Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

On 15.5.2017 at 18:52, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4506588/Alleged-details-Olivia-Newton-John-s-health-surface.html

Olivia Newton John allegedly becoming increasingly bedbound. 

Perhaps worth considering for 2018.

Return of breast cancer....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/olivia-newton-john-breast-cancer-10530974

• Like 1

I think Ian Holm (who has been ill recently and seems to have retired) and Joss Ackland would make good additions for 2018.  

Also Barbara Shelley could be an inclusion as really being the last well-known Hammer horror regular still alive.

• Like 4

Norman Lloyd has definitely seen better days, he might be a good addition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hpresti said:

Norman Lloyd has definitely seen better days, he might be a good addition.

I suspect that he's not deathlisty.

http://www.bbhq.com/famousb.htm :An interesting list of celebrities born between 1946 and 1964.Can see a few of those names being on next years list.

• Like 3

James Levine would be a good choice:

"In recent years, Levine has had several hiatuses from the podium resulting from a string of health issues including kidney cancer, torn muscles in his right shoulder and a significant spinal injury, which forced him to withdraw from the majority of performances from 2011 until 2013. However, after overcoming tremendous odds, Levine’s Parkinson’s has now progressed to the point where his movements are no longer controllable"

http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/news/james-levine-retires-met-due-advancing-parkinsons

• Like 1

Here, another cancer mum, and not just any cancer mum, but no, the biggest Australian cancer mum currently available, Jeni Bonell, mother of 16 children, Australia's largest family:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4551816/Mother-Australia-s-largest-family-diagnosed-cancer.html

On 30.5.2017 at 03:53, LilyForrester said:

Noam Chomsky-

He seems senile in recent interviews to me and doesn't look well.

I wouldn't call him senile, but he sounds very weak, and has aged dramatically in this video from 3 weeks ago:

• Like 2

Just now, gcreptile said:

I wouldn't call him senile, but he sounds very weak, and has aged dramatically in this video from 3 weeks ago:

I thought he looked ok.I wonder if he had gone senile but then again many on the left have been making silly comments in the US.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I thought he looked ok.I wonder if he had gone senile but then again many on the left have been making silly comments in the US.

Look, if he is championing Corbyn he MUST be senile.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Look, if he is championing Corbyn he MUST be senile.

Many young people seem too though.I dont see it myself.

14 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Many young people seem too though.I dont see it myself.

Binary choice, other option is Theresa May. Simple.

B)

(She's still winning a landslide.)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, msc said:

Binary choice, other option is Theresa May. Simple.

B)

(She's still winning a landslide.)

I'm not too sure anymore. I personally prefer May to Corbyn but Corbyn has been running a good campaign (the best I've ever seen him be) so far and the Tories aren't (weakest I've seen Theresa May be).

I still think she'll win (the UKIP collapse should be enough) but it'll be narrower then initially anticipated.

I would fire whoever was working on the Conservative campaign and go on the attack. Focus on Brexit (something they finally seem to understand) and make the public consider the thought of John McDonnell as Chancellor of the Exchequer (hit him with his 'I'm a Marxist' tape) and Diane Abbott as Home Secretary (this one should be easy). Also completely abandon the social care stuff or least don't bring it up.

When election day comes I think it'll be Conservative's with 350-360. The UKIP collapse benefits them hugely and I don't think young people will come out in great enough numbers to really push Labour over the edge. Corbyn might actually survive as Labour Leader though, something I never thought possible at the start of this. I think Farron and Nuttall are both done though, and I would honestly advise UKIP to just disband at this point, they had one goal and they fulfilled it. Plus, UKIP is nothing without Nigel Farage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LilyForrester said:

I'm not too sure anymore. I personally prefer May to Corbyn but Corbyn has been running a good campaign (the best I've ever seen him be) so far and the Tories aren't (weakest I've seen Theresa May be).

I still think she'll win (the UKIP collapse should be enough) but it'll be narrower then initially anticipated.

I would fire whoever was working on the Conservative campaign and go on the attack. Focus on Brexit (something they finally seem to understand) and make the public consider the thought of John McDonnell as Chancellor of the Exchequer (hit him with his 'I'm a Marxist' tape) and Diane Abbott as Home Secretary (this one should be easy). Also completely abandon the social care stuff or least don't bring it up.

When election day comes I think it'll be Conservative's with 350-360. The UKIP collapse benefits them hugely and I don't think young people will come out in great enough numbers to really push Labour over the edge. Corbyn might actually survive as Labour Leader though, something I never thought possible at the start of this. I think Farron and Nuttall are both done though, and I would honestly advise UKIP to just disband at this point, they had one goal and they fulfilled it. Plus, UKIP is nothing without Nigel Farage.

UKIP are also not fielding candidates in many seats .

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

UKIP are also not fielding candidates in many seats .

It's the things like that that are the reason why I'd be cautious if I were Tories, but not in full-blown panic mode yet.

UKIP got around 15% of the vote last time right? That's a huge number that will almost certainly benefit the Tories.

4 minutes ago, LilyForrester said:

It's the things like that that are the reason why I'd be cautious if I were Tories, but not in full-blown panic mode yet.

UKIP got around 15% of the vote last time right? That's a huge number that will almost certainly benefit the Tories.

I cant see many going to Labour or Lib dems.

• Like 1

Olivia Newton John & John Travolta? Greased together forever in death.

7 minutes ago, bladan said:

Travolta is still donating to aviators. 

11 minutes ago, bladan said:

Is John ill?

No John is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

People DL needs to add in 2018
Barbara Bush
Linda Nolan
Johnny Hallyday
Stefán Karl Stefánsson
Olivia Newton John
Bert Newton
Mary Carlisle
Carl Reiner
Liliane Bettencourt
Charlotte Rae

People DL needs to get rid of in 2018
David Prowse
Gay Byrne
Sandy Gall
Fats Domino
Jerry Lewis
Akihito
Hosni Mubarak

23 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

People DL needs to add in 2018
Barbara Bush
Linda Nolan
Johnny Hallyday
Stefán Karl Stefánsson
Olivia Newton John
Bert Newton
Mary Carlisle
Carl Reiner
Liliane Bettencourt
Charlotte Rae

People DL needs to get rid of in 2018
David Prowse
Gay Byrne
Sandy Gall
Fats Domino
Jerry Lewis
Akihito
Hosni Mubarak

I support all, apart from the removal of Akihito. There's clearly something wrong with his health, and if the government allows him to abdicate in 2019, and they didn't allow it before, then its probably because of poor health. 

EDIT: Forgot Domino, Sod's law will happen, and Domino will die the minute he gets dropped, so he should stay as well. As for other people to remove, how about Betty White and Bob Barker? And maybe Pope Benedict as well, and Bob Dole. Just my thoughts though. And Liz Dawn.

Edited by Joey Russ
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I support all, apart from the removal of Akihito. There's clearly something wrong with his health, and if the government allows him to abdicate in 2019, and they didn't allow it before, then its probably because of poor health. 

EDIT: Forgot Domino, Sod's law will happen, and Domino will die the minute he gets dropped, so he should stay as well. As for other people to remove, how about Betty White and Bob Barker? And maybe Pope Benedict as well, and Bob Dole. Just my thoughts though. And Liz Dawn.

He's probably just old, and the abdication is only a big deal because Japan's monarchy is very strict, they don't even allow women to inherit the throne. It took Queen Juliana of the Netherlands 24 years after her abdication to die. 

Betty White and Bob Barker are in their mid-nineties and are more likely to die if they are dropped than Domino. Benedict is too famous to drop. Bob Dole has a very poor heath history, and Liz Dawn has a terminal illness and only 1/3 of her lungs are working. 

I don't believe they have allowed him to abdicate (it requires a new law).  Akihito wants to step down due to his health issues.

For someone to take that drastic request, I would suspect his heart (and prostate) issues are severe and he should remain on the list, despite his only being in his young 80's.

• Like 1

Someone to consider for next years: The last king of Greece, Constantine II.

Several issues as strokes, heart problems, intenstinal obstructions, problems to walk...

• Like 2