msc

The 3rd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2018 edition)

Just pm'd my list msc.  50 names, no cancer mums or FFBI's.

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year and Happy Burns Nicht to all.

• Like 1

Yep, and we're still waiting lists from regulars like @Sean, @gcreptile, @Death Impends (his list doesn't tend to come in till Hogmanay, but we're not forgetting him!), @Book, @Switch, etc etc.

The "12-50, not just 50" rule has encouraged a bunch of forum regulars to take part for the first time, too, which is nice.

Wait, does the 12-50 rule only count points for the amount of picks that are on the list, ie 1 - 12 points for 12 people as an example? 

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wait, does the 12-50 rule only count points for the amount of picks that are on the list, ie 1 - 12 points for 12 people as an example? 

On 11/3/2017 at 13:03, msc said:

THE RULES

Rules

1. Please send a list of celebrities you wish to vote for to msc, during the time period of 25th November to the 31st December 2017. The list must have a minimum of 12 names on it, and a maximum of 50.

2. Your 1st choice will gain 50 points, 2nd 49, etc etc to 50th which will gain 1 point.

If it were different, there'd be clarification.

I can only do one from the 29th on but it will come

• Like 1

Mine will probably come in around Christmas time, or a couple days after.

• Like 1

My Ladies will enter in a couple of days, don't panic! ;)

• Like 1

I'll be getting mine together over the weekend.

• Like 1

I will be entering in a few days.Working Xmas so will be about the 28th 29th.I am compiling the list on the back of work newspapers but only using final two birth years so no one catches on.Remembering who each year is especially when there are several from a certain year can be a bugger though.

• Like 1

Just sent my list,hopefully no one famous announces they have months to live in the next weeks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Just sent my list,hopefully no one famous announces they have months to live in the next weeks.

Got it!

All the breakable records at this point are going - points needed to qualify, most points by an individual, and so on. And even then, there's 31 names who can jump into the top 50 with a single vote, and a few still to vote as they've mentioned above. All to play for.

I can see it in my inbox, @Death Impends! Shall add it to the masterlist in a bit, just in from Christmas dinner at mums and slowly gaining my whereabouts to check how many shortlisters died today. :D

Not Joni Mitchell, and what do people in England know about her anyway?

She sings a lot better than the singers of today.

If a rapper passed, I wouldn't care.

I loved her song, "Help Me I Think I'm Falling In Love Again"

That just gave my age away.

I pray to G-d that we don't get a bunch of deaths on last days of December, like we did last year.

This Christmas, I got asked what I wanted, and I said socks. Because I'd run out of them, you see. They just disappear in the wash, somehow. Anyhow, everyone got the same idea and I now have lots and lots of socks for presents this Christmas. Everywhere I turn, there is socks heading in my general direction. So many I had to put some away for later: one or two socks is OK but after 5 or 6 you start to make editorial house decisions for what to do with them.

Anyhow, there's a completely off topic story about socks and me for you all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

This Christmas, I got asked what I wanted, and I said socks. Because I'd run out of them, you see. They just disappear in the wash, somehow. Anyhow, everyone got the same idea and I now have lots and lots of socks for presents this Christmas. Everywhere I turn, there is socks heading in my general direction. So many I had to put some away for later: one or two socks is OK but after 5 or 6 you start to make editorial house decisions for what to do with them.

I've had a similar experience, but with cheese.

All my Ladies are in, msc! :D

11 minutes ago, Book said:

All my Ladies are in, msc! :D

In where? If PM, it didn't reach me!

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 14:04, msc said:

Talk about sox all you want; I love sox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/12/2017 at 05:50, JTrost1234 said:

Not Joni Mitchell, and what do people in England know about her anyway?

She sings a lot better than the singers of today.

If a rapper passed, I wouldn't care.

I loved her song, "Help Me I Think I'm Falling In Love Again"

That just gave my age away.

I pray to G-d that we don't get a bunch of deaths on last days of December, like we did last year.

When Joni had a stroke 2 years ago it made the news here in Britain.She is a big name but is not that well known amongst youngsters except for both sides now being prominent in love actually.

56 minutes ago, msc said:

In where? If PM, it didn't reach me!

Second try!

Rose Marie was in 452nd place or something daft. No worries there.

Carmen Franco was in 43rd place. In come lots of sub points which don't change much.

Without spoiling things, as it stands after 30 lists

50.   155 points

---

51. 155 points

52. 154 points

53. 152 points

54 149 points

55 148 points

56 142 points

57 138 points

58. 138 points

59. 137 points

60 136 points

I won't carry on, you get the point: ludicrously close even now.  And we're talking big deadpooling names too.

At this point, the only list still expected is Sean. Spade and DDT might get lists in but I'm not going to push them. Others like, oh, TMIB, charon, LB, Dead Cow, Sir Creep to name but a few are more than welcome to put in a list of 12 names (or more) at this stage if they want.

• Like 1

Will submit mine later. sadly am 12 hour shifts until new year so will have to upload my shadow list as my entry.I will try to make it as close to the 25 over from this year's Crowdsourced Dl but there I am sure will still be a handful of dropped names.Apologies.

No worries Sean, looking forward to it.

12 hour shifts sound hellish, tbh.