Paul Bearer

King Charles III

Accurate representation of what it feels like to look through the King Charles and Jimmy Carter threads.

0:22 onwards is what I think whenever I see that the Jimmy Carter thread has had a new reply.

• Haha 7

Plotting how to outlive Carter as we speak.

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 9.15.18 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mymango said:

I don't accept this narrative at all. It's absolutely ridiculous to assume that when he's literally planning to tour Australia later this year.

On 07/01/2024 at 18:03, TQR said:

David Gest planned a tour called 'David Gest Is Not Dead...But Alive With Soul'. He died before it started.

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Jeezus. Would suggest something like Pancreatic if that quick. Given how late that's generally detected. (Unless you get extremely lucky like Eric Idle)

Ruth Bader Ginsburg lasted a good while with it but agreed. The fact they never announced the type of cancer feels ominous given that pancreatic is known to be the worst type to get. 

“Eddie did a bloody good job with the queen’s funeral and the coronation. He is only 67 so he will still be in the job for Charles whenever it happens,” said a friend of the duke’s.

A little presumptuous perhaps? Even if Charles lasts a month, the Duke could still die unexpectedly... The friend is probably right though.

17 hours ago, TQR said:

King Peggy before the end of next year, unfortunately.

What does that expression means ?

Returning to public facing duties, doctors encouraged by his progress.

LOL

• Like 1

Returning to public duties. Doctors Happy with progress. Now, my mango,  stop posting shit. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sinbabad said:

What does that expression means ?

Look up ‘Prince William Pegging’, you should get the story somewhere.

• Thanks 1

Feels like this has been rushed out to counter the NY Daily Post/TMZ articles.

• Like 4

If @TQR's sources are correct, presumably this return is the king going 'Fuck it, might as well get out there and do the job while I still can'.

1 minute ago, prussianblue said:

If @TQR's sources are correct, presumably this return is the king going 'Fuck it, might as well get out there and do the job while I still can'.

It’s that fusty old “keep calm and carry on” mentality innit. Charles is a royal so he doesn’t suffer from illnesses, only peasants do that. If he dies, he dies a hero of course.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Feels like this has been rushed out to counter the NY Daily Post/TMZ articles.

My thoughts exactly. It has an Elizabeth II feel to it, and it almost has a formula now.

Speculation/rumours of ill health start surfacing --> intensify over a number of days --> Palace remains quiet and don't deny or clarify anything --> Palace puts the monarch on some kind of duty and releases a positive but generic and vague soundbite to keep speculation at bay

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My thoughts exactly. It has an Elizabeth II feel to it, and it almost has a formula now.

Speculation/rumours of ill health start surfacing --> intensify over a number of days --> Palace remains quiet and don't deny or clarify anything --> Palace puts the monarch on some kind of duty and releases a positive but generic and vague soundbite to keep speculation at bay

Only complication is how to explain future missing events without raising the alarm. Elizabeth was twenty years old and not publicly known to have cancer. Harder for Charles to miss or even delay things without it being suspicious. 

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

When did they do this with the Queen? They never said she made encouraging progress.

Also, it's weird how similar rumours aren't surfacing about Kate. She looks far worse than him.

2 minutes ago, mymango said:

When did they do this with the Queen? They never said she made encouraging progress.

Also, it's weird how similar rumours aren't surfacing about Kate. She looks far worse than him.

Because they didn't reveal any illness, period. Even though she had cancer.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Because they didn't reveal any illness, period. Even though she had cancer.

They did say she had chronic mobility problems, though. Not once did they say she was making progress.

Funny though how it's journalists saying he's getting worse while his actual doctors are saying the opposite. Who to believe...

2 minutes ago, mymango said:

They did say she had chronic mobility problems, though. Not once did they say she was making progress.

I refer to you earlier to the posts explaining what "making progress" during cancer treatment actually means, because I still don't think you understand chemotherapy.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I refer to you earlier to the posts explaining what "making progress" during cancer treatment actually means, because I still don't think you understand chemotherapy.

I thought he was undergoing radiotherapy? It's Kate undergoing chemo.

Anyway, his doctors are very encouraged, and the fact he's returning to public duties means they're not too worried about his immune system. They're also positive about his prospects for recovery. Surely it makes more sense to trust his actual medical team than the rumour mill?

There's no suggestion of it being a terminal diagnosis.

Just now, mymango said:

I thought he was undergoing radiotherapy? It's Kate undergoing chemo.

Same rules apply. Now stop bumping the thread and go get some fresh air.

Posted (edited)

I think he's in serious danger in the no so distant future but he's doing all that he can as king whilst he is still able to, bearing in mind a terminal diagnosis doesn't mean he's immediately in a vegetative state. Also trying to quash speculation.

edit: Mango you can piss off you super royalist twit

Edited by Commtech Sio Bibble
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mymango said:

Understood. I'm only going to respond to replies directed at me today.

And it took you 6 hours to reply to something that you weren’t mentioned in, despite multiple public warnings from an admin about your posts. 

Should’ve stayed a lurker. Weird cunt. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Returning to public facing duties, doctors encouraged by his progress.

LOL

The NY Times published their own story (got al alert on my phone for it, and it seems to cover much the same lines). Personally, I'm optimistic.

• Thanks 1