msc

The Deathlist Cup

Honestly, I think those who receive first round byes should not be random, but rather the people with the highest 2016 DDP scores.

That would prevent a possible first-round matchup of say DeathImpends vs. DevonDeathTrip, neither of whom deserve to be eliminated in round one what with their skills.

• Like 1

Yeah! Seeding! And a televised draw on YouTube!

Let's go mainstream! Yay!!!!!!

• Like 3

Hmm, I'd put it towards those likely to be effected. I dislike the idea of seeding, as who is to say Person X is better than Person Y, even if one has won the DDP and the other's won a wooden spoon, seeding is a Spanish Cup thing (and its rubbish there). However, in terms of needing a first round bye, as it stands, there'd be 8 byes in the first round. So, the floors open to the competitors here, and I'll concede to some of the teams with byes being chosen rather than random IF that's the general will of those involved.

PS Even if that is decided, it's already my decision that I cannot qualify for a first round bye as the referee. Also, to make sure there's no unfortunate circumstances, I will post my team publicly shortly after the First Round Draw, so there can be no accusations or thoughts of personal abuse of the game.

How about this:

The first four byes should be given to the top 4 DDP placers in 2016. That'd be Spade, Captain Chorizo, DDT, and Death Impends. Then the remaining byes should be given out by random. If their six byes remaining, give to the top 3, 4 byes top 2 and 2 byes one goes to Spade. I think that's fair.

• Like 1

I vote for random seeding. If we do this again next year the seeding could be based on this year's results.

• Like 3

In my opinion the best Cup competitions have an element of chance in not only the match but also who you might face and who you might face next.

I would not have seeding and have a draw after each round rather than a set draw from round 1.

I would also agree that the byes in the first round should be top performers in previous years DDP (even though I've not taken part).

I also wonder if, as it is a monthly competition, the teams are actually going to be made public or only the deaths notified to prevent copying and covering another team.

Anyhow I don't really care I'm just happy to take part. Cheers

In my opinion the best Cup competitions have an element of chance in not only the match but also who you might face and who you might face next.

I would not have seeding and have a draw after each round rather than a set draw from round 1.

I would also agree that the byes in the first round should be top performers in previous years DDP (even though I've not taken part).

I also wonder if, as it is a monthly competition, the teams are actually going to be made public or only the deaths notified to prevent copying and covering another team.

Anyhow I don't really care I'm just happy to take part. Cheers

If you want it done competently and fairly you should ask the experts like FIFA.... Oh, hang on..
  • Like 1

34 and a half hours left in case anyones out there going "Maybe I'll enter, but I'm too shy" - what's the worst that can happen? Outside of getting thumped 10-0 by Death Impends of course...

• Like 1

34 and a half hours left in case anyones out there going "Maybe I'll enter, but I'm too shy" - what's the worst that can happen? Outside of getting thumped 10-0 by Death Impends of course...

A fate I am under no illusions could be heading my way...

I admit, looking up people who are probably going to die soon that aren't cancer moms is a hard thing to do. I only have 4 out of 11 people selected, and 3 of them already have a forum mention, so they won't be unique.

I wouldn't worry, Joey - I suspect in 9 out of 10 cases it'll come to deft picking of the right names, rather than exquisite research.

So, to be clear (because my first XI plus sub is currently listed in a file on my computer at work). Once we get notification of the ties in each round we PM the team to msc who posts it when the round goes live, right?

We don't splurge our cancer moms and cult hero cardiac cases all over the forum, or do we?

So, to be clear (because my first XI plus sub is currently listed in a file on my computer at work). Once we get notification of the ties in each round we PM the team to msc who posts it when the round goes live, right?

We don't splurge our cancer moms and cult hero cardiac cases all over the forum, or do we?

PM the first eleven (plus subs in case of early topplers) to me, I keep them quiet till midnight on January 31st. Then wham, announced in here in the most readable style possible, and we're all go, awaiting a "goal update" from Chris Kamara or whoever does them nowadays...

PM the first eleven (plus subs in case of early topplers) to me, I keep them quiet till midnight on January 31st. Then wham, announced in here in the most readable style possible, and we're all go, awaiting a "goal update" from Chris Kamara or whoever does them nowadays...

Reet - they'll be reporting for action on Monday (assuming they're still breathing)

Count me in

• Like 1

So i assume execution picks are a no go.

Like the kids, I think he assumes no one is enough of a cunt to choose in row mates who will be executed.

• Like 1

I'm guessing - metaphorically - the equivalent of fielding a player in a real game without the requisite documentation (i.e. they'd invalidate the result). But, obviously; that's my best guess. If I find a few death row types lined up against me in round one I'll keep a straight face and play on.

• Like 1

1. No Kids (thats under the age of 18)

2. No executions (death row candidates only score if they die via other causes, heart attack or what not)

3. No pet dogs or other animals, humans only

4. No ISIS prisoners

Or "fucking duh" as I was tempted to put it.

• Like 6

1. No Kids (thats under the age of 18)

2. No executions (death row candidates only score if they die via other causes, heart attack or what not)

3. No pet dogs or other animals, humans only

4. No ISIS prisoners

Or "fucking duh" as I was tempted to put it.

Maybe add a 5th one; no missing in action types. Just a thought.

See in that case its just a waste of a spot on your team, because it wont be counted short of them turning up dead and clearly dead within 2017 in that month. Whereas 1, 2 and 4 are very obvious no-gos (as generally accepted by everyone on here in every single fucking deadpool) and 3 will guarantee mocking.

I'm waiting for my opponents name in ten minutes...

And the entry period SLAMS SHUT!

A nice 26 people are competing. Very nice for the first time.

Right, we have 26 entrants, which means the first round will involve 20 players.

These 20 will take part in 10 one on one ties, and the 10 winners from Round 1 will meet 6 competitors with byes in Round 2 for the Final 16, then Quarterfinals and so on.

A draw of the names on Random.org gave us the following six people who have received BYES to the Second Round.

• Spade Cooley
  • Bibliogryphon
  • Death Impends
  • DDT
  • Deadsox
  • Roverandout
  • Like 2