msc

So, How's Your 2017 Shortlist Looking?

I had a feeling you'd said something like that, but...long day, couldn't be arsed using the search engine. Anyhow, the intent was there...

Well, I'm pretty much done with Deathrace and DDP, so I spent the day making teams for Hare's Pool and the HPDP. Spent about 3 minutes on each, so not expecting great results.

Oh, I only spent a minute making my HPDP. Preparing for the win (nyuk nyuk nyuk) :D

I was busy most of today and will be tomorrow. Will start planning various teams on the 27th/28th. Bernard Hepton's still alive, I guess...

Could I get the advice of some DDP veterans. I'm currently looking for a replacement sub for my 1st ever DDP list. My one of my 20 did not make the starting line. Knowing my luck I'm going to wake up on New Year's Day with an email from TMIB saying another one went and I need to give him another name.

I have a pick in mind. When their illness ended their career and was announced it was made the news websites of half a dozen news sources so I am confident he will obit. However, none of sites were websites that DDP accept. Would this imply that when their death comes it will be the same story?

Did you send subs with your team when you entered?

Did you send subs with your team when you entered?

I submitted my list with only one sub because I naively thought "what are the chances of someone croaking within the next week?"

So if someone else goes, I need to submit another name.

Working on it at the moment. Although I seem to get worse for every year that I participate...One thing I hope is that Dead and Deader 4 will enter the 2017 DDP. Zorders and I used to have a "friendly little rivalry" and compare our results. It turns out we both always end up with either the same amount of hits or the same score.

Trivia that probably only he and I care about: ;)

In his debut season, we both got the exact same points. The year after that, he got more points than me, but the same number of hits. This year, he yet again has a higher score but we've both successfully predicted the deaths of three people each so far.

Anyway, back to the 'getting worse for every year' part...My points for the four DDP seasons I've participated in goes as follows: 43-33-25-19. A downward spiral if there ever was one. My very modest hope is to get at least a better result next year than this one.

At least in previous years, I've been able to whine about Bess Myerson & Magnus Härenstam not getting proper obits and use that as scapegoats. But in 2016, I just simply made some bad selections (although I do feel somewhat proud that I opted for Bobby Vee and not Bobby Rydell instead).

Just discovered my Spade Cooley type Joker is DEAD, that's how my short list is looking. Grrrr. Bollocks!

SC

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/obituaries/drummer-alphonse-mouzon-dead-at/article_c8d1b8c0-cc4b-11e6-af7b-9ba9e5c5c1c1.html

You sure you didn't want to pick anyone younger? Like Errol Christie or Leah Bracknell?

I submitted my list a couple of days ago, and already Liz Smith has died thus promoting my first sub to my main list.

Not properly researching this year will probably see me finish way down the league next year, but I did find a nice potential 24 point joker. And he's not even a cancer dad either...

Sent in teams to the Deathrace, the Hartlepool, Death by Numbers and the Hares Pool. Just the Rotten Deadpool and the DDP to think about.

Not properly researching this year will probably see me finish way down the league next year, but I did find a nice potential 24 point joker. And he's not even a cancer dad either...

Oh well, he'll probably be on twenty teams I guess...

The new bonus creates interesting thoughts:

I mean, do I pick the sure sixty-something 8-pt goner with the small chance of making the Drop 40, or do I pick the almost sure 80-something goner with the small chance of not making the Drop 40?

Oh well, he'll probably be on twenty teams I guess...

Most likely cult pick for around 5-10 teams if they live to January 1st.

Working on it at the moment. Although I seem to get worse for every year that I participate...One thing I hope is that Dead and Deader 4 will enter the 2017 DDP. Zorders and I used to have a "friendly little rivalry" and compare our results. It turns out we both always end up with either the same amount of hits or the same score.

In his debut season, we both got the exact same points. The year after that, he got more points than me, but the same number of hits. This year, he yet again has a higher score but we've both successfully predicted the deaths of three people each so far.

Anyway, back to the 'getting worse for every year' part...My points for the four DDP seasons I've participated in goes as follows: 43-33-25-19. A downward spiral if there ever was one. My very modest hope is to get at least a better result next year than this one.

At least in previous years, I've been able to whine about Bess Myerson & Magnus Härenstam not getting proper obits and use that as scapegoats. But in 2016, I just simply made some bad selections (although I do feel somewhat proud that I opted for Bobby Vee and not Bobby Rydell instead).

What's Zorders score, because you might get a fourth hit with Reynolds.

They're all dead .

Got a lead on a pick last night that makes me feel a lot happier about the balance of my team now... struggling for the final slot between the 90+ guarantee hit and the 30-49 50/50 obit shot.

His team name is Dead and Deader 3: Lie Back and Think of Lynndie England. It currently has 3 hits and 32 points. Even with Debbie Reynolds' death, my team is still 7 points behind despite having one more hit. I guess making Rob Ford the joker was a winning strategy (by "winning", I mean our internal competition). But, the year isn't over yet and I still have time to catch up.

Have you sent in your main team yet, Joey?

Always thought Zorders' team was the one with "cunt" in the team name and Olly Croft as a unique pick...

Always thought Zorders' team was the one with "cunt" in the team name and Olly Croft as a unique pick...

It is. He has several teams...

• Like 1

I'll be looking to see if The Grey Horde puts in a 2017 team...

• Like 3

His team name is Dead and Deader 3: Lie Back and Think of Lynndie England. It currently has 3 hits and 32 points. Even with Debbie Reynolds' death, my team is still 7 points behind despite having one more hit. I guess making Rob Ford the joker was a winning strategy (by "winning", I mean our internal competition). But, the year isn't over yet and I still have time to catch up.

Have you sent in your main team yet, Joey?

Not being sent until the 31st. I am taking this very seriously, and to be honest, I like how my team looks right now.

Got a lead on a pick last night that makes me feel a lot happier about the balance of my team now... struggling for the final slot between the 90+ guarantee hit and the 30-49 50/50 obit shot.

Ah yes, their are two 90 year olds a lot of people will be picking because of their illness, given they both make it to January 1st. I have a 30-49 with a 50/50 shot on my main team as well, though I don't know if it's the same one. Either way, whoever you choose will be a risk.