CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

Queen’s original manager Jack Nelson dead at 77

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/22/first-families-pay-tribute-former-white-house-butler-wilson-jerman-dies-covid-19

Former White House butler Wilson Jerman dies from coronavirus aged 91 . He served  under everyone from President Eisenhower through to  President Obama.

Is he the guy they made a movie about a few years ago?

43 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I'm not sure very possibly. I should know as I've seen the film were Jane Fonda played Nancy Reagan!

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ramzan Kadyrov who ordered the mass murder of gays in Chechnya hospitalised with coronavirus. 

Hope his doctor's LGBT.....  

36 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ramzan Kadyrov who ordered the mass murder of gays in Chechnya hospitalised with coronavirus. 

Proof that the virus isn’t all bad.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

No, his name was Eugene Allen and he died in 2010.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Hope his doctor's LGBT.....  

Let's hope his doctor says 'Hi everybody'  everytime he walks into a room.

On 15/04/2020 at 11:19, msc said:

Michael Rosen moves from ICU after 2 weeks but according to twitter is still rather poorly.

Now Michael Rosen is really out of ICU and it seems the worst is over.

On 13/05/2020 at 15:13, YoungWillz said:

Nick Cordero's condition improves after a setback. Seems he is on the mend again, gleefully.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Nick Cordero's condition improves after a setback. Seems he is on the mend again, gleefully.

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Now Michael Rosen is really out of ICU and it seems the worst is over.

I suspect that even if they survive and have no other setbacks, they're going to have some major side effects from having such a serious bout of corona.

31 minutes ago, CastAway said:

I suspect that even if they survive and have no other setbacks, they're going to have some major side effects from having such a serious bout of corona.

Losing a leg would probably count as a major side-effect, yeah.

• Haha 4

I suspect that Dominic Cummings might be about to become the latest victim of corona virus, job wise at least ! 

Could have sworn I mentioned him in the salvage lot for 2020 thread but apparently not. He was apparently so fucked with dementia that he didn't know who Aston Villa were when his son came to visit.

• Sad 1

Just a few weeks ago we thought the world was coming to an end.Now people are flocking to the beaches and parks and pubs are reopening. How did we manage to beat corona so fast?! :huh: Was it all just  massively over hyped, or is the worst of it to come in the winter?

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just a few weeks ago we thought the world was coming to an end.Now people are flocking to the beaches and parks and pubs are reopening. How did we manage to beat corona so fast?! :huh: Was it all just  massively over hyped, or is the worst of it to come in the winter?

We didn’t beat the virus. Just that the world leaders are massive idiots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Quite a lot of people will have had it by now, or have strong reasons to believe that they have.  They judge that they now have immunity, and that they are no longer infectious, and they are almost certainly right on both counts.    So they feel confident to carry on as normal.  I would too.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

They judge that they now have immunity, and that they are no longer infectious, and they are almost certainly right on both counts.  

For the record, I do hope you turn out right here.

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

Quite a lot of people will have had it by now, or have strong reasons to believe that they have.  They judge that they now have immunity, and that they are no longer infectious, and they are almost certainly right on both counts.    So they feel confident to carry on as normal.  I would too.

Gotta say doubtful about the immunity.  I saw an article last week about Sweden,  and even without a country wide lockdown, it looked like the overall infection rate (based on antibody presence)  was 7.3%. Nowhere near enough for herd immunity.  I don't think we're past this yet. 

3 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Gotta say doubtful about the immunity.  I saw an article last week about Sweden,  and even without a country wide lockdown, it looked like the overall infection rate (based on antibody presence)  was 7.3%. Nowhere near enough for herd immunity.  I don't think we're past this yet. 

Not talking about herd immunity.  I'm just talking about those individuals who have already had the virus.  They will feel that they are not running much risk compared to those who haven't had it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

For the record, I do hope you turn out right here.

This chap seems to talk a lot of sense.  He keeps up with the latest research findings and does a daily video.

• Like 1