Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

Kenny Rogers

Recommended Posts

On 05/04/2018 at 03:50, Szabaka said:

Good idea, after all he knows when to hold them and when to fold them. 

somewhere in the darkness, the singer he broke even..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I knew I'd regret not picking him in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I'll post the Obit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51986611

 

He becomes my first and probably only hit for my TOTP Theme Team, just under a year after Ranking Roger carked it in 2019. RIP.

 

The 1983 release of Islands In The Stream actually hit its highest position in 1984, charting at #7 in January. So as per usual, got to post it:

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see him go.Coward of the County is one of my all time favourite songs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was the seventh best contributor to the We Are The World song\video in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly,

He knew when to hold ‘em

Knew when to fold ‘em

Knew when to walk away 

Knew when to run....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We Are The World" vocallists ranked by strength of their career output imho.

 

  1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Billy Joel
  3. Daryl Hall
  4. Kenny Loggins
  5. Kenny Rogers
  6. Michael Jackson
  7. Stevie Wonder
  8. Steve Perry
  9. Paul Simon
  10. Lionel Richie
  11. James Ingram
  12. Ray Charles
  13. Willie Nelson
  14. Diana Ross
  15. Tina Turner
  16. Cyndi Lauper
  17. Bob Dylan
  18. Huey Lewis
  19. Kim Carnes
  20. Al Jarreau
  21. Dionne Warwick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"We Are The World" vocallists ranked by strength of their career output imho.

 

  1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Billy Joel
  3. Daryl Hall
  4. Kenny Loggins
  5. Kenny Rogers
  6. Michael Jackson
  7. Stevie Wonder
  8. Steve Perry
  9. Paul Simon
  10. Lionel Richie
  11. James Ingram
  12. Ray Charles
  13. Willie Nelson
  14. Diana Ross
  15. Tina Turner
  16. Cyndi Lauper
  17. Bob Dylan
  18. Huey Lewis
  19. Kim Carnes
  20. Al Jarreau
  21. Dionne Warwick

Fucking hell, Kenny Loggins outguns Dionne Warwick.

The world really has gone to shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"We Are The World" vocallists ranked by strength of their career output imho.

 

  1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Billy Joel
  3. Daryl Hall
  4. Kenny Loggins
  5. Kenny Rogers
  6. Michael Jackson
  7. Stevie Wonder
  8. Steve Perry
  9. Paul Simon
  10. Lionel Richie
  11. James Ingram
  12. Ray Charles
  13. Willie Nelson
  14. Diana Ross
  15. Tina Turner
  16. Cyndi Lauper
  17. Bob Dylan
  18. Huey Lewis
  19. Kim Carnes
  20. Al Jarreau
  21. Dionne Warwick

Hang on, Michael Jackson at 6??! Billie Joel sold 150 million albums, Jackson 750 Million...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, just dropping songs into the List of Lost show for next year - Rogers best-known output a bit too mainstream for us but..."Condition (Just Dropped in)" is okay, so he's in a double shot with Genesis P. Orridge. Leaves me wondering what the two of them would have said if they'd ever met.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranking of the We are the World vocalists based on their performance in that song:

Cyndi Lauper

Bruce Springsteen

Bob Dylan

Michael Jackson +

Willie Nelson

Steve Perry

Kenny Rogers +

Dionne Warwick 

Stevie Wonder

Huey Lewis

Diana Ross

Daryl Hall

Ray Charles +

Paul Simon
Lionel Richie

James Ingram +

Kenny Loggins

Tina Turner

Billy Joel

Al Jarreau +
Kim Carnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Ranking of the We are the World vocalists based on their performance in that song:

Cyndi Lauper

Bruce Springsteen

Bob Dylan

Michael Jackson +

Willie Nelson

Steve Perry

Kenny Rogers +

Dionne Warwick 

Stevie Wonder

Huey Lewis

Diana Ross

Daryl Hall

Ray Charles +

Paul Simon
Lionel Richie

James Ingram

Kenny Loggins

Tina Turner

Billy Joel

Al Jarreau +
Kim Carnes

James Ingram died last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, Kenny Loggins outguns Dionne Warwick.

The world really has gone to shit.

Like Castro, history will absolve Kenny Loggins of his sins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

He was the seventh best contributor to the We Are The World song\video in my opinion.

Agreed, Kenny looked damned good in a white graphic t shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just dropped dead to see what condition his mortician was in. I remember him from The Big Lebowski soundtrack. RIP.:rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2020 at 00:13, Steve said:

James Ingram died last year 

 

So the next one to go from the list will be ... Willie Nelson presumably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use