I HAVE A STRONG FEELING ABOUT LESLIE PHILLIPS

IS THAT SO?

21 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

We're you a guest before you made your account by any chance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For some reason I don't think Leslie will go this year. His continued longevity seems to indicate he's a fighter.  Too big a miss to take off next year though.

I cannot believe that Billy Graham is still here.  I did think he would have gone in 2016 (and didn't one of his relatives say that last year was his last birthday or something?) but when he made 2017 I thought he would be one of the first 'hits' of the year not making it to April.  But here we are.

14 hits will be broken this year though - I don't doubt that..

Yeah. I know people will mention 2003 as an example of a list that got 14 hits by the end of September and none later, but the thing is that all the great picks that year died by the end of September. Whereas we still have a lot of great picks on this list. People of course will go to Bracknell and Downie first due to being young with terminal cancer, but other great picks still remain. King Michael was going rapidly downhill last year in summer, but somehow he's still with us. Nobby Stiles is in the final stages of Alzheimer's, and although we already got three Alzheimer's hits (Noakes, Campbell, and Booth), there's no reason why they can't get a fourth one. Valerie Harper's medication is starting quit working as well. Not to mention the aforementioned Billy Graham, and Bush Sr too...

This year reminds me of 2015.

Lots of deadpool and deathlist hits but no major deaths. I hope somebody big goes so Hugh Hefner and Helmut Kohl aren't the biggest hits of the year!

Well, we now know 14 deaths isn’t the max number of deaths a list can have. The bigger question is how far the list can go...

• Like 1

I felt it was 14, or considerably more than 15. 2003 didn't just break the record, it smashed it. I stick to that.

Still reckon the record will be smashed rather than just broken.

Congratulations to the Committee! :party:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, we now know 14 deaths isn’t the max number of deaths a list can have. The bigger question is how far the list can go...

I'd say it go as far a 50 and no more ;)

Lofty total of sweet 17

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Well before 2003 the record was 10 ,so that was exceeded by 4. I am therefore going to predict we 'll end on 18, but it could go to 20. 

• Like 1

My updated verdict for the 2017 list with Downie gone 

Still in real danger

Leah Bracknell, King Michael of Romania, Nobby Stiles, Jill Gascoine, George Bush Sr, Valerie Harper

Will they, won't they

Kirk Douglas, Billy Graham, Duke of Edinburgh, Denis Norden, Pierre Cardin, Hernan Wouk, Leslie Phillips, Javier Perez De Cueller, Bob Barker, Pope Benedict

Little chance

Vera Lynn, Lord Carrington, Stan Lee, Olivia De Haviland, Bob Dole, Jimmy Carter, Robert Mugabe, Betty White, Doug Ellis, Honor Blackman, Ian St John, David Prowse, Fats Domino, Hosni Mubarak, Desmond Tutu, Emperor Akihito, Gay Byrne

Safe for 2018

Queen Elizabeth II, Sandy Gall

On 26/09/2017 at 18:44, Deadpool said:

5 of 14 ... nice analysis! Well done! 

6/14 now

• Like 1

I think the deathlist can getc another two or three more hits... why not? We have more than two months until the end of the year isn't? If you think guys, two months ago the deathlist was at 8 hits,... now, the deathlist  got another 7!!

About time the record was broken. We've come a long way since 2003 in terms of information about celebrities health and whatnot.

My updated (and probably last) verdict for the 2017 list

Death almost certain before  31 Dec 2017 (90-99%) : ....

In real danger but may make to 2018 (50-90%): King Michael of Romania, Leah Bracknell, Herman Wouk, George H.W Bush, Leslie Phillips, Bob Barker 

Some chance (20-50%): Duke of Edinburgh, Pierre Cardin, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Jill Gascoine 

Little chance (1-20%): Olivia de Havilland, Bob Dole, Gay Byrne, Fats Domino, Stan Lee, Kirk Douglas, Desmond Tutu , Billy Graham , Denis Norden , Carrington, Vera Lynn, Valerie Harper 

They will see 2018: Queen Elizabeth II , Jimmy Carter, Sandy Gall, Robert Mugabe, Honor Blackman, Emperor Akihito, Betty White, Ian St John, David Prowse , Hosni Mubarak, Doug Ellis, Pope Benedict XVI 

• Like 1

I think 24 deaths is doable before 2017 is out, with Bracknell, King Michael of Romania, Stiles and Harper still clinging on and I have a gut feeling for Douglas, Graham, Wouk and Pope Benedict.

9 minutes ago, ebless said:

I think 24 deaths is doable before 2017 is out, with Bracknell, King Michael of Romania, Stiles and Harper still clinging on and I have a gut feeling for Douglas, Graham, Wouk and Pope Benedict.

I reckon Leah Bracknell, King Michael, George Bush and Kirk Douglas still have a chance of adding to this year total.  So I am guessing a final of 20 destroying the previous record.  Which will not be beaten for years to come

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ebless said:

I think that's a bit ambitious    but I'm going to raise my prediction from 18 to 20 

• Like 1