Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Waiting For A Train is one of my all-time top tunes.  Never heard this one before.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2022 at 14:33, maryportfuncity said:

Simon Groom - I have that abomination, haven't inflicted it on the listeners, yet! There's a weekly World's Worst Records Show (easily found online and presented by a guy called Darryl Bullock who may be Britain's greatest authority on audio shite offered for sale, just sayin' 

Came across Bullock's show when looking for proof that a certain song actually does exist and wasn't just Discogs vandalism, and yes it does. If you want what has to be a bottom 10 song ever recorded, here's The Strawbs' seminal left-wing rabble-rouser "Part of the Union" covered by... Jim Davidson.

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Came across Bullock's show when looking for proof that a certain song actually does exist and wasn't just Discogs vandalism, and yes it does. If you want what has to be a bottom 10 song ever recorded, here's The Strawbs' seminal left-wing rabble-rouser "Part of the Union" covered by... Jim Davidson.

Thanks, I think

Incidentally, it pains me to say Darryl Bullock is now making so much money as a best selling author he's packed up his weekly digest of audio shite - because I found loads of left field gems after hearing his show.

Finally got round to watching Saltburn last night. Loved it. Obviously Murder on the Dancefloor saw a bit of a resurgence off the back of that scene at the end but tbh the song that's been lodged in my head since is this:

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Finally got round to watching Saltburn last night. Loved it. Obviously Murder on the Dancefloor saw a bit of a resurgence off the back of that scene at the end but tbh the song that's been lodged in my head since is this:

I agree with you and I would have liked to see and hear more from Farleigh in this scene. It seemed like he could sing well and it looked like he could move even hotter... ahem... I mean better, of course... :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Book said:

I agree with you and I would have liked to see and hear more from Farleigh in this scene. It seemed like he could sing well and it looked like he could move even hotter... ahem... I mean better, of course... :P

Yes, yes and fuckin' yes :D

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Book said:

I don't think you chaps have much to complain about :lol:

.... oh no, we're back to massive cocks again .....

A little transcendental chi this morning.

A Belarusian stand-up comedian performing under the pseudonym Pan Savyan has recorded a hit song in Polish, "W Kolorku Amaretto". The song performed by the daughter of the president of a ketchup company will go to Eurovision, and the song about Amaretto-coloured eyes will be stuck in our ears forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw63L_BIoMw

UK's Eurovision entry this year:

Love Eurovision, love Olly, the song is good, you're not gonna change my mind about any of that.

• Like 1

So  soothing

This classic came on in the car this morning. I repeated it twice. It's still in my head and distracting me from my work now.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 09:31, TQR said:

This classic came on in the car this morning. I repeated it twice. It's still in my head and distracting me from my work now.

From their album New Miserable Experience, an underrated “break up” album in my view.

• Like 2

Does anyone here like the band Dire Straits Legacy? They're coming to my city and I want to go to the show

BBC News website made me aware of India's version of Little Mix called W.i.S.H.

• Like 1

A podcast I won't name, as it features someone on my 2025 DDP shortlist explaining why they're stopping doing what they do for a living. I've heard it's due to severe health reasons, but I've not heard anything confirming that so far.

This band was a friend of mine/my band on MySpace way back when, but the death of that platform pre-YouTube and they became a mere memory.  So tonight I tried once again to try to remember their name or songs/album that I enjoyed so much back around 2006-07.  But how do you search when you have nothing to go by other than they were from Vancouver/Victoria BC?  Perseverance paid off!  I finally found them an hour ago!  One of the great pieces of album art of all time if nothing else.

• Like 1

Some elite Manics, better than the (still good) ones in the current KoS.

• Like 2

Some old school Manics.

I had actually forgotten about this one. Tempted to hunt down a copy of Ruby Trax for this alone.

• Like 1

Was idly working away this afternoon to the strains of the first David Gilmour solo album, incl.this, which I hadn't heard in ages: 

• Like 1

Not that the song is that good, but the video is pretty cool

• Like 2

Happy Louie Louie Day 

• Like 1

I could vote for them in a poll and care where they end up. Just to take it out of that thread. Goddamn I'm old. Sorry.

Oh and there's absolutlely loads more, that's about 10 mins of trawling for something better than Sheeran Swift or your latest boy band or K-pop :P. I know, I know, but seems to me at least there's some variety (and no rap :P) off to search for a decent rap, I may be some time.

• Like 3