they are diagnosed. However, Parkinson’s is usually diagnosed around the age of 60 for most people. Fox was diagnosed at 29 in 1991. So he had it for the past 26 years. I know Muhammad Ali lasted 32 years with his disease before he succumbed to it. Does anyone know the average life expectancy for younger patients with Parkinson’s? 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

<snip> Muhammad Ali lasted 32 years with his disease before he succumbed to it. Does anyone know the average life expectancy for younger patients with Parkinson’s? 

Google is your friend.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2095626/

"Two UK studies and four from Western Europe were used to estimate LE and AAD for patients with PD from SMRs. The mean LEs of patients with PD compared with the general population were: 38 (SD 5) years for onset between 25 and 39 years compared with 49 (SD 5) years; 21 (SD 5) years for onset between 40 and 64 years compared with 31 (SD 7) years; and 5 (SD 4) years for onset age ⩾65 years compared with 9 (SD 5) years. The average AAD of patients with PD with onset between 25 and 39 years was 71 (SD 3) years and considerably lower than that of the general population (82 (SD 2) years). The difference between average AAD for older individuals with PD (onset ⩾65 years) and the general population was smaller, with an AAD of approximately 88 (SD 7) years compared with 91 (SD 5) years."

Ali got hit in the head a bit more than Michael J Fox so I'm not sure those two are a valid comparison. CTE may have been a factor for Ali.

2 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

Google is your friend.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2095626/

"Two UK studies and four from Western Europe were used to estimate LE and AAD for patients with PD from SMRs. The mean LEs of patients with PD compared with the general population were: 38 (SD 5) years for onset between 25 and 39 years compared with 49 (SD 5) years; 21 (SD 5) years for onset between 40 and 64 years compared with 31 (SD 7) years; and 5 (SD 4) years for onset age ⩾65 years compared with 9 (SD 5) years. The average AAD of patients with PD with onset between 25 and 39 years was 71 (SD 3) years and considerably lower than that of the general population (82 (SD 2) years). The difference between average AAD for older individuals with PD (onset ⩾65 years) and the general population was smaller, with an AAD of approximately 88 (SD 7) years compared with 91 (SD 5) years."

Ali got hit in the head a bit more than Michael J Fox so I'm not sure those two are a valid comparison. CTE may have been a factor for Ali.

Ah thanks for that. I couldn’t find any stats on actual life expectancy, so that answers my question. So, it’s unlikely then. I think I was wondering about his life cause I saw a few medicine isn’t working as well articles, though it could be easily be a stunt, and even if not, I think it’s only stage 3 of 5...

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So, I’m trying to figure out the likelihood of him going in the next ten years. From what I read on its life expectancy, patients often reach the average life expectancy once they are diagnosed. However, Parkinson’s is usually diagnosed around the age of 60 for most people. Fox was diagnosed at 29 in 1991. So he had it for the past 26 years. I know Muhammad Ali lasted 32 years with his disease before he succumbed to it. Does anyone know the average life expectancy for younger patients with Parkinson’s? 

Mostly Parkinson isn't a deathly disease. The only way to die from Parkinson is a akinetic crisis.

9 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

58 today - Happy Birthday! :birthday:

I hate these birthday wishes - the new posting on this thread got me worried......!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

I hate these birthday wishes - the new posting on this thread got me worried......!!

Fair warning then it's Phil the Greeks turn tomorrow.

• Like 1