drol

Alain Delon

Noooooooooo 

Rest in peace legend :(

Alain Del-off

1 hour ago, Leon Brittan said:

A huge miss for the list 

Easy to say now but even in recent pics didn’t look bad for his age. And as noted earlier in the thread, was a notorious drama queen who was complaining about being at death’s door for years.

• Like 6

On 18/08/2024 at 08:01, Book said:

I’m absolutely shocked ! I thought that he would celebrate his 89th birthday while his health was declining ! Finally he died as the same age as Belmondo died in 2021.
2024 is really a dark year for French cinema…and the year is even not finished yet !

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

I’m absolutely shocked ! I thought that he would celebrate his 89th birthday in while his health was declining ! Finally he died as the same same as Belmondo died in 2021.
2024 is really a dark year for French cinema…and the year is even not finished !

You still have Bardot, Jean Sorel, Geneviève Page, Judith Magre, Brigitte Auber, Line Renaud...

2 minutes ago, drol said:

You still have Bardot, Jean Sorel, Geneviève Page, Judith Magre, Brigitte Auber, Line Renaud...

Anne Vernon, Monique Chaumette, Lise Bourdin, Pierre Richard, Genevieve Cluny and Marthe Villalonga.

• Like 2

Not a shock at all, but still surprised in a way. A miss for the list, I always said Bardot would outlive him and he would die in august, it reminded me of Jeanne Moreau. At least this Time it was not just attention seeking… 

I was in the plane from Tokyo when receiving the News. My last big trip was in New York when the queen died and I thought to myself : « who’s it gonna be this Time ? ». Not the Same caliber but I’d take Delon. 

• Like 2

Looking at old pics of him, and damn, he was handsome as hell.  RIP.  

Bardot's breathing difficulties led to her DL inclusion; Loren's emergency fall led to her inclusion on my shadowlist, but we were both wrong. Delon was the International 60s Icon we should have been looking at, who slipped through our fingers; and now those two ladies will see 2025, probably even 2026 at this rate.

RIP Jef

Did not realise he was a big backer of Jean-Marie Le Pen, as detailed in his Times obituary. 

France stands out by having A listers (or at least A listers of yesterday) back such causes. Delon, Bardot, Depardieu. 

Just doesn’t happen in the US/UK. Would signal the end of an acting career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did not realise he was a big backer of Jean-Marie Le Pen, as detailed in his Times obituary. 

France stands out by having A listers (or at least A listers of yesterday) back such causes. Delon, Bardot, Depardieu. 

Françoise Hardy was pretty right wing too, albeit more supportive of Macron.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The man was a jerk : sexist, racist, homophobic, he publicly admitted being   violent with his partners and was a jerk with his illegitimate son Ari, dead last year 

33 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The man was a jerk : sexist, racist, homophobic, he publicly admitted being   violent with his partners and was a jerk with his illegitimate son Ari, dead last year 

Thats awful!!

I once read an article (I dont remember where) that he had no problem with homosexuality or homosexuals

• Like 2

Yes, the way he treated his illegitimate son is the only thing I really despise about him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah, you've still got top A-listers like Lawrence Fox and Kevin Sorbo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That won’t happen again in France. At the time when Delon, Bardot, Depardieu started their career, people were more tolerant regarding others political opinions. And when Le Pen started to rise in the 80s their careers were already well established.

49 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

So ? Should we judge actors, singers… on their opinions ?

I prefer to judge them on their talents. For example I like Renaud’s songs though he is a leftist. On the other hand, I agree with a lot of Bardot’s opinions, but have always find her performances and movies boring…

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

So ? Should we judge actors, singers… on their opinions ?

I never said that. Delon was a tremendous actor, a french legend and his death marks the end of an era for french cinema, Just as will happen with Deneuve's death one day. I doubt hitting women, however, is something celebrities should be cleared off because of their fame ! Plus, there is nothing to be particularly proud of being a Le Pen's supporter in the 80's imo (even less than now)

• Like 3

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

I doubt hitting women, however, is something celebrities should be cleared off because of their fame ! 

What did he say exactly on that matter ?I don’t recall ?

5 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

I agree with a lot of Bardot’s opinions, but have always find her performances and movies boring…

I'm sorry, just to be clear, you agree with the opinions of a woman who has, to date, been fined six times for inciting racial hatred?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I'm sorry, just to be clear, you agree with the opinions of a woman who has, do date, been fined six times for inciting racial hatred?

Anyone who is critical about immigration can be charged with incitation to racial hatred, so the answer to your question is yes. But I said I agree with a lot of her opinions, not all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Anyone who is critical about immigration can be charged with incitation to racial hatred, so the answer to your question is yes.

I disagree.  It is possible to be anti-immigration without being racist.  I think there are many people who just want to put up a sign saying "Country Full".  They don't want any more immigrants of any colour, race or creed.

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

It is possible to be anti-immigration without being racist.  I think there are many people who just want to put up a sign saying "Country Full".  They don't want any more immigrants of any colour, race or creed.

I totally agree with you. But @Summer in Transylvania and I were talking about being charged for incitation to racial hatred.

And I think that in most of the cases, it is used to shut down any criticism on immigration.

• Like 1

I always associated Bardot more so with her animal rights activism than anything to do with immigration or race.

• Like 3