msc

48. Tom Baker

7 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Well he's clearly not doing that bad if he's out and about this much.

Agreed. He looks like what he is: an old, retired Doctor.

• Like 1

He looks alright for a guy who is literally fucking 90 in a couple of months time 

8 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

He looks alright for a guy who is literally fucking 90 in a couple of months time 

I'd bet him making another year. At least.

5 minutes ago, jimbean1121 said:

i have a theory as to why tom looks so frail 

hes 90.

Yeah well over life expectancy.Especially for someone who has struggled with alcoholism in the past.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah well over life expectancy.Especially for someone who has struggled with alcoholism in the past.

commonly ppl with alcoholism die young so good for him 

He used to be really plump when I was growing up.Definitely seems a gradual yet overall massive weight loss over the last three years.

Yes, that basso profundo part of his unmistakable voice has gone a bit. Still, 90 in 4 weeks time!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deathrow66 said:

He was quite big bulk on the 50th anniversary 

How is he so slim and. Frail

I haven't looked him up at all and on this side of the Atlantic (hell, I'm near the Pacific, ha), I have no idea who this dude is.  (OK, I looked him up and I see what he's famous for now, got it.)  In looking at him, yes, he looks extremely frail and thin, as he is wearing multiple layers of clothing in almost all of the shots I see on this page, yet the clothes are draping him and look loose.  He looks like skin and bones.  Having said that, he can apparently still stand, as seen in that birthday message on Twitter, so that's a good sign, I suppose.  But I don't think we have to worry about Jimmy Carter territory here.  

• Shocked 1

He’s thin Alright but I don’t think he looks bad at all. Stand still can talk properly and have some humour left. His skin is the good carnation and everything. Just look old but that’s all. 

• Like 1

A good addition.National treasure and ageing quickly and with substantial weight loss and reports of hospitalisation last year as well as alcohol abuse in the past.As I said before doesn't look too disimilar to how John McCririck did towards the end.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

A good addition.National treasure and ageing quickly and with substantial weight loss and reports of hospitalisation last year as well as alcohol abuse in the past.As I said before doesn't look too disimilar to how John McCririck did towards the end.

He's a great pick for the list but one I'd personally like them to fail with!

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240415-202047_Facebook.thumb.jpg.35cf844b69d16007659c0124461086f0.jpg

Posting this as it popped up on Facebook. If I'm right, that's this Saturday's Times under his arm, so would back up the "very recent pic" description. Still walking to the shop, not sure he's changed much since the last pics? He sure likes that red waistcoat!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Screenshot_20240415-202047_Facebook.thumb.jpg.35cf844b69d16007659c0124461086f0.jpg

Posting this as it popped up on Facebook. If I'm right, that's this Saturday's Times under his arm, so would back up the "very recent pic" description. Still walking to the shop, not sure he's changed much since the last pics? He sure likes that red waistcoat!

Interesting that we now know which newspaper he reads. Of the living Doctors I reckon Davison, McCoy, Eccleston and Capaldi would all be Guardian readers. Smith is more likely to be a Times man. C Baker is known to read the Daily Mail. The youngest ones probably don't read newspapers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Interesting that we now know which newspaper he reads. Of the living Doctors I reckon Davison, McCoy, Eccleston and Capaldi would all be Guardian readers. Smith is more likely to be a Times man. C Baker is known to read the Daily Mail. The youngest ones probably don't read newspapers. 

Wait.

So he is out and about carrying a Times?

Of course he is, he is a Times traveller!

(Coat donned...).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Honestly, the Times is a very boring mainstream kind of choice. At least to me. It doesn't have that reputation of the NYT, a similar paper of record, in regards to political tilt...

10 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Ncuti Gatwa would probably be a Metro reader. 

15 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Tennant would also be a Guardian man, or maybe the New European. He's become pretty politically active in recent years.

• Like 1