Paul Bearer

King Charles III

1 minute ago, Toast said:

So has he been having treatment for longer than we've been told?  If not, why not?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bladder cancer.

A friend in the know told me earlier. He's had it for longer than the palace statement suggests. It was not discovered during the prostate surgery.

Any indication of the stage ?

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Any indication of the stage ?

Nope. He told me three things – the type, that he's had it for much longer than the palace suggested, and that he began treatment quite a while back. Don't know anything else.

• Thanks 1

Name the source. 

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nope. He told me three things – the type, that he's had it for much longer than the palace suggested, and that he began treatment quite a while back. Don't know anything else.

The key here is how aggressive the cancer is. My grandfather was diagnosed with stage 3 bladder cancer, even with treatment it took only a year before it ravaged his entire body and a few months later he was dead.

Of course, it isn't a death sentence but the more aggressive and the faster the cancer spreads, the lower your odds.

• Like 1

A friend of my late beloved father in law who's the same age, 86, is suffering from bladder cancer, yet he looked very good at the funeral and it does not seem to affect him too much.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bladder cancer.

A friend in the know told me earlier. He's had it for longer than the palace statement suggests. It was not discovered during the prostate surgery.

Damn, I thought I had posted it here, but yes, that was my hunch, bladder cancer, and more than stage 1.

There were some pictures in People magazine, he's gotten noticably thinner. They're putting him through the ringer. It's probably stage 3.

The treatment has been going on far too long for something minor.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Damn, I thought I had posted it here, but yes, that was my hunch, bladder cancer, and more than stage 1.

There were some pictures in People magazine, he's gotten noticably thinner. They're putting him through the ringer. It's probably stage 3.

They caught it early.

23 minutes ago, mymango said:

They caught it early.

That's what they say.

I don't know, I look at this picture and think it's not that easy. But I do believe that it's not stage 4. And with his access to healthcare he should still be more likely than not to live for 5 more years (I think it's a 60-40 bet).

Britain's King Charles III (R) welcomes Commonwealth Secretary General, Baroness Scotland of Asthal Patricia Scotland

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mymango said:

They caught it early.

Sunak likey wouldn't lie to Parliament if he knew differently right?

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Comped said:

It wasn't just him.

4 hours ago, Comped said:

There is precedence for such a thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

There is precedence for such a thing.

Starts at the crucial moment.

This man was fined for attending a party he claims in this bare faced lie he knew nothing about. Yes, I'll bring it up again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

That's what they say.

I don't know, I look at this picture and think it's not that easy. But I do believe that it's not stage 4. And with his access to healthcare he should still be more likely than not to live for 5 more years (I think it's a 60-40 bet).

Britain's King Charles III (R) welcomes Commonwealth Secretary General, Baroness Scotland of Asthal Patricia Scotland

Is that Sunak in the picture?

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, TheDumbReaper said:

Is that Sunak in the picture?

No, it's King Charles.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:
13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

No, it's King Charles.

No, the one on the left

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, TheDumbReaper said:

Isn’t the one on the left Gok Wan in a dress??

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

That's what they say.

The paintings are not Turner's and the porcelain is not even Clarice Cliff.  We really are the poor people's royalty.

15 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

The paintings are not Turner's and the porcelain is not even Clarice Cliff.  We really are the poor people's royalty.

Clarice Cliff is so common. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

That's what they say.

The weight loss is very noticable.  Compare the picture below from the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in June 2022.  He looked svelte compared to Boris Johnson!

Prime_Minister_Boris_Johnson_attends_CHOGM_2022_(52169710654).jpg

• Like 1

Cancer is no automatic death sentence nowadays. Let's remember how almost a decade ago some American expert claimed that fussing about Jimmy Carter's immunotherapy cancer treatment was just stupid, since "it probably only would prolong his life by a month or two"... I could not find the link but remember it vividly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talkative Finn said:

Cancer is no automatic death sentence nowadays. Let's remember how almost a decade ago some American expert claimed that fussing about Jimmy Carter's immunotherapy cancer treatment was just stupid, since "it probably only would prolong his life by a month or two"... I could not find the link but remember it vividly.

And if he hangs on like Carter (plus he's younger than Carter was with his cancer), he could pass his mother in age...

17 hours ago, Talkative Finn said:

if he keeps trying to all those "alternative" medicine treatments, he's going to steve jobs himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:
(a repost of some uninteresting tweet with a link to the Daily Heil)

Stop it.

• Like 5