Paul Bearer

Prince Andrew

I'm sure James Naughtie, who was commentating on the procession of the coffin from Holyrood House to St Giles', was explaining that Andrew was not in uniform, unlike his brothers and sister, because he is no longer a working royal. He then suggested, although I may have misheard or misunderstood, that the only exception would be for the vigil at the coffin, when he would be in uniform. However, when the vigil came about, he was still in a morning suit, but notably so was the King. I'm wondering whether Charles vetoed him wearing uniform and chose not to either to help him save face. Either that, or the exception will be the vigil in London. Guess we'll see in a day or two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

. However, when the vigil came about, he was still in a morning suit, but notably so was the King.

Wasn't the King wearing a kilt for the vigil?  I've only been dipping in and out, so may be confused.  I did think there was a lot of changing of outfits going on.

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

Wasn't the King wearing a kilt for the vigil?  I've only been dipping in and out, so may be confused.  I did think there was a lot of changing of outfits going on.

Yes a kilt (cos it's Scotland) but otherwise a suit. Civilian dress I suppose I meant, rather than uniform, which is what Anne and Edward wore for the vigil. The i newspaper today suggests I was mistaken and Andrew will wear uniform only for the vigil in Westminster Hall later this week.

On 12/09/2022 at 21:28, Toast said:

I'm not interested in him banging a sex worker, and he should not be branded a paedophile as it is legal here to have sexual activity with a physically mature 17 year old.

He is, however, universally disliked for being unpleasant, entitled and arrogant. 

The issue wasn't her age - it was the fact she'd effectively been trafficked as part of the sex work and other exploitation - that's what the threatened trial in the US would have examined, before the charitable donation put a stop to the action. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The issue wasn't her age - it was the fact she'd effectively been trafficked as part of the sex work and other exploitation - that's what the threatened trial in the US would have examined, before the charitable donation put a stop to the action. 

I'm aware of that.  My issue is with people claiming that her age makes him a paedophile.

As for her.  I'd better not say what I think. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Probably also worried what other stuff would have come out during the trial.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Probably also worried what other stuff would have come out during the trial.

Yeah, like his sweat!

I keep telling myself I'll lay off posting brutal memes on this thread. I mean, the man's had a hard time lately, not helped by the will he/won't he be allowed debate over wearing uniform to mourn his mum and the Scots person who shouted "Sick old man" at him a few days back. But then, I see another meme, and...

306701203_10228628251072281_208930738813

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I keep thinking at some point we will hear that him and Sarah have remarried in a private ceremony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I keep thinking at some point we will hear that him and Sarah have remarried in a private ceremony. 

I thought they would after Prince Philip died.  Maybe they did.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought they would after Prince Philip died.  Maybe they did.

I imagine it would have come out if they had. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Sounds like he is a suicide risk then?

He cannot elope with Fergie as they live in a very nice house (smaller than Southyork of course) on the Windsor estate. Apart from the Epstein connection, his rudeness (contempt?) for staff continues to be referred to whenever any Royal-linked book is serialised. However, Margaret did not come out well in the book by her former lady in waiting (who introduced her to Roddy Llewelyan) even though she tried to concentrate on Margaret's positive points. Charles also appears extremely petulant & needy even though he does not appear as rude to staff as Andrew or as 'distant/posh/royal' as Margaret & Anne.

11 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Sounds like he is a suicide risk then?

Not sure of that, think he might medicate himself into an early grave with a tonnage of snacks, mind. There is supposedly a forthcoming book going into detail on his financial dealings - something that's been of interest to journalists for ages on the basis of the mismatch between official income and lavish lifestyle. Options very limited, given the fecklessness that's clearly been passed onto his daughters who appear unable to hold down serious work. I'm a Celeb would be a waste too - likely voted out after having noshed a roo's todger, and he's a diet and fitness regime short of suitable for Strictly. 

• Like 1

If we discard the Giuffre accusations as being a stitch-up, I still think Andrew deserves everything he's getting simply for being so horrible.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

If we discard the Giuffre accusations as being a stitch-up, I still think Andrew deserves everything he's getting simply for being so horrible.

He's guilty of keeping bad company  or bad association if nothing else. 

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

_127793973_sun-nc.jpg.webp

This man evidently lives in your head rent free.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This man evidently lives in your head rent free.

Aye, sort of thing - just think him a yardstick by which we measure how far we're (as in this country) prepared to tackle privilege etc. According to a story in today's Sunday Times he was already told his best way back to public life was to do a Profumo - i.e. substantial charity work out of public sight - and he apparently balked at the idea. One of ours, frankly, a bit like Trump in case the karma does finally catch up with him. Seriously, he won't want the house arrest in Windsor that's - kind of - his only current option and without security he is significantly higher risk of something really unfortunate. 

12 current picks on DDP (incl. my Kiddyfiddler Harriers theme team), I confidently predict a significant upsurge of interest in him for 2023.

I'm not defending him but it's as well to remember that nothing criminal has been proved against him.  IMO he was chosen as a soft target.

He is, though, a deeply unpleasant person so he deserves to have misery heaped upon him for that alone.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

_128117945_thesun.png.webp

Bit of a non-story (as far as I can tell without reading it) :evil2:

Andrew doesn't live in BP,  and since he is no longer a working royal, he doesn't need an office there.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Bit of a non-story (as far as I can tell without reading it) :evil2:

Andrew doesn't live in BP,  and since he is no longer a working royal, he doesn't need an office there.

Nothing to see here.

It will help deflect from the Meghan cunts’ ‘but what about Prince Andrew’ horseshit. 

• Like 2