Joey Russ

John McCain

Well, he hasn’t returned to the senate yet...

Lindsey Graham went to see him at his home a few days ago.Said he was encouraged by his progress but that they "shared tears" and that he hopes to be back to the Senate soon.

"I was very pleased with his progress," Graham toldCNN's Dana Bash. "He's making progress. We laughed a little bit. We cried a little bit. I admire him greatly and I'm hoping he can come back and be with us."

Note how he says hopes rather than saying he will be back soon.

He is still a senator from Arizona ?

Such a shame.

The latest:
Meghan McCain is excited for her dad John McCain’s progress. The 81-year-old Arizona senator has been fighting a Stage 4 brain tumor, and she opened up about it on Thursday night’s The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.   “He’s doing really well. It’s a really scary cancer."   She added that her father went through a “rough time” at Christmas, noting that he has since “made this crazy amazing recovery.”

“I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because he is so resilient in so many different ways,” she added. “He’s a tough bastard. I hope he comes back to Washington soon, because I would like to see him go up against Trump a little more.”
SC

• Like 1

Roberta McCain is 106 Today:birthday::party:

• Like 5

Why        are they pretending he can recover? Nobody survives this type of tumour.It's only a matter of time before he dies.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

Interesting "piece" that cites the Deathlist as one of its sources:

Squawker said:

His illness worsened so bad that Deathlist.net, a death prediction site ran by health experts, labelled him 7th most likely celebrity to die this year.

I'd be curious where that "7th most likely to die" figure comes from. I mean, I know he is number 8 on this year's list, but that has little to do with the likelihood of death (e.g. Errol Christie was only #49 on last year's list, although he was thought to be a "dead cert"). 

EDIT: I also checked the Drop Forty, but it seems he was #6 there. Close, but no cigar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

Interesting "piece" that cites the Deathlist as one of its sources:

I'd be curious where that "7th most likely to die" figure comes from. I mean, I know he is number 8 on this year's list, but that has little to do with the likelihood of death (e.g. Errol Christie was only #49 on last year's list, although he was thought to be a "dead cert"). 

EDIT: I also checked the Drop Forty, but it seems he was #6 there. Close, but no cigar.

You're arguing about an article written by someone who looks like THIS.

will.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

It takes a true scum bag to gloat about a man dying from cancer. This is a lousy piece filled with  half truths and misplaced anger. You can tell this guy is one of those that worships trump and thinks anyone opposed to trump is Hitler.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

You're arguing about an article written by someone who looks like THIS

I don't judge a book by its cover... That being said, I broadly agree with MadHatter that it's a lousy "piece" (hence the shudder quotes) and I wasn't really "arguing" about it, just wondering about his seemingly strange interpretation of DeathList rankings.

I found it savage tbh, writer looks pretty normal but yes there were errors.

• Angry 1

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Hope she wins the primary. It'll be an Angle/O'Donnell/Palin style meltdown and easily give the race to Kyrsten Sinema. If not, 85-year-old openly racist sheriff Joe Arpaio who's also running is just as good if not better for handing the dems a much needed senate seat. 

Speaking of Arpaio, he would definitely obit and is under the stress of a major senate campaign, he turns 86 this year and should definitely be considered. 

And he'll certainly obit as a Senator!

• Like 1

On 09/02/2018 at 15:39, WholfOfTheDead said:

I don't know how to respond that article. It disappoints me that someone actually wrote that and thought it was a good idea to include their name and picture to it as if they were proud of it. He should be ashamed, the tone of that whole piece is genuinely disappointing. 

• Like 1

Just an over-partisan piece, forget it. imo if you really dislike someone beyond party politics - like, say David Cameron for being a useless fuckwit who screwed over your personal finances* - I find death far less rewarding than their living to an old age knowing their reputation is forever mud. Fate worse than death for your modern legacy obsessed politco.

*Sean and others may wish to sub in Gordon Brown here if they so wish. It's an analogy, not a party political point.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:41, Joey Russ said:

Well, he hasn’t returned to the senate yet...

I read an article from Feb 10th saying it is due to the agressive H3N2 flu going around

On 2/9/2018 at 10:38, Life Is Beautiful said:

You're arguing about an article written by someone who looks like THIS.

will.jpg

looks like a friggen tool

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

Wait...his mom is still alive?

Yeah, and a popular pick in some pools. Incidentally that article linked above rocks a bit...

Before I go any further, I am not inciting violence onto Mr McCain or his family; lets make that clear. I only want John McCain to suffer the same blow as the millions that died in all the unnecessary wars that he helped cause, let God handle his fate. Most people who defend McCain do so because he was a ‘war hero’. People who call for a war over lies about ‘Saddam Hussain’s weapons of mass destruction’ just to make money from stealing foreign oil are not war heroes, they are war criminals.

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, and a popular pick in some pools. Incidentally that article linked above rocks a bit...

Before I go any further, I am not inciting violence onto Mr McCain or his family; lets make that clear. I only want John McCain to suffer the same blow as the millions that died in all the unnecessary wars that he helped cause, let God handle his fate. Most people who defend McCain do so because he was a ‘war hero’. People who call for a war over lies about ‘Saddam Hussain’s weapons of mass destruction’ just to make money from stealing foreign oil are not war heroes, they are war criminals.

your disclaimer is fair..he is in my pool

23 minutes ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

your disclaimer is fair..he is in my pool

Isn't my disclaimer - I'm quoting that article