Paul Bearer

WTF is happening in London?

I actually got a njordknife from London last year.

Very good knife.

Even came through post....

Eta...

It now sleeps with the fishes 

respects.gif.8831dddbcdde62b1c2990988768fbb15.gif

Just remember it has been the weapon of choice in London for over 25 years of my memory. They just use it more hardcore these days. Used to be used as a threat. Mate on his first trip to London in 1990s got a knife put against his neck and asked for the pin number of his card. Gave the number and all walked off. Now it seems he would have been stabbed first. 

I'd be amongst the first to admit that Simon Jenkins can be a dick and one that has little connection with ordinary folk to boot. However this appears not far off the mark.

Includes the following:

Study after study from New York’s Brennan Center for Justice has found no causal relationship between urban crime and incarceration, sentencing or police numbers. The anti-gun lobby might note that nor is there a relation between gun crime and local gun controls. Crime appears to be a function not of official policy, but of social conditions.

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

It is impossible in evolutionary terms for there to have been any significant change in human genetic makeup over the last 50 years (or 500). If one accepts this then it is also impossible that the current younger generation are somehow genetically predisposed to this type of behaviour, this only leaves environmental factors. 

Environmental factors affecting so many people are only possible on a national or international basis.  Certainly parents are the major influence on their children but their own moral compass is not formed in a vacuum.

There will always be bad individual behaviour for any number of reasons, but on a societal scale one must look elsewhere. For me that's governments, globalisation favouring large corporations and critically the self-serving behaviour of the elite that control both.

Total co-incidence that this narrative concurs with my anti-establishment / anti elitist agenda.....:rolleyes:

No, as someone who is witnessing first hand the effects of juvenile delinquency I can tell you corporations and globalisation is not to blame. The real issue is too many parents let their kids run wild and do whatever the hell they want without any guidance or discipline. This kids grow up with no sense of a work ethnic or discipline and thus turn to crime to pass the crime. The worst part is they can befriend kids without these problems and make them delinquents as well and becuase of that I now have a 12 year old brother who drinks, smokes and likely does weed. My parents are decent but seem too hesitant to put their foots down with him and often let him off to his own devices. 

• Thanks 1

Yes.

No offence, but 'your parents' and 'your brother' have zero bearing on the original supposition which is that crime in London has got worse.

Anecdata, is the current portmanteau used to describe such 'evidence'.

Even if...

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

The real issue is too many parents let their kids run wild and do whatever the hell they want without any guidance or discipline.

...is taken at face value, why is this any worse now than previously? And if indeed is true (which hasn't been proven) what caused it?

Besides, you're a long way from London ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Yes.

No offence, but 'your parents' and 'your brother' have zero bearing on the original supposition which is that crime in London has got worse.

Anecdata, is the current portmanteau used to describe such 'evidence'.

Even if...

...is taken at face value, why is this any worse now than previously? And if indeed is true (which hasn't been proven) what caused it?

Besides, you're a long way from London ;)

The number of murders in London has been mucher lower than normal since about 2012, it only makes sense that it would increase, which it did last year and has again this year so far. The stats began in 1990, on current trends this year than 18 of those years. There was no way the low levels of homicides was ever going to continue forever. It's not as hellish as the 1990s yet and homicides are relatively low.

55 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He threatened them with a right stabbing if they prosecuted him...:lol:

But only after he invited them round to his house.

I went to that London today, and survived.

its because of Victorian time lead pipes in London every one who cant afford bottled water gets lead poisoning

when will they replace those damn pipes

• Like 1

Incidentally, London's murder rate, and recent changes in it, is nothing exceptional compared to the UK overall: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/05/how-does-londons-spate-of-killings-compare-with-other-cities

The last available homicide rate in London of 12.2 per million is well below the highest in England and Wales, which is seen in Greater Manchester with 19.1 homicides per million people.  Which in turn is much less than, say, the USA average of 49 per million people, or the global average of 62 per million people.

EDIT: And even if we were to go just on the basis of the recent spike in the last three months, 50 homicides from a population of 10 million in 3 months equates to 20 per million in a year. High for the UK, but not massive globally.

• Like 2

More shootings in London and Manchester. Thirteen year old bystander shot in the head by a stray pellet. A 39 year old man arrested. 39? FFS. 

some year back I was looking at the murder rates in the world and was surprised to find that Italy had a very low one then I looked at the rates for missing people and Italy was one of the highest

On 07/05/2018 at 22:51, runebomme said:

some year back I was looking at the murder rates in the world and was surprised to find that Italy had a very low one then I looked at the rates for missing people and Italy was one of the highest

Well those motorway flyovers don’t just stand by themselves..... ;) 

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 22:51, runebomme said:

Ineffective police force. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Ineffective police force. 

They do what they're paid to do....

• Like 2

On 05/07/2018 at 22:43, Paul Bearer said:

More shootings in London and Manchester. Thirteen year old bystander shot in the head by a stray pellet. A 39 year old man arrested. 39? FFS. 

"Pellet"?

Not exactly a shooting then.

Growing population, snowflakes, drugs, gonna happen thats shit gonna happen.

Need another War to get rid of the chaff.

Or another Spanish Flu.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, charon said:

"Pellet"?

Or another Spanish Flu.

Vote for Charon.

You know it makes sense.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better fucking believe it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charon said:

"Pellet"?

Or another Spanish Flu.

Ok, my bad. A shotgun pellet. 

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Ok, my bad. A shotgun pellet. 

'A' = 'one'.

Nothing to see move on etc.

I blame the police.

Bunch of ugly fuckers, the yoof ain't gonna get all lawful with them around.

We should take a leaf from Mr Putin.

He gets the Russian policewoman to sign up without looking like sacks of sand with a wig on.

4C02D8BE00000578-5708585-image-a-195_152

4C02D8A800000578-5708585-image-a-228_152

23 minutes ago, charon said:

'A' = 'one'.

Nothing to see move on etc.

I blame the police.

Bunch of ugly fuckers, the yoof ain't gonna get all lawful with them around.

We should take a leaf from Mr Putin.

He gets the Russian policewoman to sign up without looking like sacks of sand with a wig on.

4C02D8BE00000578-5708585-image-a-195_152

4C02D8A800000578-5708585-image-a-228_152

what no stockings

Its their day off.....