msc

Ideas and possibilities 2022

5 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Elizabeth Kelly who played Nellie Ellis in the 90s, turned 100 this year. Also Harry Landis who played Felix Kawalski and appeared a couple of times in Friday Night Dinner as Nan’s boyfriend, aged 90.

Non-soap names worthy of consideration for next year -

James Lovelock

Desmond Morris

James Whale

LQ Jones 

I do wonder if it's possible  Elizabeth Kelly has  or could die off radar?

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I do wonder if it's possible  Elizabeth Kelly has  or could die off radar?

Doubt it, she does have a fairly extensive and impressive list of film and TV credentials stretching back decades and I think is quite well regarded in the acting world 

6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Would Philippe de Gaulle pass the famousness test? I wouldn’t have thought so but Bill Gates’ dad’s appearance makes me wonder.

I would love to see him on the list but I doubt he has the potential… Surely Charles de Gaulle is much more important than Bill Gates and even Philippe is more famous on his own than Bill Gates Sr. but I doubt they will go with non A-profil French celebs… 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I would love to see him on the list but I doubt he has the potential… Surely Charles de Gaulle is much more important than Bill Gates and even Philippe is more famous on his own than Bill Gates Sr. but I doubt they will go with non A-profil French celebs… 

Not by today’s standards sadly. There are more people alive who have heard of Gates over de Gaulle.

I suggested Philippe de Gaulle last year for DL as he would’ve been an easy hit… or at least I thought… they reported in 2020 that he was too ill to attend a major WWII ceremony… and yet he’s still alive. We need to find out more on his health.

30 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not by today’s standards sadly. There are more people alive who have heard of Gates over de Gaulle.

I suggested Philippe de Gaulle last year for DL as he would’ve been an easy hit… or at least I thought… they reported in 2020 that he was too ill to attend a major WWII ceremony… and yet he’s still alive. We need to find out more on his health.

I mean, I have an interest in history and political history and had no idea de Gaulle had a living son until he was mentioned on here a year or two ago.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2021 at 21:07, Gooseberry Crumble said:

An assortment of names I think deadpoolers  should  some pay attention to with regards to 2022....

Richard Wilson 

Barry Cryer

Don King 

Robbie Coltrane 

Robert Duvall 

Michael J Fox 

Berry Gordy 

Coltranes age and obesity and the length of time since Michael  J Fox was diagnosed with parkinsons disease are particular  factors to note.

Annette Crosbie, Wilson's co-star in "One Foot In The Grave" is a couple of years older than Wilson. Saw the episode of "Call The Midwife" she was in from a couple of years ago. Even though it was part of her character, she did seem quite frail Similar to Una Stubbs (who was in another episode playing a similar type of character) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because he's 85 next year (so why not) I did want to pick Otto Pfister for my DDP oldies team. Also, because his name makes Mrs msc laugh anytime I mention it. But there's no space. So I'll just mention him here.

Also, I guess its time to carry on an old tradition.

The Curse of Pan Breed, Resume:

2021 - Yoo Sang-Chul, Lars Hogh

2020 - Lee Kerslake

2019 - Philomena Lynott, Steffan Lewis, Carl Piddington

2018 - Colin Butts, Simon Ricketts

2017 - Keith Farnham

2016 - Caroline Aherne, Asa Briggs

2015 - Chris Woodhead, George Cole

2014 - Derek Martinus, Sandy Jardine, Jaruzelski

2013 - Glafcos Clerides, Ronald Coase

Who will join the list of picks dropped by myself only to snuff it the next year?

Officially being dropped for 2022*

Tom Smith

Gavin Robertson

Alan Dean Foster

Necro Butcher

Miguel van Damme

Tom Parker

I humbly apologise to all and any fans of the above.

*I may revert this if any of them announce hospice care in the next 50 hours...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, msc said:

Officially being dropped for 2022*

Tom Smith

Gavin Robertson

Alan Dean Foster

Necro Butcher

Miguel van Damme

Tom Parker

Alan Dean Foster is one of those picks whose health hasn't changed, but without any bonuses just doesn't seem all that intriguing.

2 minutes ago, Banana said:

Alan Dean Foster is one of those picks whose health hasn't changed, but without any bonuses just doesn't seem all that intriguing.

It would be more useful if his blog was updated on the 31st, not the 1st. Cue his 1st January "Out of the blue, I am now fucked" blog.

Regarding Richard Wilson. He's in Around the World in 80 Days. I saw him appear on screen last week. It was a minor role as David Tennant's old butler but he's well enough to still act.

• Like 1

(French here) Igor Bogdanov is likely to die in like a couple of days. He's unvaxed and is in ICU after catching Covid, his brother got the same and died yesterday.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fumuki said:

(French here) Igor Bogdanov is likely to die in like a couple of days. He's unvaxed and is in ICU after catching Covid, his brother got the same and died yesterday.

Already reported but yeah, wouldn’t be surprised if he passes on the next couple of days, maybe a first hit of 2022 ? 
anyway, welcome here !

And this, boys and girls, is why you don't submit your DDP teams until the 30th or 31st December :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ghislaine Maxwell been convicted if anyone wants to put her on a "suicide watch".

Norman Jewison and Roger Corman, if they should pass the famousness test.

In light of Martti Ahtisaari’s current COVID situation and Alzheimer’s diagnosis, I can see him as a reasonable pick too. 

Surely Ghislaine Maxwell for an unnatural death in 2022 is a cert

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Ghislaine Maxwell been convicted if anyone wants to put her on a "suicide watch".

Maybe some of the people who fear she might name names to get a shorter sentence should also be on suicide watch....

9 hours ago, Fumuki said:

Curious,do you know any other French celebs over 70 who are unvaxxed? Asking for a friend who doesn't play any deadpools at all.

• Haha 2

On 28/12/2021 at 16:52, MortalCaso said:

With Madden passing, Vin Scully should be next up to go at 94.

Oh man, as a huge Dodger fan, this would be tough, but I can't say it's without logic.  He just lost his wife in January of this year, too.  Tommy Lasorda was a much easier call at this time last year though, as it was clear that he was hanging on by a thread and very frail.  Scully is obviously very old but is still well enough to Tweet video messages and the like.  He wouldn't be a bad pick but I don't think he is ready just yet.  That said, a lot can change in 12 months when you're that age.  

OK so of my 2021 List, 18 died, so that leaves 32 names.  Of those, I think I'm going to drop Caan, Bacharach, Necro Butcher. and O'Neal, though I really do think O'Neal doesn't have a ton of time left.  So 28 are still in.  That means we need 22 more.  I'll start with my 28 holdovers and go from there...

Bob Newhart--frail enough that I'd be surprised if he makes it to '23

Ayatollah Khamenei--conflicting reports about how ill he might be, but I'm keeping him

Yoko Ono--hanging on for now

Jimmy Carter--extremely, extremely frail, and quite frankly I'm shocked he's still with us

Rosalynn Carter--have to play the Carter daily double

Jerry Lee Lewis--tick tock

Harry Belafonte--old and frail enough to keep, although he's still doing video messages

Betty White--she hits 100 next month; let's see if she can hit 101

Joanne Woodward--has been in the end stage of her dementia for a really long time

Linda Ronstadt--playing the odds of her PSP diagnosis in 2013

Bob Cousy--is 93, not a lot of info here but I'll keep him on my list

The Berzerker/Nord The Barbarian--the first of my ALS entries

Tom Parker--would have to live 4 calendar years with glioblastoma if he sees '23, so I'll keep him

Sidney Poitier--very old and frail

Nichelle Nichols--seemingly in the end stages of dementia

Barbara Walters--the end seems near

Teri Garr--sticking with this one, as she's likely had MS since the early 80's

Mikhail Gorbachev--surprised he's still alive, will keep him until he dies

Superstar Billy Graham--none of the wrestlers should be a surprise, really

Jake The Snake Roberts--COPD and other health problems 

Alberto Fujimori--survived the year but still very frail

Samu--had stage 4 liver cancer and had a transplant 

Eva Marie Saint--Hollywood legend is 97

Bob Barker--longtime Price Is Right host just turned 98

Pope Benedict--could have another year or two in him but he's very frail and 94

Fay Vincent--former MLB commish said he was dying in '19, so damn it, be a man of your word and die! 

Tom Weiskopf--looks like he'll make it to '22 but the likelihood of '23 is not good

Dick Cheney--going to keep him on my list until he croaks; '22 marks 10 years since the heart transplant

With that, I have two returnees from my 2020 List, so this gets us to 30 names...

David Crosby--got through another year, but he can't have a ton of time left, so back on he goes

Olivia Newton-John--at some point, the treatments are unfortunately going to stop working, a la Valerie Harper with stage 4 cancer

OK, so we need 20 more.  I unveil these names for your reading pleasure...

Pele--from everything we can gather, seems like a dire situation.  a must-add.

Jiang Zemin--honestly, I don't know anything about this guy other than he's old and he's a drol must-pick.  OK, then.

Tony Bennett--my favorite of the old crooners, it seems like he's deep in the throes of Alzheimer's now

Charley Trippi--NFL Hall Of Famer just turned 100

Steve Gleason--has suffered from ALS for longer than normal and is extremely gaunt in pictures

Jacques Delors--96-year-old missed a dinner in his honor due to poor health recently

Robert Solow--going with him over Greenspan since Solow is 97 and Greenspan doesn't appear to be overly frail for his age

Shannen Doherty--is relatively young, but the whole stage 4 cancer thing

Kris Kristofferson--get the sense he's in grave health, we'll see

Leslie Phillips--I mean, he's 97

Don West--when brain cancer returns, that's obviously no bueno

James Lovelock--at 102, too good of an opportunity for a hit

Philippe de Gaulle--is 100, so another great opportunity for a triple-digit hit

George Alagiah--another whose cancer has metastasized

Estelle Harris--former Seinfeld and Toy Story actress is now 93

Stanley Baxter--many of y'all seem to be shocked he's still alive at 95, so I'll go with it

David Graham--the actor is 96 and appears quite frail

June Brown--looks like a female crypt-keeper 

Henry Kissinger--turns 99 next year, and although mentally still there, is overweight and a bit frail

Imelda Marcos--is wheelchair-bound and 92

There you go, there's my list for 2022, although I reserve the right to make changes in the next 24 hours or so as more info becomes available.  I couldn't bring myself to add Queen Elizabeth II or Angela Lansbury because I simply don't think it's their time.  

EDIT:  After seeing how the Queen looked in her Christmas message, I'm putting her on the list in place of Imelda Marcos.  Begrudgingly, also.  What can I say, I'm a fan of the old woman's steely resolve.  

• Like 1

On 26/10/2021 at 11:12, Spade_Cooley said:

Another unmentioned before for the forum: Paul Trevillion, the cartoonist who caused arguments among bored football fans for decades with his You Are The Ref strip, is still alive at 87. Has an active Twitter account, so presumably he's got a few years left.

This article from The Blizzard, recently reproduced in The Guardian, has Trevillion credited with introducing the Captain's armband to English football, but more interestingly reveals that he only has 2 hours sleep each night and is "completely crackers".

Now 87, Trevillion is still extremely energetic. He told me on the phone that he’s “a legend” and that’s probably true. He also said he’s “completely crackers”, which might also be true. He goes to bed at 2am and is up again at 4am, he says, every night. “I can’t wait to wake up,” he chirped. “I wanna know I’m still alive!” His stories tend to loop around on themselves and bend off on tangents, and most sentences end with exclamation marks.

It's also an interesting read if you've ever wondered on the origins of captains' armbands.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Norman Jewison and Roger Corman, if they should pass the famousness test.

In light of Martti Ahtisaari’s current COVID situation and Alzheimer’s diagnosis, I can see him as a reasonable pick too. 

Both Corman and Jewison would get a QO, other than being in their 90s, they're both apparently in good health.

I wonder if we'll have a Frank Field double on the DDP this coming year?

Meteorologist Frank Field (wiki) is 99 in March and could get a Mail or Yahoo UK obit.

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I wonder if we'll have a Frank Field double on the DDP this coming year?

Meteorologist Frank Field (wiki) is 99 in March and could get a Mail or Yahoo UK obit.

I’m playing him in Death by Numbers as he is likely to get a New York Times obit but I’m not playing him in DDP.

• Like 1