Joey Russ

John McCain

Yeah, so he has an aggressive form of brain cancer, so he's definitely a very good candidate for next year I think. 

Felt like he needed his own thread, and I try to limit the amount of threads I make, but it's too tempting this time, so here we are...

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, so he has an aggressive form of brain cancer, so he's definitely a very good candidate for next year I think. 

Felt like he needed his own thread, and I try to limit the amount of threads I make, but it's too tempting this time, so here we are...

wow that's a shocker. I thought he'd live forever what with his mum being 105 .

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that he wouldn't have to likely die this way, as while I disagree with him politically, I still think that he is one of the better republicans in the party, and will feel sad when he goes. 

I think the warning signs were kind of there for a month and a half, as during the James Comey testimony, he didn't necessarily seem to be himself, as he's usually a sharp minded guy, and he seemed confused during the testimony. 

• Like 4

He has Glibiostoma,which is what Paul Van-Zandlviet did. 100% should be on the list if he is alive Jan 1

• Like 1

Great senator. Lots of my family voted for him in 2008 and for Arizona senate. Mother even met him on the campaign trail. 

He's had Melanoma 3 times but I think this time it's over for him, even if he has some of the best care in the world.

He's now #1 on my shadow list with his mother at #4 :( 

11 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

He has Glibiostoma,which is what Paul Van-Zandlviet did. 100% should be on the list if he is alive Jan 1

Aye, glioblastoma, pancreatic, and crowdfunding to go to a Mexican clinic are the big three of "they're fecked".

Ted Kennedy lasted 15 months with glioblastoma and a similar top level of care, so McCain will be a DL/Drop 40 cert.

I think he'll last 11-12 months. McCain's been frail and unhealthy for a while (ex: the picture i posted in political frailty). This has definitely taken a higher toll on him than his previous cancer battles.

Curious to see what Trump's reaction will be 

I agree with Obama. I hope he fights as hard as he can.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Let's see how long it takes for Trump to tweet anything about it

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Let's see how long it takes for Trump to tweet anything about it

I believe he made a statement earlier.

Glioblastoma is going to be very hard to beat, if they didn't get it all. Chemo doesn't work very well on brain cancers, so that just leaves radiation.  A pretty bleak picture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

Here is Trump's tweet on McCain: 

That's not from Trump, that's from an intern. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

This is a much better tweet than Trump's- it sounds like Mr, Obama really CARES-

• Like 1

Olivia Newton-John has competition...

• Like 2

He will be definitely on my Deathlist 2018.

Drop 40, Deathlist main list certainty if he reaches January 1st without doubt. Actual household name here, not many Senators you can say that about. (We got taught about him in school, even, though he had just been the losing Presidential candidate*..)

On a completely unbiased level, however, this is dreadful news for American politics.

*The first time round. vs Bush in 2000. He offered the Channel 4 News reporter a cup of tea at a rally.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Curious to see what Trump's reaction will be 

Saw the heroic tweet above but I'm picturing Trump quietly slamming one fist into the other palm and mouthing "Yes!!" as his most vocal critic in Washington gets slowly taken out of the game

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Does not deserve his own thread, the general politics one is fine, mods please delete this thread. 

If he gets to New Years Day and he's still with us, he definitely needs to be on the 2018 list.

By the look of things it seems he will be outlived by his mother.

1 hour ago, RobertMugabe said:

Does not deserve his own thread, the general politics one is fine, mods please delete this thread. 

Why you being so racist?

• Like 2