Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool

I think you can't participate as showrunner RA. I think it would be good to start on say 1st December, just over a fortnight to get picks together.

I kind of like the categories except 4 - who's to say they might find God during the run of the game? Ha!

Anyway, we are in your hands...

Good to see you around, Ali, and nice topics. Shall have a think.

Congrats RA, top scavenging!

I'll be in for the second round, see if I can improve on my performance.

• Like 1

Count me in this time. I already got one person in my head, now to scavenge the remaining 24...

Neat topic ideas. Will be sure to give it another go when the categories are finalized.

Congratulations, RA! Well-deserved!

6 hours ago, Rotten Ali said:

What! You mean I won this?  Oh, that's nice!  Thanks.  Does this mean I have to run this?  Oh heck.  By the sounds of it you need five new categories?  Or if it's down to me to pick them. Not sure when the next start date should be but if it when I have picked 5 categories then the pressure is on me.  Right now I'm so out of the loop to know who is ill, I won't be having any untoward advantage,  but I guess such as... I'll round up Politics, sport, TV, music and Film.  Don't take this as gospel but the first outline...

1.  Presidents and Prime Ministers of the current 28 European Union countries (past and present).

2.  Boxers who have held any of the world title belts of any 4 organisational bodies WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO.

3.  Any actors who appeared in the TV series Dallas.  Including cast members, co-stars, guest stars, special guest stars "and staring" actors (357 episodes over 14 years.). As per the wiki page "List of Dallas (1978 TV Series) cast members.

4.  How about a very short list? Atheists in music? They do all that signing and don't believe in a god.  Wiki has a list of about 84 names who are still going. 

5.  Anyone who has been in a Film with Kevin Bacon.

catch up with you all in a bit...

Suppose it's down to you but either 4 weeks or the 1st day of the next month seem possible options going by the first round.

Congrats RA. I will participate this coming round :)

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I kind of like the categories except 4 - who's to say they might find God during the run of the game? Ha!

Yes, I have reservations about that one.  Religious beliefs (or lack thereof) are not necessarily on record.  It's a private matter for many people and as YW says, attitudes can change.

I'm all for a music category though.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I think you can't participate as showrunner RA. I think it would be good to start on say 1st December, just over a fortnight to get picks together.

Anyway, we are in your hands...

I didn't participate as showrunner but I am not going to make that a fixed rule but if you play you might win.

On 15/11/2017 at 17:46, Rotten Ali said:

What! You mean I won this?  Oh, that's nice!  Thanks.  Does this mean I have to run this?  Oh heck.  By the sounds of it you need five new categories?  Or if it's down to me to pick them. Not sure when the next start date should be but if it when I have picked 5 categories then the pressure is on me.  Right now I'm so out of the loop to know who is ill, I won't be having any untoward advantage,  but I guess such as... I'll round up Politics, sport, TV, music and Film.  Don't take this as gospel but the first outline...

1.  Presidents and Prime Ministers of the current 28 European Union countries (past and present).

2.  Boxers who have held any of the world title belts of any 4 organisational bodies WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO.

3.  Any actors who appeared in the TV series Dallas.  Including cast members, co-stars, guest stars, special guest stars "and staring" actors (357 episodes over 14 years.). As per the wiki page "List of Dallas (1978 TV Series) cast members.

4.  How about a very short list? Atheists in music? They do all that signing and don't believe in a god.  Wiki has a list of about 84 names who are still going. 

5.  Anyone who has been in a Film with Kevin Bacon.

catch up with you all in a bit...

If they are the categories that you are going with I have teams prepared for four of them.

Do you want to start a new thread or shall we just plough on through the old one?

Plenty of threads go into the hundreds of pages - this is just on page 12.

On 16 November 2017 at 02:50, Toast said:

Yes, I have reservations about that one.  Religious beliefs (or lack thereof) are not necessarily on record.  It's a private matter for many people and as YW says, attitudes can change.

I'm all for a music category though.

I would like you to add a catagory for me please Toasty instead of my 4th choice.

2 minutes ago, Rotten Ali said:

I would like you to add a catagory for me please Toasty instead of my 4th choice.

Ouch.  Straight off the top of my head, Grammy award winners (or nominees)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rotten Ali said:

Plenty of threads go into the hundreds of pages - this is just on page 12.

True. 

But MPFC's system of opening a new thread for each pool works very well. 

Because you can then put all the rules, categories, entries and teams in the first few posts, as well as the scoreboard.

Then it's easy to find everything.

• Like 1

Ok I'll pop a team together and await the opening for entries/deadline post. Cheers RA.

• Like 1

Maybe some of my atheists won a grammy and I did do that research for the Deathlist Grammies earlier in the year.

Has anyone won one yet?

Boxers who have held any of the world title belts of any 4 organisational bodies WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO.

Is this just another term for "world champion"?  Sorry for being thick, but I know next to nothing about boxing. 

I looked up the lists on wiki. With all the different weights there are plenty to choose from.

Are the categories final? I'm confused on that.

Wow...so just the month and a bit out of date but that's what happens when you're a teacher in your first term as an NQT I suppose. I've been keeping an eye on things, but clearly not close enough since I thought I'd drop in and wonder whether the first Scavenger Hunt Bingo would be done by 2018. Turns out it already is! Congratulations to Rotten Ali, he was always the favourite with his umpteen outs in double quick time. Reading through, I assumed I was too late to participate in Game 2 but it appears it hasn't started yet?

If we haven't started I would like to take part, just let me know by when (ideally around the start of the year would be good...gives me time to put a team together! :))

• Like 1

Is this dead then?

Patience, Joey!

• Like 1