Joey Russ

John McCain

The treatment is already ruining him before the cancer kicks in full force.I hope he doesn't li1ve too long.Saw someone die of this over 15 months and that was with highly successful surgery radiation and steroids.It is a fate I wish no man.

I do not get the hate for McCain.He has his faults but seems a decent guy.Maybe I say that as a right winger though.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I do not get the hate for McCain.He has his faults but seems a decent guy.Maybe I say that as a right winger though.

I suspect we might be slightly different politically (dunno what gave it away really :D) but even from my centrist spot, I've always had some respect for McCain, even if he is a bit flawed at times. He survived as POW, and was on the right side of history on a few big political issues. Also wrong on others, but meh, no one is perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect some of the hatred are some people who have a hate on anything that has the republican tag on it just like lots of Trump supporters hate anything with a democrat tag on it. For me personally, I agree with both of you that while McCain isn’t perfect, he still is a very well mannered individual that will receive all the respect from me. While I am democrat, I try to look at both sides of the issue before expressing my true opinion and understanding why people believe certain things in certain ways...

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 14:56, Sean said:

Surely he will have to quit the Senate soon?

Nope. Many old senators like him hang on until their last breath. Ex: Robert Byrd, Daniel Inouye, Ted Kennedy. Some like 100 year old Strom Thurmond in 2003 live a few months in retirement by not seeking re-election, but McCain didn't know he had cancer until after his election in 2016.

I suppose Governor Ducey will appoint Rep. Martha McSally, her house seat is vulnerable, she's popular and well known enough to fend off a serious primary challenge, and her previously stated popularity/name rec. will scare off democrats that are already focused on winning Jeff Flake's seat from the female Roy Moore (Kelli Ward).

Her military experience also could be seen as a tribute to McCain, whose main focus is foreign policy and fighting every war the republicans support.

• Thanks 2

He's a tough fighter, and I hope he lasts a while ,if only to p off Donald Trump, but if he's included on next years list I think sadly it will be a pretty safe bet. :(

• Like 1

I'm with some of the above - got to respect anyone who came through the POW experience with the capabilities this man has since shown. 

That said, Drop 40 fodder and surely a shoo-in, maybe even #1 on the DL 50

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm with some of the above - got to respect anyone who came through the POW experience with the capabilities this man has since shown. 

Ah but what about William Frankland, who spent three years as a PoW and still found time upon release to invent hay fever?

14 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ah but what about William Frankland, who spent three years as a PoW and still found time upon release to invent hay fever?

Yeah - and Victor Frankl who came out of a concentration camp and wrote one of the most widely read books on the meaning of life ever published. 

But loads of people don't step up after the full POW experience. 

So I stand by the admiration for JM

• Thanks 1

Ooooh John McCain is at number 8! I'm rooting for him to die this year! Definitely a good choice.

There was never any doubt that McCain would get on the list, as he’s very famous both in the US and in the UK apparently. 

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

There was never any doubt that McCain would get on the list, as he’s very famous both in the US and in the UK apparently. 

Former major party Presidential candidates are always well known here.

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

There's always a doubt.  Who would have thought they would drop Nobby Stiles this time?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former major party Presidential candidates are always well known here.

I had forgotten about that for a minute lol...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

There's always a doubt.  Who would have thought they would drop Nobby Stiles this time?

That one is certainly a brave or courageous decision, to quote Sir Humphrey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

That one is certainly a brave or courageous decision, to quote Sir Humphrey.

Aye

I'm guessing Stiles is a shoo-in DDP Drop 40 candidate (fucking hope he is cos that's one reason I picked him). And - surely - 2019 is a fixture too far, even for him.

6 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

Did you know his mother is still alive? Turning 106 next February.

I was surprised his mother didn't get put on the deathlist too. As soon as he goes, she'll go, just like Reynolds and Fisher. Even the stress of him being sick could set her off. Sad stuff. 

Seven days ago on John McCains instagram they reused the same photo as one posted in November where he already looked frail. 

Seven days ago: 

November: 

15 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

Did you know his mother is still alive? Turning 106 next February.

Still able to attend public events too, as of a little over a month ago:

Okay, I believe this is a reasonable bet to take. In my personal opinion, I believe that Sen. John McCain (R, AZ) has a over 65% chance to be gone by the end of the year according to my inside sources. If you are looking to take a safe Bet, stay away from sports, and instead stick to a safer return, by betting on the death of our beloved John McCain. Rest in peace good friend (3-12-18).

8 hours ago, John Key said:

I was surprised his mother didn't get put on the deathlist too. As soon as he goes, she'll go, just like Reynolds and Fisher. Even the stress of him being sick could set her off. Sad stuff. 

Seven days ago on John McCains instagram they reused the same photo as one posted in November where he already looked frail. 

Seven days ago: 

November: 

In the Xmas picture he looks like a nursing home patient.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

In the Xmas picture he looks like a nursing home patient.

Well, he might soon become a hospice patient. I mean, he is probably not at that stage yet, but it's gonna be a long and hard year for him.

And as for his mother: paradoxically, if she is still lucid and alert, she might be worse off if she needs to cope with the death of her son. If she were a living zombie, like Zsa Zsa was in her final years, she wouldn't even notice it (just like Zsa Zsa was not aware of the death of her daughter Francesca when she died).

We could have a Fisher/Reynolds repeat.