DevonDeathTrip

Death And The Scrabble Deficit

If we allow stage names, River Phoenix died at 23 but has a Scrabble value of 27.

• Like 1

Joost van der Westhuizen *is* his Scrabble Age right now, until February 20th, but if we add his Drop 40 bonus...

• Like 1

Just beat me to River Phoenix! :D

How about Florence Griffith Joyner? Bit of a cheat because 3 names but that was what she was called.

Died at 38, Scrabble score 47.

• Like 1

If we allow stage names, River Phoenix died at 23 but has a Scrabble value of 27.

That was his real name though. Hippy parents.

• Like 1

Near miss by 24 days.

Peaches Geldof

Died at 25, Scrabble Score 25.

Enough of this fun, time for bed!

That was his real name though. Hippy parents.

Ah you're right, glanced a different birth name from his Wiki and assumed stage whilst conveniently forgetting about all the other Phoenixes in the family :D

Since we are flippant about allowing 3rd names when popularly called that....
Bobbi Kristina Brown dead at 22 (Scrabble = 33) (only 21 without Kristina)

SC

If Cristiano Ronaldo dies in the next 7 years he'll qualify due to portugese naming conventions meaning he's actually called Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aviero worth 38 points.

Manuel Maria Barbosa de Bocage died in 1805 at his exact scrabble value.

I just thought of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was bombed into oblivion at 39, a lower value than his Scrabble score of 44.

If you go by the name she was best known as then Cheyenne Brando has a scrabble score of 25 which is equal to her age at death. If you go by her birth name of Tarita Cheyenne Brando then her scrabble score is 31.

Mine is 27 and I'm 51. Can't help.

Polish rapper Magik, real name Piotr Luszcz. He's worth 33 points, died aged 22.

Dmytro Grabovskyy, 31, Ukrainian bicycle racer, heart attack with a scrabble score of 38 an ex junior world champion. The only thing that I would add to this thread is that Scrabble tiles in different countries have different distributions and values.

I wonder what the shortest name is where the scrabble score is greater than the name where the person has survived reached adulthood. I'm talking about famous people.

I thought Jean Harlow might but she's three points short, Jade Goody doesn't quite get there either.

Edit - Spade has probably already answered it with Jack Dakin.

Worth noting that if 2003 World Scrabble Champion Panupol Sujjayakorn dies at any time in the next ten years he'll qualify for this thread.

• Like 6

I've got just under 5 years to outlive my scrabble deficit.

With my real name I have exceeded my scrabble surplus with a factor of 150%. But there again with only two names, not long or posh, the sixties had no internet or fifteen minute "celebrities" to generate such long names. We would not have heard of the deaths of half of the people that we do now, especially those of the old Eastern Bloc nations as we relied on newsprint.

My name is 50% vowels, my middle name is worth one more point than my first two names put together.

Just thinking about it, all 12 letters of my name are 1 pointers. Which means I've outlived my Scrabble Deficit. Woo.

Toikitenku Yoshiaki, former Mongolian sumo wrestler, died this week. His name would have scored 37 points in scrabble, and guess how old he was? 37.

Also, Johnny Wahlqvist, who's scrabble name is worth 46 points, died this week, aged 43. That's -3 on his scrabble deficit. (Oh, someone got there before me)

By quite some margin. I'd need at least a triple wordscore or change my middle name to Quartzy Quixote.

• Like 1

Joost van der Westhuizen *is* his Scrabble Age right now, until February 20th, but if we add his Drop 40 bonus...

Qualifies for the thread I guess...

Found a few

Christopher Chubasco Wilkins, scrabble score 52, executed age 48 in February 2017

Alec Devon Kreider, scrabble score 27, executed age 25 in January 2017

Joe McKnight (footballer), scrabble score 30, died aged 28 in December 2016

Brittany CoxXx (obviously not her real name), scrabble score 41, died aged 38 in December 2016

Remigijus Morkevičius (kickboxer), scrabble score 41, died aged 34 in December 2016.

Uzama Douglas (footballer), scrabble score 25, died aged 18 in December 2016.