msc

So, How's Your 2017 Shortlist Looking?

My team is in so you might as well all save your energy.

Always thought Zorders' team was the one with "cunt" in the team name and Olly Croft as a unique pick...

It is. He has several teams...

Both teams have 30-something points atm, so at least he is consistent in his deathpool mediocrity.

Sent from glass house.

Not being sent until the 31st. I am taking this very seriously, and to be honest, I like how my team looks right now.

Ah, I understand you taking this very seriously. One's first time is very special and you want it to be as memorable as possible. But in reality, it ends up in complete disaster... ;)

I'll be looking to see if The Grey Horde puts in a 2017 team...

Same here. At least, I haven't found any online obituaries for MH (not that he is a celeb but still), so I'm hoping for the best.

Not being sent until the 31st. I am taking this very seriously, and to be honest, I like how my team looks right now.

Ah, I understand you taking this very seriously. One's first time is very special and you want it to be as memorable as possible. But in reality, it ends up in complete disaster... ;)

I've warned him several times about being in too much of a rush. :champagne:

• Like 2

Bit ansy for my first time I know, but I'm trying to learn my patience for stuff like this.

Locked in with 1-15 spots

16-20th still juggling with about 12-15 names of who will get the last 5 spots btwn

3 really old people certain to go and obit but unlikely to be in the drop 40

2 ALS cases

2 people certain to cark but 50/50 if they get the required obit

1 person think will survive to 2018 ,will be a popular pick and if they die it's 10 or 13 points behind the 8 ball

1 person who will be among the top 3-5 most popular picks of 2017,entirely would be a gut feeling pick

1 With days to live has been reported in British media but they could easily die Dec 30-31 and it gets a mention months later

Several Cancer Mums

Finally settled on a joker. As for dead locks unless they die, I have 13 currently who will definitely be making my DDP team. Need to figure out the other 7 as well as subs...

In the same way as DDT's Irishman/folk musician superstition, I've realised that all three (four?) of my wins have featured picks from the Indian subcontinent, leaving me scrambling around to fit one of our south Asian brothers into the line-up.

My joker's been set since October. Bernard Hepton of course, who else?

About 17 spots are set on my team, with 14 people fighting out for the final three spots.

I have submitted all my teams.

Shadow List for Crowdsourced: December 17th

Shaun's Death By Numbers: December 20th

Hare's Pool: December 25th

Hartlepool Deadlypool: December 25th

Derby Dead Pool: December 26th

Deathrace: December 29th

Good luck to all.

11 officially-locked certs here but I think I know a further 3-4 names who are definitely going in. Still have to trim another 8 names from my shortlist whilst keeping on alert for any last minute arrivals. Deciding the young 50/50 to die cases are definitely going to be the toughest part.

Always thought Zorders' team was the one with "cunt" in the team name and Olly Croft as a unique pick...

It is. He has several teams...

Any idea who the oldest DDP participant is? Or is there no real way of knowing this?

There was that one I'm "I'm 8_ in March and I'm Still a Sicko!" team from a few years back, though I'm not sure if you mean now or all time, and that one's no longer participating (so presumably deceased...).

There was that one I'm "I'm 8_ in March and I'm Still a Sicko!" team from a few years back, though I'm not sure if you mean now or all time, and that one's no longer participating (so presumably deceased...).

Probably a decent contender and presumably a forum members mother/father/grandparent to enter at that age.

Longest run of consecutive entries would be an interesting stat and presumably one we can clarify?

That'd be Jesus Jones or Mr C, I'd presume.

Deathrace 2017

Crowdsourced 2017

Derby Dead Pool 2017 - Deathray's Kervorkian Clinic

Derby Dead Pool 2017 - Cobbles to a Coffin

Derby Dead Pool 2017 - Shot in the Dark

Hares Death Pool 2017

Hartleypool Deadleypool

Shauns death by Numbers

Entered the above, considering entering some of shauns other deadpools, might have a look at Sun Wukong. The MHDP seems dead in the water now.

I'll be running a deadpool next year, however it's a simple 5 name team affair and shall be posted in the next few hours so as to give time for entries but avoid a large number of entries.

I have submitted my main team earlier today. Half of them are ill, but won't get an obit. The other half would get an obit, but aren't ill... :ghost6:

Ok, a bit of an exaggeration maybe, but there is some truth to it. Only 8 of my entries have ever been selected for the DDP. Out of the remaining 12, only 6 of them have ever been mentioned on this forum (for health/age-related reasons, at least). 5 of those never mentioned actually have any known illnesses. Between 1-4 of them could be obitable in DDP-terms, although it's hard to say for sure.

Oh, and I can only realistically expect to get a Drop 40 bonus from a single "mainstream" entry.

In the same way as DDT's Irishman/folk musician superstition, I've realised that all three (four?) of my wins have featured picks from the Indian subcontinent, leaving me scrambling around to fit one of our south Asian brothers into the line-up.

Who was it in 2014? I'm honestly not finding it and I have been looking.

Oh wait, Yosra El-Essawy was Egyptian. Well I'm a big racist.

• Like 3

Oh wait, Yosra El-Essawy was Egyptian. Well I'm a big racist.

I misread the "Indian subcontinent" bit and thought you meant the Chinese dissident.

The second last spot. I named the person to my wife, and said "they're not likely to get a qualifying obit, are they? I mean in The Guardian or Daily Mail or the likes." Her reply was "Duh, of course (they) are. I've heard of them!"

So I put them in the team, on the better half's advice.

I'm really drunk, haven't submittedmy tea yet and am still pod the mind to make head transplant guy my Joker.

• Like 1

I'm really drunk, haven't submittedmy tea yet and am still pod the mind to make head transplant guy my Joker.

My dumb ass actually thought people mighta forgot about him because he wasn't mentioned in a while.

But it seems like he is on everyone's team.

He ain't my joker because I feel like he'll pussy out of the operation.