Joey Russ

The 2020 Deathlist Cup

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I"m pretty sure Biblio meant James Lipton not Watson.

Considering I was the person who played Yuri Oganessian in one deadpool competition it will probably be the elderly scientist rather than ...........whoever James Lipton was......

• Like 1

My pick David Bissell is still kicking, but his twin brother (who was in a similar predicament) has died and received a Mail obit...

Such is life.

6 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

My pick David Bissell is still kicking, but his twin brother (who was in a similar predicament) has died and received a Mail obit...

Such is life.

If your Bissell dies it'll be a clean sweep.

• Haha 2

Tad late, but my predictions for Round 2:

Skinny Kiltrunner V JiroemonKimura: Close one. Tied on points with Skinny winning the tiebreak, once again.

Grobler V John Key: I seriously doubt Tom Smith is much longer for this world, so the Kiwi ex-PM will get it.

The Engineer V Grim Up NorthGUN's picks look more frail at the moment.

YoungWillz V Wormfarmer: YW has plenty of interesting punts but it's more likely to go Wormy's way.

Bibliogryphon V msc: Our host-emeritus has a stronger (frailer) looking team.

Torva Messor V gcreptile: The Reptile has a habit of picking people I've never fucking heard of. And I'm willing to believe they've only got hours to live.

Banana V Spade_Cooley: Interesting. Few names (and joker) in common. Could be very tight. I'll go Banana just to see him get pissed off at being in yet another extremely difficult draw.

The Quim Reaper V Deathray: Fuck. Deathers. More chance of plaiting my own piss than winning. Ever. Arse burgers.

maryportfuncity V DeadsoxMPFC, based on my belief that T Smith off of rugby is about to cark.

theoldlady V DeathByArsenic: A few on DBA's team I've never heard of. I'm gonna say theoldlady to show solidarity to fellow deadpoolers who pick reasonably common-knowledge names, though this is a bit of a shit prediction as I don't necessarily believe it.

An Fear Beag V alt obits guy: I'm gonna give the win to An Fear Beag, and the missing 'e' in his name too.

DevonDeathTrip V Book: Could easily go either way so I'll say DDT as I beat Book last year so he must be shit :lol: 

Sir Creep V Joey Russ: He's only here by default, but this will be a legit win for the Creep.

Captain Chorizo V HDS: Don't know. Tossed a coin and it told me HDS.

Death Impends V Etushispushingupdaisies: Etushithishiutuihssihsihiutishi had a mare in the randomiser. DI.

Clorox Bleachman V FixedBusiness: I'll go Clorox based on a strong start.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Tad late, but my predictions for Round 3:

Skinny Kiltrunner V JiroemonKimura: Close one. Tied on points with Skinny winning the tiebreak, once again.

Grobler V John Key: I seriously doubt Tom Smith is much longer for this world, so the Kiwi ex-PM will get it.

The Engineer V Grim Up NorthGUN's picks look more frail at the moment.

YoungWillz V Wormfarmer: YW has plenty of interesting punts but it's more likely to go Wormy's way.

Bibliogryphon V msc: Our host-emeritus has a stronger (frailer) looking team.

Torva Messor V gcreptile: The Reptile has a habit of picking people I've never fucking heard of. And I'm willing to believe they've only got hours to live.

Banana V Spade_Cooley: Interesting. Few names (and joker) in common. Could be very tight. I'll go Banana just to see him get pissed off at being in yet another extremely difficult draw.

The Quim Reaper V Deathray: Fuck. Deathers. More chance of plaiting my own piss than winning. Ever. Arse burgers.

maryportfuncity V DeadsoxMPFC, based on my belief that T Smith off of rugby is about to cark.

theoldlady V DeathByArsenic: A few on DBA's team I've never heard of. I'm gonna say theoldlady to show solidarity to fellow deadpoolers who pick reasonably common-knowledge names, though this is a bit of a shit prediction as I don't necessarily believe it.

An Fear Beag V alt obits guy: I'm gonna give the win to An Fear Beag, and the missing 'e' in his name too.

DevonDeathTrip V Book: Could easily go either way so I'll say DDT as I beat Book last year so he must be shit :lol: 

Sir Creep V Joey Russ: He's only here by default, but this will be a legit win for the Creep.

Captain Chorizo V HDS: Don't know. Tossed a coin and it told me HDS.

Death Impends V Etushispushingupdaisies: Etushithishiutuihssihsihiutishi had a mare in the randomiser. DI.

Clorox Bleachman V FixedBusiness: I'll go Clorox based on a strong start.

D'ya know what, that's the first time I'd sussed Deadsox hasn't even picked my joker (who incidentally isn't listed as joker on the masterlist but is on my team in the post below)

No pressure on Smith, like - but he always did his best to win a match!

• Like 1

Rip Oliver is dead according to multiple Twitter reports. Awaiting obit....

So Rip Oliver is dead. Rip to him. May he forever Rest In Peace. RIP. 

Super bad joke aside, he was a very popular pick in this round including multiple jokers. So where do we begin? 

Well, many teams are now drawer since he was super popular. Skinny vs Jiroemon, Banana vs Spade, Fear Beag vs AO Guy all are still neck and neck because they both share Oliver. Chorizo and HDS as well, since both of them picked him as their joker. Then, both Torva and Reptile had him, but Torva picked Oliver as his joker. Still, a long ways to go mind. Death Impends showing why he’s among the best and takes a 6 point lead for Oliver. Book also jokered him when DDT didn’t have him, although it’s only a 3 point lead rather than a 6 point one since DDT did have Asa Ellison. Msc said he was expecting to be beaten by Biblio, but the early Oliver hit shows that his team can’t really be underestimated. So who’s left? Well, Sir Creep expands his lead against me, making my chances of making a comeback very grim indeed. Perhaps more grim though is FixedBusiness. Clorox is now ahead of him by 9 points. So maybe I won’t face the biggest squonking after all...

1. Skinny Kiltrunner vs JiroemonKimura 3 - 3

2. Grobler vs John Key 0 - 0

3. Engineer vs Grim 0 - 0 

4. YoungWillz vs Wormfarmer 0 - 0 

5. Bibliogryphon vs msc 0 - 3 

6. Torva vs Reptile 6 - 3

7. Banana vs Spade_Cooley 6 - 6

8. Quim Reaper vs Deathray 0 - 0 

9. Maryport vs Deadsox 0 - 0 

10. Oldlady vs DeathByArsenic 0 - 6 

11. An Fear Bag vs Alt Obits Guy 3 - 3

12. DDT vs Book 3 - 6

13. Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 6 - 0 

14. Chorizo vs HDS 6 - 6

15. Death Impends vs Ethushishispushingupdaisies 6 - 0 

16. Clorox vs FixedBusiness 9 - 0 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So Rip Oliver is dead. Rip to him. May he forever Rest In Peace. RIP. 

Super bad joke aside, he was a very popular pick in this round including multiple jokers. So where do we begin? 

Well, many teams are now drawer since he was super popular. Skinny vs Jiroemon, Banana vs Spade, Fear Beag vs AO Guy all are still neck and neck because they both share Oliver. Chorizo and HDS as well, since both of them picked him as their joker. Then, both Torva and Reptile had him, but Torva picked Oliver as his joker. Still, a long ways to go mind. Death Impends showing why he’s among the best and takes a 6 point lead for Oliver. Book also jokered him when DDT didn’t have him, although it’s only a 3 point lead rather than a 6 point one since DDT did have Asa Ellison. Msc said he was expecting to be beaten by Biblio, but the early Oliver hit shows that his team can’t really be underestimated. So who’s left? Well, Sir Creep expands his lead against me, making my chances of making a comeback very grim indeed. Perhaps more grim though is FixedBusiness. Clorox is now ahead of him by 9 points. So maybe I won’t face the biggest squonking after all...

1. Skinny Kiltrunner vs JiroemonKimura 3 - 3

7. Banana vs Spade_Cooley 6 - 6

11. An Fear Bag vs Alt Obits Guy 3 - 6

12. DDT vs Book 3 - 6

13. Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 6 - 0 

14. Chorizo vs HDS 6 - 6

Much as I'd like to be in the lead, it should read 3-3, instead of 3-6 for the draw I'm in.

Just now, alt obits guy said:

Much as I'd like to be in the lead, it should read 3-3, instead of 3-6 for the draw I'm in.

You saw nothing. I didn’t make an error because I’m feeling super ill right now, honest. :blush:

Just now, Joey Russ said:

You saw nothing. I didn’t make an error because I’m feeling super ill right now, honest. :blush:

You're right, I must have seen nothing.  I guess it comes from getting up at 5:30am to go to work. :sleep:

K Anbazhagan has died, and it shakes up a couple of ties. Jiroemon and Banana have now taken the lead in their respective ties, which makes things interesting for sure. But do Skinny and Spade have a comeback planned? We’ll have to wait and see. DDT also takes a lead in his tie against Book vía joker points. The last person who had him? Er, Sir Creep. Who’s giving me a very strong squonking for sure...

1. Skinny Kiltrunner vs JiroemonKimura 3 - 6

7. Banana vs Spade_Cooley 9 - 6

11. An Fear Bag vs Alt Obits Guy 3 - 3

12. DDT vs Book 9 - 6

13. Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 9 - 0 

14. Chorizo vs HDS 6 - 6

It won’t last

On 04/03/2020 at 13:49, Sir Creep said:
On 04/03/2020 at 07:22, Clorox Bleachman said:

Such is life.

If your Bissell dies it'll be a clean sweep.

Pearls before swine.  I've been informed most you Brits haven't a clue what a Bissell is, so....  here.

bissell5d4a8fc4363c446ed.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Pearls before swine.  I've been informed most you Brits haven't a clue what a Bissell is, so....  here.

bissell5d4a8fc4363c446ed.jpeg

I've been informed that's a fair representation of what most of you yanks have between your ears.

4 hours ago, time said:

I've been informed that's a fair representation of what most of you yanks have between your ears.

What a sad sophomoric Napoleonic response.  Inferior much?

• Like 1

Laura Smith is a bit of a popular pick. For one, I actually score!!! But I can’t celebrate that much since Sir Creep also scores with her too, keeping his 9 point lead in place. As for other ties, Skinny gets three points and now takes the lead due to age. Grim finally gets some points in his tie. And it’s a 6 point tie lead too, as she was his joker. Similarly, Wormfarmer leads in his tie, although it’s only 3 points rather than 6. Another tie which gets some points is the Deadsox tie. And Quim Reaper too. Yes a lot of ties that haven’t scored are now getting points. In fact, that only leaves grobler vs John Key without any points. What about everyone else? Well, msc and Banana take a decisive 6 point lead against Biblio and Spade, and they seem to be all ready for April already. Fear Beag now takes a lead in his tie against AO Guy, which is turning into a round to watch for sure. That leaves both the ties of Reptile and Torva and Clorox and FixedBusiness, where both people in the tie has picked him. So, with that said...

1. Skinny Kiltrunner vs JiroemonKimura 6 - 6

3. Engineer vs Grim 0 - 6

4. YoungWillz vs Wormfarmer 0 - 3

5. Bibliogryphon vs msc 0 - 6

6. Torva vs Reptile 9 - 6

7. Banana vs Spade_Cooley 12 - 6

8. Quim Reaper vs Deathray 3 - 0 

9. Maryport vs Deadsox 0 - 3 

10. Oldlady vs DeathByArsenic 3 - 6 

11. An Fear Bag vs Alt Obits Guy 6 - 3

12. DDT vs Book 9 - 6

13. Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 12 - 3

14. Chorizo vs HDS 6 - 6

16. Clorox vs FixedBusiness 12 - 3

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Laura Smith makes up for last year's Robbie Smith, who I sat on for 7 weeks waiting for Cup play and he died 28 hours before launch.
- Both were folk singers from Nova Scotia

- Both named Smith

- Both were 'perfectly healthy', but discovered they had stage 4 cancer and were dead inside of 3 months

It was a sign.

Gah, I unjokered Laura Smith this month,  but at least I still had her. Looks like I am becoming the king of leading on technicalities. Anyhow, still 2 more Smith's on my list. 

Keith “Sooty Man” Ainsworth - Fear Beag

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Keith “Sooty Man” Ainsworth - Fear Beag

What about him? :huh:

Can't find any death notice for him?

Now that I have a fighting chance, here's how I see it shaking out...

I think I hit-out other than Ucles, Shajarian and maybe Liu. Ucles is improving after his condition was "a death sentence." No updates on Shajarian nor Liu so who knows. Everyone else is in hospice and can go at any time.

As for Spade, Heide is a good pick, but they could very well make it to next month same as O'Donnell as I'm hoping for. Lee was "making progress," but who knows. I was close to picking him as well. Garg was released from hospital. I won't consider Willie K until he's in hospice. The Flag Man is a guarantee. I still don't know what's up with Tantawi.

All in all, I think I squeeze out a 27-25 victory.