The Mad Hatter

Gay Byrne

Is that what he looks like  to you, chopped liver?

21 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Is that what he looks like you to you, chopped liver?

Needless to say another typical, terribly worded, unintelligible comment by Morbidkid.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints"....Billy Joel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints"....Billy Joel.

If heaven is full of insufferable bible bashers give me hell any day!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

If heaven is full of insufferable bible bashers give me hell any day!

One of my grandfather's (he of the liver cancer, whisky) bits of advice: "When you're ill, you live or die. If you live, don't worry. If you die, you go to Heaven or Hell (he was religious). Heaven? Don't worry. Hell? That's where all your old friends will be so don't worry either!"

:lol:

• Like 3

I liked Mark Twain's take on the matter. "You go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

So basically the same. I don't like the feeling unhappy part of it though...

45 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Returning to the telly*

He sounds fine, will definitely make it to 2018 and this isn't the first time I have expressed this but, one of the weaker picks for the list. So many better picks.

• Like 1

Just now, FixedBusiness said:

Returning to the telly*

He sounds fine, will definitely make it to 2018 and this isn't the first time I have expressed this but, one of the weaker picks for the list. So many better picks.

Agreed. It is prostate cancer, and unless we know for certain it has spread, it's not the best idea to pick them. And sorry about the telly, my yankness got in the way this time...

• Like 1

So... looks like he is gonna be drope out of the next year list 

Uncle Gaybo as he is affectionately known would be in his own words "excira and delira" to be on this eminent list of celebrities given that his nemesis Sir Terry had such a successful UK broadcasting career and poor auld Gaybo is barely known across the Irish Sea.

When he was with Granada TV in the 60's he was the first person to interview the Beatles. 

It's time me to say goodbye, Gay. 

14 hours ago, Alea Icta Est said:

Uncle Gaybo as he is affectionately known would be in his own words "excira and delira" to be on this eminent list of celebrities given that his nemesis Sir Terry had such a successful UK broadcasting career and poor auld Gaybo is barely known across the Irish Sea.

When he was with Granada TV in the 60's he was the first person to interview the Beatles. 

The Late Late Show was a Monday afternoon staple on Channel 4 for many years. 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 06:35, Alea Icta Est said:

When he was with Granada TV in the 60's he was the first person to interview the Beatles

Are you sure? I always thought that was Monty Lister.

2 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Are you sure? I always thought that was Monty Lister.

Monty Lister is the person person to interview the Beatles you are correct but alea meant first person to interview them on tv and Gay was the first to do so.

Fucking hell. All the surviving candidates are really teasing us now, aren’t they? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Fucking hell. All the surviving candidates are really teasing us now, aren’t they? 

Either that, or if this years list does break the record it's going to do it by a few, not just 15/50...

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Either that, or if this years list does break the record it's going to do it by a few, not just 15/50...

While that's not impossible, IMHO there's a high chance that Gay Bryne wouldn't expire before January 2018.

Yes, the pills weren't effective enough so he's been moved to IV chemotherapy that is quite unpleasant and probably means that he's unlikely to get cured, but if things were completely hopeless, we'd read about him giving up life-extending treatment and being moved to a hospice facility. 

4 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

While that's not impossible, IMHO there's a high chance that Gay Bryne wouldn't expire before January 2018.

Yes, the pills weren't effective enough so he's been moved to IV chemotherapy that is quite unpleasant and probably means that he's unlikely to get cured, but if things were completely hopeless, we'd read about him giving up life-extending treatment and being moved to a hospice facility. 

Oh I don't think Bryne is in much danger this side of Hogmanay, no. Talking in general terms above, not the specific case.