Gooseberry Crumble

Rosalynn Carter

there are now no surviving serving first ladies from before the 27th amendment.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Insane said:

Deal is a deal, @Sean what charity do you want me to give €10 to?

(RIP to Rosalynn)

Give the money to a mental health charity as it was such an important and dear cause that was very close to Mrs Carters heart. You can decide which one as I am not sure which charities over in the US are high quality as you have to be careful which organisations you send money to.

• Like 12

After the hospice announcement I already had a hunch she'd go before Jimmy would, but I didn't expect it to be this fast.

• Like 6

Who died first Rosalynn Carter or Joss Ackland?

• Like 2

Who would have thought that Bess Truman’s record would still hold after 41 years. Lady Bird, Betty, Nancy, Barbara and Rosalyn all came close though. 

Laura’s now the oldest, Hillary the earliest-serving and last First Lady of the 20th century.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Sean said:

Give the money to a mental health charity as it was such an important and dear cause that was very close to Mrs Carters heart. You can decide which one as I am not sure which charities over in the US are high quality as you have to be careful which organisations you send money to.

Made sense to give it to the carter center. (blacked out is personal info)

image_2023-11-19_173503654.png

Edited by Insane
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Insane said:

Made sense to give it to the carter center. (blacked out is personal info)

image_2023-11-19_173503654.png

Good gesture ! Mental health is a good cause too

• Like 4

That really was quick, a VERY short time on Hospice.  So sorry to see her gone, I think Jimmy will follow very quickly!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Trome said:

Who died first Rosalynn Carter or Joss Ackland?

Looks like it was Joss, can't swear to it- did they go up on the board at the same time?

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 06:30, Fridaythe13th said:

Agreed. 
hopefully she goes first. 

You got your wish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Laura Bush now assumes the title as oldest living former First Lady of the United States.

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

Fucks sake, took a nap and now the DL is tied with me. The list will probably surpass 2017 considering how many frail and just old picks are still alive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Laura Bush now assumes the title as oldest living former First Lady of the United States.

Hillary is now the only living person to have been a US First Lady in the 20th century (to Bill Clinton)

Hillary is one of two known living people to have been in a relationship with an incumbent president in the 20th century (both to Bill Clinton)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

How long do we give Jimmy now guys? Will he make it to Rosalynn's funeral even? I'll be generous & say mid-December.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craigerz said:

How long do we give Jimmy now guys? Will he make it to Rosalynn's funeral even? I'll be generous & say mid-December.

Actually, not sure his death is imminent. At this point i can see him reach 2024 but it’ll be difficult. I think he’ll be surrounded by all his family and everything more than ever… 

was trying to figure out the reaction of the family When they learnt that Rosalynn was the first one to go. That is still wild to me 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 23:17, Lafaucheuse said:

so the probability for another Barbara-then-George is quite slow imo

Wrong….

On 04/04/2023 at 18:09, dimreaper said:

I honestly don't think it's impossible she could pass before Jimmy.

the facepalm reaction didn’t age well

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ngl I never saw Rosalynn dying before Jimmy, RIP

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Actually, not sure his death is imminent. At this point i can see him reach 2024 but it’ll be difficult. I think he’ll be surrounded by all his family and everything more than ever… 

was trying to figure out the reaction of the family When they learnt that Rosalynn was the first one to go. That is still wild to me 

The guy had brain cancer in his 90's and has been in hospice care for most of this year.  The dude might live to be 110; nothing would surprise me with him anymore!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Just wanted to point out to @mymango who face palmed this comment back in April. I was right and you were wrong.

Fair enough.

Edited by mymango
RIP Rosalynn
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, FasuTutsami said:

Hillary is now the only living person to have been a US First Lady in the 20th century (to Bill Clinton)

Hillary is one of two known living people to have been in a relationship with an incumbent president in the 20th century (both to Bill Clinton)

Two?!

• Like 1

Jimmy Carter: “As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

Meaning no one loves or supports Jimmy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Craigerz said:

Two possibilities I see happening. Either he'll die within a couple of days or weeks, or he'll give hospice care the biggest "fuck you" in DL history and somehow live to mid 2024 only to die just short of his 100th birthday.

• Like 2

It must be awful for Jimmy, he knew Rosalynn since literally the week she was born as his mother was the midwife who delivered her. And then to see out her whole life & be left behind after his wife of nearly 80 years had gone.

• Like 3