Joey Russ

Advent Avalanche

Well all the Peter Pickers now look a bit foolish. Wrong Peter.

And now Weebl picked the wrong former king crimson member. Well, how many mistakes will we make...

• Like 1

Death List Slam Form Guide #29

A.A Gill

article-0-038A918B0000044D-589_224x423.j

The famous (or infamous arguably) food critic of the Sunday Times has announced he has "the full English of Cancers" having being diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread to his spine and across much of his body.Big question is :Will he make Christmas Dinner?

Should've been selected...

Haha - I popped in to see who had won.

Answer - Nobody! 😀👍🏻

• Like 1

Woo hoo - I'd like to thank Mr. Hechler for doing the deed in timely fashion, the seeming unanimity among us that A. A. Gill would see 2017, and my lateness to the fold as I probs would've plumped for someone already taken like Sellers had I logged on a few hours earlier.

• Like 3

Congratulations, Death Impends!

Never heard of the bloke. Well done anyway.

Congratulations, Death Impends!

Aye, hearty congratulations!

And, from now on - I hope David Baddiel gets to celebrate Christmas with his dad.

Cheers, Death Impends. From the moment I saw Hechler's name I knew you were going to win. I mean, this guy has been in hospice care for months! Anyway I fear my own pick could cheat us like A. A. Gill before New Year's Eve....

Congratulations to Death Impends, who is the inaugural winner for the Advent Avalanche. As a reward, I'll like the next 3 posts you make.

You're now on the first post for your achievement of winning the inaugural Advent Avalanche

• Like 1

You're now on the first post for your achievement of winning the inaugural Advent Avalanche

So, you planning on sticking around JR, there'll be a sophmore AA, or summat like it, right?

• Like 2

So, you planning on sticking around JR, there'll be a sophmore AA, or summat like it, right?

Absolutely. Hosting this dead pool is great experience for me (even though the host doesn't expect to win, I was praying that the reverend might die before Christmas, and he still might).

Just for fun, the second DDP team I'm entering after the theme of drummers is the selected celebrities of this dead pool, minus Zsa Zsa and Ken Hechler, who obviously didn't make it.

Good idea, Mr. Russ. My pick of Barbara Walters however, was misguided. She's commenting on the departure of Sherri Shepard and Jenny McCarthy from "The View". She might be getting senile, but she's not close to death.

Good idea, Mr. Russ. My pick of Barbara Walters however, was misguided. She's commenting on the departure of Sherri Shepard and Jenny McCarthy from "The View". She might be getting senile, but she's not close to death.

Yeah. Not expecting a lot of hits as MC Ren isn't dying anytime soon, Donald Trump is only dying by assassination if he's dies in 2017, and Colin Baddiel is probably not getting the obit, plus a lot of 50/50 cases. Plus, Glen Campbell is only a sub at this point...

Looks like the podium is all sorted out now. Obviously in first place is Death Impends with his wise choice of Ken Hechler, dying hours after AA Gill. Second place is kind of unexpected, but nevertheless, it goes to Rotten Ali for his selection of Zsa Zsa Gabor. Third place was the death that was announced today, Piers Sellers, who was chosen by Captain Chorizo. Congrats to the podium finishers. Now, will anyone else die in the next two days?

MC Ren in a car accident caused by the other driver.

Can I take fourth place?

Of course you can. Also the first hit on the Advent Avalanche team I entered in the DDP. Wonder how it will do this year.

• Like 1

• Grim Up North- Peter Skellern
  • Rotten Ali- Zsa Zsa Gabor DEAD
  • Shaun of the Dead- Sara Coward
  • YoungWillz- Sir Peter Hall
  • Youwanticewiththat- Chris Rea
  • Msc- Winnie Ewing
  • Time- Yisrael Kristal
  • RadGuy- Queen Sirikit
  • Toast- King Michael of Romania
  • Spade Cooley- MC Ren
  • Gcreptile- Barbara Walters
  • Bibliogryphon- Peter Sallis
  • Rockhopperpenguin- Donald J. Trump
  • JiroemonKimura- Errol Christie
  • Deathray- Emma Morano
  • Book- Clare Hollingworth DEAD
  • The Dead Cow- Peter Sarstedt DEAD
  • Weebl- John Wetton
  • CaptainChorizo- Piers Sellers DEAD
  • Death Impends- Ken Helcher DEAD
  • Gooseberry Crumble- Norman Jewison
  • maryportfuncity- Colin Baddiel
  • drol- Glen Campbell
  • Cat O'Falk- Eileen Derbyshire
  • joeyruss- Billy Graham

So we're at 5/25. Everyone who got selected and made it to January 1st has entered the official DDP competition, minus Eileen Derbyshire and Billy Graham, who has to sit out due to being the last two selected. There's a good batch of dead certs here, and some who will survive to 2018 (I'm specifically talking to MC Ren here), so let's see how they do.