msc

The 3rd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2018 edition)

I didn't put her in because she isn't Deathlisty.  I wouldn't even say Elizabeth Gilbert was Deathlisty enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

I didn't put her in because she isn't Deathlisty.  I wouldn't even say Elizabeth Gilbert was Deathlisty enough.

I never said she was! Just bringing in the stats.

PS Elizabeth Gilbert surely wouldn't, being fringes of fame here - Rayya's widow. B)

3 minutes ago, msc said:

I never said she was! Just bringing in the stats.

No, but that's the idea of the CSDL isn't it?  Rule 5 says picks should be Deathlisty.

I was just sayin', that's why I didn't include her.

Just now, Toast said:

No, but that's the idea of the CSDL isn't it?  Rule 5 says picks should be Deathlisty.

I was just sayin', that's why I didn't include her.

Yep, but the combined democratic will of the forum sometimes has a different idea of what is Deathlisty (and tbh, sometimes the Cmme do too!). It does even out in the end though, mostly, I think.

Liz Gilbert is DeathListy.Rayya definitely wasn't.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Liz Gilbert is DeathListy.Rayya definitely wasn't.

Yeah, I heard of Liz Gilbert outside of the deathlist forums, so I think she is certainly deathlisty, and will get a BBC obit imo...

http://people.com/movies/johnathon-schaech-molested-franco-zeffirelli/

The 25th name on this deathlist Franco Zeffirelli has now been accused of sexual molestation by an actor. I'm not sure how aware of his surroundings and environment Franco is these days but if he is aware to a significant degree,  such accusations regardless of their truth, will likely be a huge source of distress and stress to someone his age. 

• Like 1

I won’t count for this, but if anyone else wants a poll to predict the first death of the Crowdsource list they can speak. Otherwise, it’ll slowly burn into the abyss of unused dead pool threads...

Diana Serra Cary - it's usually some random old person.

No comment on the thread, but it probably would need a subsection of its own if we're going to get more "who will die first" threads as they threaten to consume the deadpool games section.

In the defense of the thread starter, I thought it might've been a good idea to try to predict the deaths of the list the forum member created so comments such as we got a hit actually has some relevance. I also thought it was a good idea to slowly see if this will do better than last year and slowly see who actually predicted the next hit or so. 

On the comment of a new section, I think a poll section for the forums might be of good use considering the amount of (mostly bad) polls started nowadays. Just my thought though...

My bet is Nobby Stiles for first hit.

I'm pretty confident this list will outperform or at least perform as well as the committees deathlist. 

Some great picks on here. 

3 hours ago, Sean said:

My bet is Nobby Stiles for first hit.

If that came to be then that would be a really big ouch for the committee as a stinging reproof for their foolish error in dropping him from their list. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

If that came to be then that would be a really big ouch for the committee as a stinging reproof for their foolish error in dropping him from their list. 

They honestly deserve it. A similarly very foolish drop was General Wojciech Jaruzelski four years ago. That turned out to be fatal in a very mediocre year, though I suspect this year's list will do better than 2014...

• Like 3

I would like to have Joey`s  thread/Poll back. It is a great Crowd Sourced List this year, but of course everyone has their own ideas of whom they believed will go first. If the Poll is crap, it will die its own death anyway. So I say, Please give it a chance. Thanks for reading this.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I would like to have Joey`s  thread/Poll back. It is a great Crowd Sourced List this year, but of course everyone has their own ideas of whom they believed will go first. If the Poll is crap, it will die its own death anyway. So I say, Please give it a chance. Thanks for reading this.

Agreed 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

They honestly deserve it. A similarly very foolish drop was General Wojciech Jaruzelski four years ago. That turned out to be fatal in a very mediocre year, though I suspect this year's list will do better than 2014...

Yeah he is the worst drop since Jaruzelski.

9 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Alright, enough seem to want it unlocked so I've done so. Of course if it sinks quickly then that's probably a sign to not make any more.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I bet if CSDL was around in 2014 Jaruzelski would've been in the top 10 easily.

9 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I bet if CSDL was around in 2014 Jaruzelski would've been in the top 10 easily.

Now there's a thing. Past CSDL hits that weren't DL ones. Hitch and Dio come to mind immediately. Perhaps Tony Hart? Going by current style of voting, I'd assume Jimmy Dickens, Bob Benmosche, Percy Sledge and Colin Bloomfield would have stood a decent shot at making the 2015 list.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Now there's a thing. Past CSDL hits that weren't DL ones. Hitch and Dio come to mind immediately. Perhaps Tony Hart? Going by current style of voting, I'd assume Jimmy Dickens, Bob Benmosche, Percy Sledge and Colin Bloomfield would have stood a decent shot at making the 2015 list.

Of those latter four, I would only have considered Percy Sledge.  The others not Deathlisty enough for me.

Just now, Toast said:

Of those latter four, I would only have considered Percy Sledge.  The others not Deathlisty enough for me.

I agree, but note the phrasing.

It's weird to think how Percy Sledge was a cult DDP pick in 2015 considering most people knew who he was. If the D40 bonus existed then you'd have seen him championed a lot on forum, no doubt.

I doubt Benmosche would since his second bout wasn’t announced till 2015, though he might’ve today cause of people being more kind. Rubenstein also comes to mind. Maybe even Archbishop Christodolous since he would’ve been drop 40 if that was around then...

Dickens is a proper borderline case. Really it's impossible to call any member of the Opry "not famous", but if you have absolutely zero interest in country music he's not someone you'd have heard of.

The Aston Villa player who carked it in 2011 or 2012 whose name I've forgotten would have been a top 10er for the CSDL.