Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Are The Dl Forums Too Hostile For New Members And Sane People?

Recommended Posts

I used to visit the forums regularly some years back and posted a fair bit in the beginning. Now I just drop by from time to time without signing in, just to see what's been going on deathwise. The main reason why I stopped posting and paying a regular visit to the site was mainly down to the way people treated each other. Not all people; just a handful, but that handful more or less dominated the forums with their verbal toing and froing, which often descended into outright hostility. It's a case too of certain other members - for want of a better word - ''trolling'' the posts of some. There's a fine line between harmless banter and abuse, IMO, and, yeah, I believe there needs to be more strident moderation. It's one thing if two people get into a disagreement over a particular topic, and a debate in that case is perfectly reasonable, but when someone singles out another poster for mockery and insults for the simple reason that they believe that the posts of the aforementioned are ''boring'' then that, in my opinion, is not acceptable. Just my tuppence worth,...

To be honest, I don't remember you being a 'regular' poster at all.

I get what you say but this place has always been the same.

It was argumentative long before you or I came here and will be so long after we have gone.

There is the odd one vile being here and the odd one or two who seem to have wild mood swings.

Apart from that, the majority of us get on fine, I interact with who I want to and so do others.

Lets not be under any illusions, this isn't some sort of Flower arrangement forum, you will either get into the flow or you will drown.

There are some very good natured people here who, unlike me, don't act the arsewipe and they do perfectly fine because they know how to swim in the pond without being taken out by the pikes.

If you cant manage that then don't post, its not like its the law to.

This is no ordinary forum, that's why its good.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I've learnt from recent experience that it's quality, not quantity, that entertains the regulars here.

 

Therefore ! I will try to post once a week,.. if that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(uncrosses fingers)

Im afraid most of the quality posting was left back in 2007.

Nowt wrong with peppering shite posts liberally amongst the various threads, I do it all the time.

The trick is not to give a fuck.

 

Best advice I've learned from here... hence my swift return LFN. Albeit lesson learned & curbing the OTT this time around though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a different user name when I used to post here regularly. It was back in 2010, I think. I was much younger then and easily hurt; the same can't be said now. Usually most people who troll and tear strips off others online, are great insecure, inadequate cowards in real life and wouldn't dare say boo to a goose. Everyone is a mouth when hiding behind their online alter egos. Just look at what became of that ''Snoopyface'' woman who trolled the McCanns online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a different user name when I used to post here regularly. It was back in 2010, I think. I was much younger then and easily hurt; the same can't be said now. Usually most people who troll and tear strips off others online, are great insecure, inadequate cowards in real life and wouldn't dare say boo to a goose. Everyone is a mouth when hiding behind their online alter egos. Just look at what became of that ''Snoopyface'' woman who trolled the McCanns online.

Welcome back Memento. Planning on sticking around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a different user name when I used to post here regularly. It was back in 2010, I think. I was much younger then and easily hurt; the same can't be said now. Usually most people who troll and tear strips off others online, are great insecure, inadequate cowards in real life and wouldn't dare say boo to a goose. Everyone is a mouth when hiding behind their online alter egos. Just look at what became of that ''Snoopyface'' woman who trolled the McCanns online.

Are you/were you Dia De Los Muertos by any chance??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been away for awhile but missed this forum and yea some of the posters can be a little harsh but you have to remember one thing its words on a screen and conversations over the internet . If people take certain comments to heart that's their problem.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Droosy

A little bit hostile for sane people, indeed. I´m afraid to post when Lord Fellatio is online; he can be so insensitive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit hostile for sane people, indeed. I´m afraid to post when Lord Fellatio is online; he can be so insensitive!

 

A little bit hostile for sane people, indeed. I´m afraid to post when Lord Fellatio is online; he can be so insensitive!

Kurva debil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit hostile for sane people, indeed. I´m afraid to post when Lord Fellatio is online; he can be so insensitive!

 

Got him on fb now, it's like the Cyril Smith / Jenny Diski cross, hybrided with an off his meds Stephen Fry, all whilst up a ladder.

 

Recommended.

 

 

 

Unlike a few folk , I don't want to see anyone stop posting.

 

Did I abuse shroud off the forum ?

Probably.

 

Did I want them to stop posting?

No.

 

They had a really good knowledge and 'BANG' my amusement on here dropped when they fucked off.

 

 

 

 

RC's was strange, she was looking for an excuse to quit , and blamed toastie ,still don't get it.

 

 

Zyklon....too much fun to be had, and he's too much of a cunt to quit anyways. Don't ban him.

 

 

 

 

Anyhoo , \O/ , waves at today's beeb driven newbies. Say 'hello' , get told to get tae fuck, then start posting.

 

:)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A little bit hostile for sane people, indeed. I´m afraid to post when Lord Fellatio is online; he can be so insensitive!

Got him on fb now, it's like the Brad Pitt / Jenny Diski cross, hybrided with an off his meds Stephen Fry, all whilst up a ladder.

 

Recommended.

 

 

 

Unlike a few folk , I don't want to see anyone stop posting.

 

Did I abuse shroud off the forum ?

Probably.

 

Did I want them to stop posting?

No.

 

They had a really good knowledge and 'BANG' my amusement on here dropped when they fucked off.

 

 

 

 

RC's was strange, she was looking for an excuse to quit , and blamed toastie ,still don't get it.

 

 

Zyklon....too much fun to be had, and he's too much of a cunt to quit anyways. Don't ban him.

 

 

 

 

Anyhoo , \O/ , waves at today's beeb driven newbies. Say 'hello' , get told to get tae fuck, then start posting.

 

:)

 

FTFY :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, it is. Probably the reason these forums are so dead...

 

The people here who are unnecessarily hostile towards newcomers are just extremely bitter because their lives suck and they have nothing better to do. IRL, they are insecure (especially the younger ones) and cowardly. They probably live in shitty council housing and have absolutely nothing to look forward to in life. Nobody likes them so they stick to their small circle of other bitter losers. You just gotta feel for 'em...

 

 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet....

 

Dragging up a thread last posted in 4 years ago and slinging yet more mud at folks is apparently joining in with the forum community and not looking for a fight at all. You alone are perfectly reasonable it's all these others.

 

Ok.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Yep, it is. Probably the reason these forums are so dead...

 

The people here who are unnecessarily hostile towards newcomers are just extremely bitter because their lives suck and they have nothing better to do. IRL, they are insecure (especially the younger ones) and cowardly. They probably live in shitty council housing and have absolutely nothing to look forward to in life. Nobody likes them so they stick to their small circle of other bitter losers. You just gotta feel for 'em...

 

 

 

Christ, I didn't know people who lived in poverty were sullying these hallowed forums.  That certainly puts a new complexion on things.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2016 at 14:24, drol said:

Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy. Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy. Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy.

 

Sorry I've got nothing to add to the topic except to smile at this post from 2016 which seems to bemoan a death drought in the middle of 2016! :D A few days later, Victoria Wood, Prince and Chyna were all dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Yep, it is. Probably the reason these forums are so dead...

 

The people here who are unnecessarily hostile towards newcomers are just extremely bitter because their lives suck and they have nothing better to do. IRL, they are insecure (especially the younger ones) and cowardly. They probably live in shitty council housing and have absolutely nothing to look forward to in life. Nobody likes them so they stick to their small circle of other bitter losers. You just gotta feel for 'em...

 

 


I’m deeply sorry to report my life (and finances, thank you very much) are going pretty damn well and I’m really quite happy, but thanks for your concern.
 

Okay, for this one moment, let’s humour you and stop speaking to you like a troll that just needs one gentle prod to rile them, and instead to point out how you come across, on the assumption you’re somehow oblivious to this.

 

All this bitterness you speak of appears to all be coming from you. Whether it be your narcissistic personality, your hilariously quick onset of combativeness or your constant need to either be in an argument or simply to hurl childish insults, you clearly come across as someone quite desperately unhappy with life.

 

If I’m wrong, great. I hope I am. Like a fair few on here, I’ll happily wind people up like there’s no tomorrow but I wouldn’t for a second wish anyone anything other than the best. If you are as miserable and bitter as it comes across, you need to consider breaking down those hideously overactive defences of yours and work on yourself a bit.

 

Nobody has anything they need to prove here. This is a place to dead pool, observe the world and have a laugh. So stop being so combative, stop being so sensitive, stop slinging shit everywhere, stop trying to play the big I-am because, manifestly, it won’t work, show some fucking humility and join us in treating people with respect, in this place that we come to simply wile away the odd spare minute a few times a day, because as far as I can tell the venom is thus far all emanating from you.

 

If indeed it’s wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt and you are as many suspect only here for the confrontation, reply with some standard impertinent and puerile Kenny abuse and we’ll go back to how we were 12 hours ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, En Passant said:

And yet....

 

Dragging up a thread last posted in 4 years ago and slinging yet more mud at folks is apparently joining in with the forum community and not looking for a fight at all. You alone are perfectly reasonable it's all these others.

 

Ok.

This is my retaliation to all the mud thrown at me, do you really expect me to roll over and take it? 

 

Plus I think an explanation was required for why the DL Forums are as hostile as they are. I know they are your friends but its killing the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not feed the troll!

 

Annotation 2020-08-21 140653.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:


I’m deeply sorry to report my life (and finances, thank you very much) are going pretty damn well and I’m really quite happy, but thanks for your concern.
 

Okay, for this one moment, let’s humour you and stop speaking to you like a troll that just needs one gentle prod to rile them, and instead to point out how you come across, on the assumption you’re somehow oblivious to this.

 

All this bitterness you speak of appears to all be coming from you. Whether it be your narcissistic personality, your hilariously quick onset of combativeness or your constant need to either be in an argument or simply to hurl childish insults, you clearly come across as someone quite desperately unhappy with life.

 

If I’m wrong, great. I hope I am. Like a fair few on here, I’ll happily wind people up like there’s no tomorrow but I wouldn’t for a second wish anyone anything other than the best. If you are as miserable and bitter as it comes across, you need to consider breaking down those hideously overactive defences of yours and work on yourself a bit.

 

Nobody has anything they need to prove here. This is a place to dead pool, observe the world and have a laugh. So stop being so combative, stop being so sensitive, stop slinging shit everywhere, stop trying to play the big I-am because, manifestly, it won’t work, show some fucking humility and join us in treating people with respect, in this place that we come to simply wile away the odd spare minute a few times a day, because as far as I can tell the venom is thus far all emanating from you.

 

If indeed it’s wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt and you are as many suspect only here for the confrontation, reply with some standard impertinent and puerile Kenny abuse and we’ll go back to how we were 12 hours ago.

I'm quite happy with my life thanks. It wasnt always great but in the last year I have had great success. I got out of my rough estate and I travel around the world often. In fact, I didnt even mention you by name so I'm glad to see that you consider yourself hostile towards newcomers.

 

I have been confronted and harassed ever since I got here. I tried being nice but a certain handful of toxic people have made the forum rotten to the core. And guess what? Everyone is upset because I decided to stand up for myself and retaliate. Then you guys retaliated, then I retaliated and so on... And whats more, we are all hiding behind our profiles so we can all be as toxic to each other as we like. 

 

If we treated each other with an ounce of dignity, instead of the constant ganging up on undeserving people, then you would not hear another insult from me again. If otherwise, we can continue riling each other up and I will not roll over and be harassed. I'm saying this not just for me but for others too, and this thread is evidence of others feeling this way about the forums so I am not alone by any means...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I'm quite happy with my life thanks. It wasnt always great but in the last year I have had great success. I got out of my rough estate and I travel around the world often. In fact, I didnt even mention you by name so I'm glad to see that you consider yourself hostile towards newcomers.

 

I have been confronted and harassed ever since I got here. I tried being nice but a certain handful of toxic people have made the forum rotten to the core. And guess what? Everyone is upset because I decided to stand up for myself and retaliate. Then you guys retaliated, then I retaliated and so on... And whats more, we are all hiding behind our profiles so we can all be as toxic to each other as we like. 

 

If we treated each other with an ounce of dignity, instead of the constant ganging up on undeserving people, then you would not hear another insult from me again. If otherwise, we can continue riling each other up and I will not roll over and be harassed. I'm saying this not just for me but for others too, and this thread is evidence of others feeling this way about the forums so I am not alone by any means...


But you dug this thread up from a 4 year slumber, so you clearly are alone.
 

And you’re not trying to be nice. You’re trying to have an argument, then accusing the people you want to argue with of trying to have an argument. And what exactly did you want to achieve from your diatribe about “council estate”, “their lives suck” and so on? What about telling people who are joking around to “stfu”? What about trying to single me out the other week? I could go on. This is all just the bile of a frustrated little kid. Come on, I’m sure you’re better than that.

 

All I’ll say is if you post shit, you’ll get shit back. And the fact that you have the gall to complain about everyone else’s conduct either means you either are a troll with a tragically unfulfilled life or just a delusional little bellend. Luckily, neither are always terminal so you do have a chance to change how you use this site.

 

This conversation is over. We’ll see how you get on from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:


But you dug this thread up from a 4 year slumber, so you clearly are alone.
 

And you’re not trying to be nice. You’re trying to have an argument, then accusing the people you want to argue with of trying to have an argument. And what exactly did you want to achieve from your diatribe about “council estate”, “their lives suck” and so on? What about telling people who are joking around to “stfu”? What about trying to single me out the other week? I could go on. This is all just the bile of a frustrated little kid. Come on, I’m sure you’re better than that.

 

All I’ll say is if you post shit, you’ll get shit back. And the fact that you have the gall to complain about everyone else’s conduct either means you either are a troll with a tragically unfulfilled life or just a delusional little bellend. Luckily, neither are always terminal so you do have a chance to change how you use this site.

 

This conversation is over. We’ll see how you get on from here.

Dude I literally offered a forfeit and now you're having a hissy fit...

 

But nah, I'm sure you and the other unfulfilled losers will keep harassing new members. And yes, I singled you out for a change since you were always singling me out. Not nice huh? Dw, I'm staying strictly on defence from now on...

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still enjoying the irony of the opening post of this thread.

 

On 17/04/2016 at 22:29, Deathray said:

At the minute admins seem to let trolls run amok round this place and it makes actually talking about death related stuff incredibly difficult. A number of high-profile members have already been scared away by the plague of Zyklon and the Don (geddit?). Can we seriously consider instituted house rules and a team of moderators to enforce them to avoid this situation continuing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Dude I literally offered a forfeit and now you're having a hissy fit...

 

But nah, I'm sure you and the other unfulfilled losers will keep harassing new members. And yes, I singled you out for a change since you were always singling me out. Not nice huh? Dw, I'm staying strictly on defence from now on...


Meh. I tried. You’re a troll and will only be treated as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:


Meh. I tried. You’re a troll and will only be treated as such.

Lmao no you didnt.

 

But for the sake of humanity, we'll try one last time. Truce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Lmao no you didnt.

 

But for the sake of humanity, we'll try one last time. Truce?

Just goes to show that nothing matters to Quim apart from being self rightous...

 

But if it means so much to everyone then I shall try on my end to keep the peace. But I assure you I have no intentions of being the aggressor here, but I wont roll over and submit when attacked for absolutely next to no reason.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use