msc

So, How's Your 2017 Shortlist Looking?

Keeping a modern Deathlist forum tradition alive...

Been keeping in touch with that pal who works in Brinsworth House? Got your Telegraph subscription up to date, and a moleskine notebook close to hand? Or perhaps you've got a super secret unique dead cert that you are going to spend most of December fearing gcreptile mentions in the Ideas thread?

• Like 1

I shortlisted 200 people......Since they are dying quickly this November I figured not to make final one until Christmas. Maybe I'll be greedy next year and go with 100 people :)

Ah yes, as a wise man once said: "When TS Eliot claimed April was the cruelest month, clearly he'd never been a player of the Derby Dead Pool..."

• Like 4

Not gonna lie, the Neil Marshall/David Provan one-two has taken a bit of a licking to my team. Although I did find a nice 18-year-old with a 75% chance of obitting the other day.

Going over some names and Sir Creep predicts the #1 most overrated overused name (i.e. The first name he will be putting in Drop 40) is John Hurt. If you have one iota of respect for your efforts and/or lists, Sir Creep strongly advises against this name as any part of either.

Not gonna lie, the Neil Marshall/David Provan one-two has taken a bit of a licking to my team. Although I did find a nice 18-year-old with a 75% chance of obitting the other day.

So we are allowing the Asif's of the world still? I hope all rules are updated and posted in full on the appropriate threads sometime soon.

SC

Not gonna lie, I'm feeling pretty confident with the 40 or so people I narrowed down. I'm debating between two jokers right now (not going to spoil who they are).

Main team just about sorted.

Comedy theme needs a revamp - if Zara Nutley can't obit, well, I'm just speechless.

Not started on my 1981 Music stars. Once we are in December, I'll trawl through my list looking for possibles. I still feel there are a couple of strong contenders from 1980 who might drop soon, but who don't qualify for 1981 and I may promote them to my main team.

I'm breaking from an unintended tradition and not picking anyone with the surname Crowe next year.

(Should Russell enter a hospice in the coming weeks, I reserve the right to backtrack on this)

• Like 2

I was having the typical First World Deathlister issues.

Person A has cancer, but said they were undergoing more tests in November. No news.

Person B doesn't mention what type of cancer they actually have. So you know if you pick them, it's the Scott Thorson Stage I ass cancer, and if you don't, its metastatic pancreatic...

Not to mention the person who has taken a turn for the worse, but is a dubious obit, and the person who might bring forth the ranters and the "long dark nights of the soul", as TMIB once put it...

There's a really good 100% guaranteed obit actor out there who has strong rumours about his rapidly failing health, but nothing from a remotely concrete source. Up there with Mark Sims for the biggest decisions of 2k17.

There's a really good 100% guaranteed obit actor out there who has strong rumours about his rapidly failing health, but nothing from a remotely concrete source. Up there with Mark Sims for the biggest decisions of 2k17.

Hywel Bennett?

• Like 1

Hywel Bennett appears opposite Hayley Mills in the 1972 film version of Endless Night. It's also got Britt Ekland as Mills's pal. I knew Agatha Christie saw this film, and hated it, but was thinking to myself: it's fairly faithful to the book, can't see why.

Then, right at the end, suddenly all of Britt Ekland's clothes come off!

To be honest, should have seen that one coming.

Just a random aside.

Not even started one yet. As usual, I'll probably start about Dec 30th

Oh good Flying Spaghetti Monster it's only November 29th. I have a solid month before I get even remotely serious about it. If I do.

I have a rough draft for my planned DDP team. Nothing is final yet, because they could die at anytime, but others could announce terminal illness at any point.

Spoiler alert: MC Ren is not one of those on my draft... he's not even being considered

ngl, just found an absolute peach of a pick that seems heavily off the radars of everyone on here.

Shit - I had stored all my definites, possibles, people to research in one beautifully colour coded word document that my computer now tells me is corrupt and I can't open it.

So it will be back to picking a random list of old and sick people.

Shit - I had stored all my definites, possibles, people to research in one beautifully colour coded word document that my computer now tells me is corrupt and I can't open it.

I keep mine on a google doc so I could open it up at any device. There are a few cancer sufferers constantly mentioned on the forum as well, so not all is lost.

The folk I've got left as potential uniques not mentioned on here are probably on other people's shortlists, I'd guess. The least well known of the four (though still a proper celeb, in my book) is keeping off radar but still had their health mentioned in a major QO within the last twelve months.

Also, one of my own tips is no longer on my short list as there's a whiff of fraud about them. This isn't the same person Gcreptile mentioned. I think both of them might still make the Drop 40 though.

So far I dropped 2 people off my shortlist. One has made the drop 40 for the past 2 years, but I'm not sure if he's really as ill as many would like to believe. The other was because I couldn't find enough evidence for that person so I can put him on my team.

Have you tried putting it into a new word document?

Open a new document.

One - Click on insert.

Two - Click on object to get the menu.

Three - Click on create from file.

Four - Click on browse and select the corrupted file.

Click on OK.

word.jpg

• Like 3

Genuinely, someone needs to start an Ask Cat thread.

The other was because I couldn't find enough evidence for that person so I can put him on my team.

Aye, Person A still hasn't revealed the results of their tests in November. Terribly unsporting, really...